Littlewoods SCAM - Beware

Found 27th Jan 2012
Just had an email from littlewoods (don't have account with them).

Dear Customer ,

Our record shows that you have a refund slated for your account due to charges made against
your account by us. We do apologise for this mistake which was caused by errors from our system.
This transaction cannot be completed due to the errors present in your account information.
You are required to click on the LOGON below to fix this problem immediately. Please note, it will
take 3 working days to credit your account with the refund.

Log On

Please do not reply to this message. For questions, please call Customer Service.
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Copyright © 1999-2011 shopdirect group. All rights reserved.

The logon link goes to a fake login page for LW, be careful what emails you open.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
18 Comments

Banned

Okkk

Are people still stupid enough to click on links sent to them in e-mails?

Phishing scams are getting odder, I had one the other day for a star wars online account!

I keep getting stuff telling me of account changes each time I log into google. Says they are doing upgrades and have to log in again to confirm it is me. Says there is a cut off date of March.

Havent done any updates so far. Is this one likely to be genuine. Its appearing on several of my gmail accounts

fluffyundacrakas

Are people still stupid enough to click on links sent to them in e-mails? … Are people still stupid enough to click on links sent to them in e-mails?

Some people havent got the intelligence not to. They will read this thread and then click a link in an email tomorrow and still wonder how someone has spent £5000 on their account.

harlzter

Phishing scams are getting odder, I had one the other day for a star wars … Phishing scams are getting odder, I had one the other day for a star wars online account!

I know what you mean, they should try going for ones where there is a good chance the victim will fall for it. something like liverpoolfc.co.uk

Luckily I don't have to worry about things like this as i've got millions due from the Nigerian Royal family.

jonny619447

I know what you mean, they should try going for ones where there is a … I know what you mean, they should try going for ones where there is a good chance the victim will fall for it. something like http://www.liverpoolfc.co.uk

True but I would be surprised if both members fell for that one.

Scam emails on the t'internet ... whatever next ?!?!?

gizmouk

Scam emails on the t'internet ... whatever next ?!?!?

I've heard you can use the internet to view pictures of scantily clad women. Unproven at the moment though

I did try that sancho on my 56k modem once... took around half hour for the picture to load up bit by bit... by then droop had set in

sancho1983

I've heard you can use the internet to view pictures of scantily clad … I've heard you can use the internet to view pictures of scantily clad women. Unproven at the moment though

You dont need it with you Mrs mate.

Just had an email from littlewoods (don't have account with them).Dear … Just had an email from littlewoods (don't have account with them).Dear Customer ,Our record shows that you have a refund slated for your account due to charges made againstyour account by us. We do apologise for this mistake which was caused by errors from our system.This transaction cannot be completed due to the errors present in your account information.You are required to click on the LOGON below to fix this problem immediately. Please note, it willtake 3 working days to credit your account with the refund.Log OnPlease do not reply to this message. For questions, please call Customer Service.We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.Copyright © 1999-2011 shopdirect group. All rights reserved.The logon link goes to a fake login page for LW, be careful what emails you open.

http://www.memecenter.com/uploaded/Seems-Legit_d9a22979fbbdf13e5464cf3df438534e.jpg

DLM's up

O2
received from O2 today (16-07-2012) suspect a scam but they did have problems last week still not giving out log-in details though.....
Dear Customer,

Our record shows that you have a refund slated for your account due to charges made against your account by us.
We do apologize for this mistake which was caused by error from our system.
This transaction cannot be completed due to the errors present in your account information.
You are required to click on the Sign in below to fix this problem immediately. Please note, it will take 3 working days to credit your account with the refund.

indigorblue

O2 received from O2 today (16-07-2012) suspect a scam but they did have … O2 received from O2 today (16-07-2012) suspect a scam but they did have problems last week still not giving out log-in details though.....Dear Customer,Our record shows that you have a refund slated for your account due to charges made against your account by us.We do apologize for this mistake which was caused by error from our system.This transaction cannot be completed due to the errors present in your account information.You are required to click on the Sign in below to fix this problem immediately. Please note, it will take 3 working days to credit your account with the refund.

if they have charged you extra then they already have the info required for a refund, chances are its a scam, try logging in after typing the trusted address you normaly use. A giveaway for me is they use the americanised apologiZe rather than apologise with an S.

Its a standard phishing email with no mention of the company in the body either. google.co.uk/sea…thi
Edited by: "harlzter" 16th Jul 2012

harlzter

if they have charged you extra then they already have the info required … if they have charged you extra then they already have the info required for a refund, chances are its a scam, try logging in after typing the trusted address you normaly use. A giveaway for me is they use the americanised apologiZe rather than apologise with an S.Its a standard phishing email with no mention of the company in the body either. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Dear+Customer%2C+Our+record+shows+that+you+have+a+refund+slated+for+your+account+due+to+charges+made+against+your+account+by+us.+We+do+apologize+for+thi#hl=en&safe=off&q=Dear+Customer,+Our+record+shows+that+you+have+a+refund+slated+for+your+account+due+to+charges+made+against+your+account+by+us.+We+do+apologize+for+thi&nirf=Dear+Customer,+Our+record+shows+that+you+have+a+refund+slated+for+your+account+due+to+charges+made+against+your+account+by+us.+We+do+apologise+for+thi&sa=X&ei=6z8EUOm4LOfB0gWakuHEBw&ved=0CDsQ8BYoAQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=a46e507552a12904&biw=1366&bih=578

The **** poor grammar gave it away for me lol.

Shengis

The **** poor grammar gave it away for me lol.

true.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants