Little queit in here today. When do your Christmas lights go on and which Z-list celeb has the honours?

Banned
ho ho ho.

26 Comments

x factor winner did ours last week louise something ....manchester but last year my local shopping centre had stavofs flatley and his son do it hahaha

dont know how to spell there names

Original Poster Banned

ashmac

x factor winner did ours last week louise something ....manchester but … x factor winner did ours last week louise something ....manchester but last year my local shopping centre had stavofs flatley and his son do it hahaha dont know how to spell there names

Oh, on so soon are they?

Yeah, we had some bimbo from x-factor do ours last year, think it must be in their contracts that when they fade into the shadows they can turn on some lights?

I'll get the cat to do mine - maybe I'll give her a Trump comb-over for added celebrity effect like this http://cdn77.sadanduseless.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/trump-cat1.jpg
edit: oh, sorry, you meant town/city lights (_;)
Edited by: "buddhabelly" 14th Nov 2016

Well in Plymouth Shayne Ward was meant to turn them on, he must of googled Ply and thought **** that! Then they got some mug called Sam Bailey on board but then he decided to tell them where to stick it. So now the council have said "We'd like Plymouth to nominate local people they feel should be recognised for their work in the community and vote for which one of them might switch the lights on for us this year."

Exeter christmas lights will be switched on by someone call Shelley Smith? Would of been nice to get the fire fighters who tackled the blaze of the oldest hotel in the UK...but no no its ok that sponge will do oO

Torquay...Well they aren't having anyone turn them on as the single moms keep stealing the bulbs for the baby's cot mobile.
http://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/en_GB/argosAssets/images/arg_visual_lifestyle_browse/vb_light_bulbs_01.jpg
Edited by: "ThugBasher" 14th Nov 2016

Near me we have....

Atomic Kitten
The remaining 3 (that are alive? I have no idea) of S Club 7
All Saints
Black Lace (Yep)

I think I'll be staying in

craig david and god knows which no name xfactor reject it was.traffic was shocking can only imagine how bad would have been with somebody talented

My council had some sort of meltdown last year and couldn't decide whether to call them Christmas lights or Winter festival lights. They went with Winter festival lights and switched them on, 2 months late, in February!

Its getting closer to Christmas, I suspect most of us are using the site as intended I know I am :P

stuarthanley

My council had some sort of meltdown last year and couldn't decide … My council had some sort of meltdown last year and couldn't decide whether to call them Christmas lights or Winter festival lights. They went with Winter festival lights and switched them on, 2 months late, in February!

Carmarthen switched their lights on last week, but they had no tree as its being built in China and is delayed by two weeks lol.

Banned

violentj

craig david and god knows which no name xfactor reject it was.traffic was … craig david and god knows which no name xfactor reject it was.traffic was shocking can only imagine how bad would have been with somebody talented

Craig David is talented judging by the music awards he has won & been nominated for.
Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 14th Nov 2016

Original Poster Banned

haritori

Its getting closer to Christmas, I suspect most of us are using the site … Its getting closer to Christmas, I suspect most of us are using the site as intended I know I am :P

Yet here you are

We have Slade - how much more xmas can you get?
followed by prof green and east 17 (no brian harvey though)

Time to move I think

no celebrity yet, but we had the first gas powered public illuminations in the country in1868 (blue plaque) and somebody nicked two dwarfs off snow whites illuminations in the 1950s on their way home from pub. the fun never ends round our way.

I'm from Leicester so we have just rolled Sam Bailey out for all these nothingness events since she won X-Factor.

I'd say she's got a good chance again this year as can't see them letting Keith Vaz do it for some reason.

Original Poster Banned

Towelie

I'm from Leicester so we have just rolled Sam Bailey out for all these … I'm from Leicester so we have just rolled Sam Bailey out for all these nothingness events since she won X-Factor.I'd say she's got a good chance again this year as can't see them letting Keith Vaz do it for some reason.

Well she is booked in to do the Plymouth lights because Shane Ward couldn't make it. She did Plymouth last year too!

Banned

Towelie

I'm from Leicester so we have just rolled Sam Bailey out for all these … I'm from Leicester so we have just rolled Sam Bailey out for all these nothingness events since she won X-Factor.I'd say she's got a good chance again this year as can't see them letting Keith Vaz do it for some reason.

You would have thought they might have thought about Leicester FC players oO

YouDontWantToKnow

Craig David is talented judging by the music awards he has won & been … Craig David is talented judging by the music awards he has won & been nominated for.

​awards do not equate talented at all . popular yes but not talented .all a back patting carry on anyway

27th November... some bloke from Hear'say doing it...

MichyM

We have Slade - how much more xmas can you get?followed by prof green and … We have Slade - how much more xmas can you get?followed by prof green and east 17 (no brian harvey though)Time to move I think

East 17 played a gig at my senior school before they were famous...

shadey12

no celebrity yet, but we had the first gas powered public illuminations … no celebrity yet, but we had the first gas powered public illuminations in the country in1868 (blue plaque) and somebody nicked two dwarfs off snow whites illuminations in the 1950s on their way home from pub. the fun never ends round our way.

You say it never ends... but you've got no anecdotes to share from anytime more recent than the 50s. I'd say the fun stopped midway through the last century

If I had my way ours would be turned on Christmas Day morning and turned off Christmas Day night, wife's started this last 30 odd years calling me a miserable old git, I have no idea why?

Actually I'm bloody serious as well, don't like Christmas, as my hero said 'bah humbug'.

miikeyblue

You say it never ends... but you've got no anecdotes to share from … You say it never ends... but you've got no anecdotes to share from anytime more recent than the 50s. I'd say the fun stopped midway through the last century

​its kind of the highlight of a generation or two thing.

Council here arent putting lights or xmas tree this year ...to expensive ,,,,,but they spent 14,000 on a wooden horse ....pathetic!

24th nov no one is turning on as yet, last year it was someone with an Olympic medal it was not made clear at the time if he won it or robbed it

Connie Talbot is doing ours on 10th December. Didn't know who she was till I Googled her. X)

Edited by: "A1512" 15th Nov 2016

Ed Balls doing it here in Norwich on Thursday.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
    2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
    3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
    4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions