Littlewoods/LXDirect laptop mis-prices continued conversation...

163 replies
Found 2nd Feb 2007
Please continue to converse in here

164 Comments

Got an email confirmation of laptop order yesterday, my mate got a cancellation notice from lxdirect - I never. Egg confirms that they've taken payment for £132.50 today. 36 hrs since his cancellation...

Game still on here then

Still all quiet over here on the £149 laptop I ordered at 1220 on Tuesday.

No contact since confirmation email and no cancellation.

Casey2901

Still all quiet over here on the £149 laptop I ordered at 1220 on … Still all quiet over here on the £149 laptop I ordered at 1220 on Tuesday.No contact since confirmation email and no cancellation.

Exactly me too.

Casey2901

Still all quiet over here on the £149 laptop I ordered at 1220 on … Still all quiet over here on the £149 laptop I ordered at 1220 on Tuesday.No contact since confirmation email and no cancellation.

I ordered on 30/1/07, confirmation "A100" laptop with Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 PR427A & payment taken from credit card on 31/1/07. Just managed to track the order and it shows Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 product code PR427.
[CENTER]Wait and see or just cancel it and move on?[/CENTER]

Well, I got my confirmation emails not long after I ordered and have had nothing back from them.

Just going to wait and see what happens, not really expecting to get a laptop for £140 or £250, and as mentioned previously you can return whatever you get.

I ordered the £129.99 laptop. Confirmation message arrived and no cancellation. It does look, however, that they're gonna be sending me Microsoft Office.

I got a letter this morning from them, it says

We are writing to advise you that we were unable to process your recent credit/debit card payment of 224.10 as your card issuer has refused authorisation of this payment.

blaah blaah blaah

Please do not hesitiate to call us on the number shown above, or visit our website, once you have resolved the problem with your card issuer and we will be happy to process your transaction.

Now there is nothing wrong with my card, clever littlewoods though this means you have to phone them. So I called and they confirmed I had ordered Microsoft Vista. I read what my printed copy of my order stated and then they stated that it was an error.

I doubt I have a leg to stand on but I have an order and a letter confirming they are happy to process my transaction. In effect an acceptance of my order. They could have written to me and told me about the mistake but instead they wrote to tell me the only reason they could not process my order was because of a credit card problem.

I suppose my next step should be to move on and wait for the next bargain unless anyone who knows the law can advise differently?

I had the same letter.

Called the bank and they said it was not a problem on my banks' end.

Might not bother calling Littlewoods then, if all they say is I ordered Vista.

heatherw_01

I had the same letter.Called the bank and they said it was not a problem … I had the same letter.Called the bank and they said it was not a problem on my banks' end.Might not bother calling Littlewoods then, if all they say is I ordered Vista.

That they've started using this underhand tactic might be a sign that they're panicking :-D I wonder if they'll buckle today ?

Flimber

That they've started using this underhand tactic might be a sign that … That they've started using this underhand tactic might be a sign that they're panicking :-D I wonder if they'll buckle today ?

I doubt it, I don't think we have a leg to stand on but I will probably send a copy of their letter and my order to them with the threat of small claims court action. Again I don't expect to hear anything from them but their quote of their T&C's which they believe covers them completely and for those in the know they will probably tell us that they are correct.

For the sake of a first class stamp and a few minutes it's worth a punt. Problem is they won't buckle as it would open flood gates.

And then this email appeared.

Our website recently displayed a Toshiba Laptop and associated software at an incorrect price. You placed an order for the laptop at the incorrect price, which we have already declined.

However, we do value your custom and as a goodwill gesture, we would like to offer you the Toshiba A100 laptop and your choice of either Microsoft Office Home and Student software or Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition software with a 25% discount off the correct selling price which is now displayed on our website. .

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call 08450 757 171 and one of our customer service advisors will process your request.

Kind Regards
The Online Customer Care team

Well, I enquired about another order I placed before Christmas, and got an email back updating me about my old order, then it said...

and also... your A100 laptop order has been cancelled.

I am pursuing this a little further, not bothered too much, but a couple of emails have gone out complaining and asking them to honour it.

Here's hoping.

davelfc

...we would like to offer you the Toshiba A100 laptop and your choice of … ...we would like to offer you the Toshiba A100 laptop and your choice of either Microsoft Office Home and Student software or Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition software with a 25% discount off the correct selling price which is now displayed on our website.

