Littlewoods!!!!!

I did a free Equifax report online and noticed littlewoods searched my credit file 4 times in one day.

I was not happy about this and asked Equifax to investigate and littlewoods turned round and said it was correct.

It wouldnt make sense for me to apply for a credit account 4 times in one day!!!!!

Ive asked them to close my account now because of it as im fumming...i deffo want order anything else from Littlewoods , if they want to be unprofessional like this.

What can i do about this , can they get away with this as it seems they can, Equifax was not very helpful they just told me to write to the company in Question.

6 Comments

free equifax online? dont have the link do you , i wanna know if littlewoods done the same to me now!LOL

Original Poster

You have to sign up for there gold service which is £69.99 a year but dont worry you dont get charged as its a 30 free trial first but only if you go for the gold.

Just make sure you cancel trial before 30 days :thumbsup:

it may show up, it did on mine but they are credit searches that do NOT damage your credit score.

i panicked when i read my report, read the small print stuff, it is not even a full search ( like a bank would do for a mortgage)

Original Poster

Oh i thought it did , as when there are numerous searches on your account it puts off other lenders like credit card company or bank etc??

I cant get good credit at the minute, only from my bank or crapital one

A-n-d-y

Oh i thought it did , as when there are numerous searches on your account … Oh i thought it did , as when there are numerous searches on your account it puts off other lenders like credit card company or bank etc??

from what i understand ( amd what i was told) was that they were just address check sorts of credit checks ) as in does she/he live there. if you APPLY for credit more than 3 different times in a 6 month period it brings up a flag ( not great) but companies checking your details does not harm anything.

:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50034
    2. Type 11, 21 or 22 Radiators?24
    3. Which Kodi Add-ons?1314
    4. Just an thought regarding Paypal87

See more discussions