Groups

Little riddle for you all.... the 1st one to get it right gets rep

Inside a room is a light bulb. Outside are three switches in the off position. There is no way to see into the room without opening the door. How do you work out which switch turns the light on? You can fiddle with the switches as much as you like, but you're only allowed to open the door to the room once.

first correct answer gets rep..... pls don't google
    lynds xx

79 Comments

omg - no COD in this thread?!

Banned

turn them all on

sassie;4235615

turn them all on

+1

Original Poster

robtallica;4235614

omg - no COD in this thread?!

:lol: no have another thread for that

open the door then try the switches

the switch is inside?

open the door then fiddle with the switches to see which one turns the light on?

Open the door, keep it open then try each switch in turn!

Original Poster

sassie;4235615

turn them all on

foxymissroxy;4235626

+1

no you can only have 1 on at the time you open the door..... sorry forgot to mention that :oops:

Look through the window? Or around the edges of the door?

open the door and then try the switches

Original Poster

bassman_uk;4235631

open the door then try the switches

newme2006;4235640

open the door then fiddle with the switches to see which one turns the … open the door then fiddle with the switches to see which one turns the light on?

cuzzy;4235642

Open the door, keep it open then try each switch in turn!

not the right answer

look through the cracks round the door and frame as turning the switches on and off to look for the faint light

lyndsbowes;4235645

no you can only have 1 on at the time you open the door..... sorry forgot … no you can only have 1 on at the time you open the door..... sorry forgot to mention that :oops:

[SIZE="7"][COLOR="Red"]cheat!!!!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

lyndsbowes;4235653

not the right answer

ugh, I was thinking the same thing!

Original Poster

Hushpuppy290;4235646

Look through the window? Or around the edges of the door?

There is no way to see into the room without opening the door.

Banned

look though the keyhole

Original Poster

sassie;4235670

look though the keyhole

Original Poster

jellybaby22;4235664

Turn on switch 1, leave it on for 1 hour. One hour later, turn it off. … Turn on switch 1, leave it on for 1 hour. One hour later, turn it off. Turn switch 2 on, then walk in. If the light is on, it is switch 2; if it is not on, then you feel the light bulb, if it is hot, it is the switch that was previously on, which was switch 1, if the light bulb is cold then the first switch did nothing, leaving switch 3.:)

ahhh you absolute gorgeous clever lady :thumbsup: tho you only need to leave the 1st switch for about 5 mins before it will get hot ;-)

Banned

me thinks you are making up this as you go along - pmsl

Banned

jellybaby22;4235664

Turn on switch 1, leave it on for 1 hour. One hour later, turn it off. … Turn on switch 1, leave it on for 1 hour. One hour later, turn it off. Turn switch 2 on, then walk in. If the light is on, it is switch 2; if it is not on, then you feel the light bulb, if it is hot, it is the switch that was previously on, which was switch 1, if the light bulb is cold then the first switch did nothing, leaving switch 3.:)

Don't leave it for an hour, 2 mins would be enough, otherwise it's cold and then you wouldn't be sure if it was 1 or 3 (assuming switch 2 was not on). :thumbsup:

Original Poster

bassman_uk;4235655

look through the cracks round the door and frame as turning the switches … look through the cracks round the door and frame as turning the switches on and off to look for the faint light

jellybaby22;4235664

Aint Google great! :whistling:

lol ok i dunno then

Thankyou so much! Love the riddles:thumbsup:

Here's one...

What gets wetter the more it dries?

tremblyseren;4235708

Sorry to spoil so early on :oops:Here's one...What gets wetter the more … Sorry to spoil so early on :oops:Here's one...What gets wetter the more it dries?

towl

jellybaby22;4235664

well googled

Original Poster

sassie;4235684

me thinks you are making up this as you go along - pmsl

methinks what you thinks is wrong got it out of a book called' dad stuff' by steve caplin & simon rose and what i put is exactly how it is in the book...... people who didn't give the answer that was in the book are wrong :-D

I'm loving the campaign mode. I'm on hard mode and have just gotten to grips with the difficulty.

I got passed that dark tunnel shoot-out with the Nazi's last night, did the shoot the Jap ships level bit aswell.

EDIT: oops, wrong thread.

jellybaby22;4235664

lyndsbowes;4235681

ahhh you absolute gorgeous clever lady :thumbsup: tho you only need to … ahhh you absolute gorgeous clever lady :thumbsup: tho you only need to leave the 1st switch for about 5 mins before it will get hot

Very good:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    ( as long as it wasn't a low energy bulb!!):-D

What gets wetter the more it dries?

A towel?:)

Original Poster

foxymissroxy;4235661

[SIZE="7"][COLOR="Red"]cheat!!!!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

:lol: no i got it out of a book and that is not the answer..... just thought people needed reasons why :thumbsup:

Banned

jellybaby22;4235664

No googling eh, but your exact words are here, everything exactly as you said, what a weird world eh :w00t:

forums.fable-2.com/sho…198

robtallica;4235731

I'm loving the campaign mode. I'm on hard mode and have just gotten to … I'm loving the campaign mode. I'm on hard mode and have just gotten to grips with the difficulty. I got passed that dark tunnel shoot-out with the Nazi's last night, did the shoot the Jap ships level bit aswell.EDIT: oops, wrong thread.

lol

Banned

lyndsbowes;4235728

methinks what you thinks is wrong got it out of a book called' dad … methinks what you thinks is wrong got it out of a book called' dad stuff' by steve caplin & simon rose and what i put is exactly how it is in the book...... people who didn't give the answer that was in the book are wrong :-D

me wrong, pahhh you have no idea - lol

Original Poster

sassie;4235748

me wrong, pahhh you have no idea - lol

lol well fair enough

Easy love riddles!!

Turn on switch 1, leave it on for 1 hour. One hour later, turn it off. Turn switch 2 on, then walk in. If the light is on, it is switch 2; if it is not on, then you feel the light bulb, if it is hot, it is the switch that was previously on, which was switch 1, if the light bulb is cold then the first switch did nothing, leaving switch 3.

Original Poster

robtallica;4235731

I'm loving the campaign mode. I'm on hard mode and have just gotten to … I'm loving the campaign mode. I'm on hard mode and have just gotten to grips with the difficulty. I got passed that dark tunnel shoot-out with the Nazi's last night, did the shoot the Jap ships level bit aswell.EDIT: oops, wrong thread.

LOOOL ya git..... are you on live??

Original Poster

jellybaby22;4235766

how do you know that person on the other forum isnt me.....:pah ok..I … how do you know that person on the other forum isnt me.....:pah ok..I cheated..but to be fair I already knew the answer..I have the book Lynds is talking about...just couldnt be bothered typing it all......:pIm a lazy cow :thumbsup:

:lol: good for you for being honest... but why would you have a book called 'dad stuff' pmsl..... repped you anyway coz you're fab

Banned

Naeem786;4235783

Easy love riddles!!Turn on switch 1, leave it on for 1 hour. One hour … Easy love riddles!!Turn on switch 1, leave it on for 1 hour. One hour later, turn it off. Turn switch 2 on, then walk in. If the light is on, it is switch 2; if it is not on, then you feel the light bulb, if it is hot, it is the switch that was previously on, which was switch 1, if the light bulb is cold then the first switch did nothing, leaving switch 3.

TAXI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846216
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49395
      3. Find out how good your GP surgery is1111
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism46

See more discussions