Groups

Little Star Award (Cancer research)

Not sure if this one will count as a deal or will be rejected by the moderator but thought of sharing.
    My 5 year little boy was diagnosed with cancer recently. A good care is being taken care by the hospital staff to make him better. During one of the visit to hospital I found a flier from cancer research to nominate a child with cancer for the little star award. Upon filling the information my son received a shining little star from the cancer research which brought a big smile on his face after a long time, which actually made my family cry. It was overwhelming to see him smile after a long time.
    Anyone can nominate a child with cancer for this award (off course with parent/carer's permission) & they will receive a shining star, certificate, T-shirt & £50 TK Max voucher.

Please don't misuse this information & remember to take permission from parent or carer before filling up the online nomination.

survey.cancerresearchuk.org/Sur…684

6 Comments

Hope and pray your family get through this tough time; hope and pray for all families going through such a thing. God bless

Thanks for the headups sanjeevmamgain, just popped this into misc for you.

Hi sanjeevmamgain, I do hope your little boy is coping well and I wish you all the best for what must be a very difficult journey for all of your family! Great information and as you say a little shiny star can make that day just a little brighter. All the best for the future!

I'm not very good when it comes to expressing feelings with stories like this, but I wish you the very best through the journey you will all have to take with his illness, when I just read that it put a big smile on your little boys face (after a long time), it brought tears to my eyes never mind close family. What a lovely thing to share for others that may be going through a similar situation.

It's funny how the smallest things can make a difference and I hope he recovers quickly.

All my thoughts are with your son and your family. Positive attitude helps. My brother got the full remission news today on his myloid leukaemia today. Hope you get to hear that too in due course xxxx

Original Poster

Thanks all :-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661377
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764161
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?24109
      4. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831025

See more discussions