So davelfc, are you going to take up the offer?

Just as I posted that, I got an email with exactly the same offer. Even the same two full stops.. he he

I am not taking the offer up at this stage.

Our website recently displayed a Toshiba Laptop and associated software at an incorrect price. You placed an order for the laptop at the incorrect price, which we have already declined.

However, we do value your custom and as a goodwill gesture, we would like to offer you the Toshiba A100 laptop and your choice of either Microsoft Office Home and Student software or Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition software with a 25% discount off the correct selling price which is now displayed on our website. .

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call 08450 757 171 and one of our customer service advisors will process your request.

Kind Regards
The Online Customer Care team

davohotuk

So davelfc, are you going to take up the offer?

No I've emailed them back to tell them that they have never declined my order and that I am seeking advice on taking this matter further.

They are on the back foot at the moment

I have not been told it was a misprice or even had an email from them. Just this letter with lies about my card being declined.

I also got this message - is it a good deal now?

Got the email too now

£162 off RRP.

Hmm, no, they can keep it.

mumbai_xprss

Our website recently displayed a Toshiba Laptop and associated software … Our website recently displayed a Toshiba Laptop and associated software at an incorrect price. You placed an order for the laptop at the incorrect price, which we have already declined.However, we do value your custom and as a goodwill gesture, we would like to offer you the Toshiba A100 laptop and your choice of either Microsoft Office Home and Student software or Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition software with a 25% discount off the correct selling price which is now displayed on our website. .If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call 08450 757 171 and one of our customer service advisors will process your request.Kind RegardsThe Online Customer Care team

I just got this email too. With the 25% it's a savings of £162.25 making this laptop £486.00....Not bad i suppose but still too much for me.

If it was not £124 I can't be bothered to have my 3rd computer. Why should I pay for a dummie one for just 25% off? No point. I just want back what I have ordered. I accept to receive credit notes, gift vouchers but not a discount card.

I got the e-mail and the way it is worded I wonder if they are throwing in the software for free or do you have to order both?

Just out of curiosity, what are they offering. (I have the email but it is not clear)

a100 latop (£570) and vista premium (£239) = £809 - 25% = £607
or
a100 latop (£570) and office 2007(£129) = £699- 25% = £524

or
a100 latop (£570) and vista premium (£0) = £570 - 25% = £427
or
a100 latop (£570) and office 2007(£0) = £570 - 25% = £427

and if you are a new customer can you still get 20% off?

I've got the email too. £427 though? ... I'm sure it can be had (or a comparable alternative) for cheaper elsewhere now at that price, even with the 25% off. Similar ones going in Currys and John Lewis etc for £499 and I'm sure we can all find discount codes for them too

silps

I got the e-mail and the way it is worded I wonder if they are throwing … I got the e-mail and the way it is worded I wonder if they are throwing in the software for free or do you have to order both?

oops beaten too it

cloudnine

and if you are a new customer can you still get 20% off?

No they won't give you both as I asked, "so that's 5%?" then I said. "As I can get the 20% anyway"

davelfc

No they won't give you both as I asked, "so that's 5%?" then I said. "As … No they won't give you both as I asked, "so that's 5%?" then I said. "As I can get the 20% anyway"

When you asked were they giving the software for free or do you have to order both?

tuckeral

I've got the email too. £486 though? ... I'm sure it can be had for … I've got the email too. £486 though? ... I'm sure it can be had for cheaper elsewhere now at that price, even with the 25% off. Similar ones going in Currys and John Lewis etc for £499 and I'm sure we can all find discount codes for them too

OK I had the same email from Littlewoods this morning.

Done a quick Froogle on the Toshiba A100 Centrino® Duo Mobile Technology is £646 at Misco, so Littlewoods offer is not so bad.

I am guessing that Littlewoods are offering these at cost or little over cost to them as a "goodwill" gesture. I.e their mistake does not actually cost them in real terms

However i do not need a new laptop at this price so I will eventually reject their offer, but i will watch here over the weekend to see what other views are.

I will then email them rejecting their offer, pointing out that they have not cancelled my order and they did not email me to decline their original offer as per their T&Cs. I will insist they delete my account and all my details with immediate effect and do not attempt to contact me again. Maybe I wil get some vouchers or a credit note - just maybe.

Lets see !!!!

