Groups
    EXPIRED

littlewoods - conned me out of £140

well a while ago 21st dec to be precise there was a pricing error on their website the lg cookie was £0.00 and it went through the checkout at this price too, got confirmation email aswell. later on that day id remembered i had forgot somebodys xmas pressie, so went back online to order them something, and thought id see if the phone was still miss priced and it was. so i ordered another lol, i know i was wrong in doing this but it was there error not mine.

the phones arrived the day after invoice showing £0.00. great stuff!!! then 30 minutes later they call to say there had been an error on the site and that i would be charged £69.99 each , so i said i would return them, and I DID!!!!!.
    never thought to check to see if my account had been creditted , until yesterday when i went online to check my balance, as normally i never look i just pay them, and it was alot higher than it should have been .

only thing is now im struggling to find the proof of return, and being xmas i returned loads of items and now im unsure which number is for what as all my courier ever does is stick an individual label per parcel on a card.
    also in my transcation history the phones where not invoiced on the 21st dec all it says 22nd dec , price adjustment £69 twice. so im wondering because they were ordered at nil value they obviously were never in my order history until they had realised the day after and put 2 price adjustments on my account, not even on my order history either !!!

any advice is welcomed, i dont need sarcasm i know i was greedy ordering 2 but who woudnt try there luck !!!!! just need to know if theres any point in phoning them to complain, would there be another way for littlewoods to track the parcel without the reference number, i.e could they use my address to locate all the collection numbers used around dec/january 2010 and then locate the parcel.

18 Comments

dont think you should have returned them-once they despatch them they have entered into a contract to supply at the price(zero)

just need to know if theres any point in phoning them to complain

Of course there is, get on the phone and give them hell!

Original Poster

i thought that afterwards, i should have stood my ground back then now in two phones down and £140 out of pocket gunna phone them in a minute, any advice what to say guys

yeah they wouldnt of credited anything as the invoice was for 0.00 and they have manually added the 2 x 69.00 to your account.you need to get on the phone to them and explain this they will have records of it and will then credit the account.

If HDNL picked them up they will have it on record when the driver came and collected

Banned

I'd be rich(er) if I had a £1 for every time Littlewoods "make an error" and customers lose out big time.

I've just done a credit card reclaim with my bank for postage they'd taken after cancelling my order and confirming on the phone that NO MONEY had been taken. I believe the term is theft.

just need to know if theres any point in phoning them to complain

yes there is

Original Poster

on the phone now the guy is saying i have no leg to sand on etc im fuming, saying i shud ave checked my account sooner, bloody wont be ordering from them in future

sure they can't do that.

tell them they'll be hearing from ya solicitor - thats the reason why I dont order from LW

Original Poster

deanos;8029941

If HDNL picked them up they will have it on record when the driver came … If HDNL picked them up they will have it on record when the driver came and collected

just said this to him & he put me on hold for a minute, and guess what i now owe £ 140 quid less woooohhooooooo many thanks xxx

Original Poster

i love being a red head

Banned

tinafaulkner2007;8029999

i love being a red head

you should be a blonde...........

And they didnt con you. You got greedy and got rumbled. They then charged accordingly.

my son ordered a ps3 on his and has been the bank and they have taken 3 payments for the one ps3 totaling 600 pounds and they said it will take 3 weeks to refund him he has other bills which come out on dd so is now going to incur charges .

Banned

linw;8030151

my son ordered a ps3 on his and has been the bank and they have taken 3 … my son ordered a ps3 on his and has been the bank and they have taken 3 payments for the one ps3 totaling 600 pounds and they said it will take 3 weeks to refund him he has other bills which come out on dd so is now going to incur charges .

So inform them that the bank charges you will incur because of their incompetence or deliberate act of theft, will be forward to them to pay.

Alternatively, call your bank, inform them that Littlewoods have stolen money from you and put the amounts into dispute. There shouldnt then be any charges until its resolved - but that depends on your bank.

Banned

dimebars;8030141

you should be a blonde...........And they didnt con you. You got greedy … you should be a blonde...........And they didnt con you. You got greedy and got rumbled. They then charged accordingly.

Are you sure its you that's not blonde?

The OP has confirmed the goods were sent back and Littlewoods have now acknowledged they'd messed up.

Hope that helps.

Banned

guv;8030212

Are you sure its you that's not blonde?The OP has confirmed the goods … Are you sure its you that's not blonde?The OP has confirmed the goods were sent back and Littlewoods have now acknowledged they'd messed up.Hope that helps.

Still doesnt make it a con though does it? Its a simple (if recurring) error.

The Real Hustle are hardly likely to feature the Littlewoods/Very scam are they?

/thread

Banned

dimebars;8030229

Still doesnt make it a con though does it? Its a simple (if recurring) … Still doesnt make it a con though does it? Its a simple (if recurring) error.The Real Hustle are hardly likely to feature the Littlewoods/Very scam are they?

I'd say charging someone for goods they don't have is a con. But fair enough if you don't.

Not sure what "the real hustle" has to do with it, but they have been on watchdog for doing this and no doubt will again.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …285990
      2. Your dream gaming set up?2659
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846322
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1841

See more discussions