EliTom

silps

When you asked were they giving the software for free or do you have to … When you asked were they giving the software for free or do you have to order both?

The woman on the phone didn't have a clue and could not give me a price.

davelfc

No they won't give you both as I asked, "so that's 5%?" then I said. "As … No they won't give you both as I asked, "so that's 5%?" then I said. "As I can get the 20% anyway"

what reason did they have for not giving the 20% off. THey obviously usually take that hit on first orders why not now. Does the 20% first order usually not a apply to sale items or something?

I reckon lots would buy one if they could get both discounts and one of the software items for free.
So I guess that's why it'll be 25% the combined price and no 20% off then :-)

:thumbsup: ANYONE THAT WANTS TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE 25% USE CODE XX302 BUY NOW PAY FEBUARY 2008 OFFERS OVER £150 WILL BREAK THE PAYMENTS DOWN HOPE THIS HELPS:)

30 Jan ordered the laptop for £224.10 and got an order confirmation.
31 Jan got a mail to say there was a price error and the order was declined. Contacted them to cancel order and remove card details from their data base.
2 Feb Found that £224.10 had been taken from my card on 31 Jan
2 Feb Made contact asking for the payment to be refunded.
2 Feb 1 hour after asking for refund received the following mail:

Need I say more

Eventually they've sent me the latest email (see above)

I've asked them when my order was "already declined" as I've had no correspondence from them since my order confirmation email.

I won't be buying at 25% off!

davelfc

And then this email appeared.Our website recently displayed a Toshiba … And then this email appeared.Our website recently displayed a Toshiba Laptop and associated software at an incorrect price. You placed an order for the laptop at the incorrect price, which we have already declined.However, we do value your custom and as a goodwill gesture, we would like to offer you the Toshiba A100 laptop and your choice of either Microsoft Office Home and Student software or Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition software with a 25% discount off the correct selling price which is now displayed on our website. .If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call 08450 757 171 and one of our customer service advisors will process your request.Kind RegardsThe Online Customer Care team

I got the same email,

I also got this one as I had cancelled the order anyway.

"Dear Mr Atkin,

Further to your recent order request for a Toshiba A100 Laptop (catalogue number PR393), please be advised that there was a price error on our website and the price shown was incorrect. We are therefore declining your order request in accordance with clauses 2.2 and 3.2 of our terms and conditions, which can be viewed on the website help pages. The laptop price has now been amended if you wish to order at the correct price.

Kind Regards,

Littlewoods-Online Customer Care

On behalf of Jeanette Clennell - Online Customer Services Manager
[url]www.littlewoods-online.com[/url]

Our Customer Charter is our pledge to you the customer. It contains our promise for safe and honest shopping. Click into Help for full details."

over on mse
Just talked to somebody in LW....

You will get the laptop at original price with 25% off AND will get one of these software packages free.

- Office Home / Student
- Vista Home Premium

Also you will not be able to order online (so no quidco)
and you can not apply any other discount voucher on top.

I believe you will get the software as a separate package/item. You can sell the software on ebay if you dont need it.

(for Vista you can keep the one pre-installed and sell the extra one or use it on another pc)

makes the deal better and this is not the same as the one at i j lewis better graphics and screen . ( but less memory )

I have just spoken to a bloke at LXDirect and he said that I couldn't order over the phone at the moment as their system is down. He said to order both products online, and 25% would be taken off the total as long as I ring them when they are delivered.
He also said that the Vista Premium Edition had to be purchased seperately and was NOT free with the laptop.

Note it now also lists the laptop as 'in stock' so the 3 week wait has mysteriously disappeared !

I have asked them to improve on their offer, so who knows, it is now a waiting game.

I spoke to Trading Standards at Gloucestershire County Council and they advised that beacuse I had confirmation email that they were legally obliged top honour my request and even their own clauses of 2.2 and 3.2 were not sufficient for them to cancel the exisiting orders.

I ahve received the email offering 25% dicsount and have written to the manager asking for an explenation regarding why they despatched some pc's and not others and have explained that Trading standards are saying they are legally obliged to offer the laptops at the price stated.

I am waiting for a reply but will let you all know.

Jerry
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Computer upgrades78
    2. Why Can't I Get BT Showcase on Freeview?22
    3. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G914
    4. Dog advice please. Think my Labrador is dying after catching the cold77

See more discussions