Live heart operation on CH4

I am watching a live heart operation on Channel 4 HD..

Is it me, or does the main guy have the shakes???

42 Comments

Original Poster

It may be just nerves, or something, or maybe my TV....

Break is nearly over, take a look..

Looks great in HD, if you have it.

Banned

just tuned in.... not sure i wanted to though

My mother in law recently had a valve on her heart replaced so it's pretty interesting.

yuck!!!!!!!

must be the pressure of the tv cameras :whistling:

Original Poster

i actually think this is so wrong. He can't be 100% focused on the operation knowing he is LIVE on tv, with camera, and people phoning in asking questions during a valve repair, which is not going to plan.

its one of them things where you dont want to look but curiosity gets the better of you

**** me

donnaraine;5317454

its one of them things where you dont want to look but curiosity gets the … its one of them things where you dont want to look but curiosity gets the better of you

i cant take my eyes off it

Original Poster

TomWilkoLFC;5317478

i cant take my eyes off it

Interesting I know... But the patient??? I am not sure LIVE tv is right for this....

It would be a bit like a live car crash, not right for TV, but I would have to watch??

phatboy123;5317472

**** me

That an offer

Chiptivo;5317497

Interesting I know... But the patient??? I am not sure LIVE tv is right … Interesting I know... But the patient??? I am not sure LIVE tv is right for this....It would be a bit like a live car crash, not right for TV, but I would have to watch??

it would be worse than car crash tv, it would be somebody dieing on live tv, with god knows how many people watching but im with you, i wouldnt be able to not watch

Chiptivo;5317497

Interesting I know... But the patient??? I am not sure LIVE tv is right … Interesting I know... But the patient??? I am not sure LIVE tv is right for this....It would be a bit like a live car crash, not right for TV, but I would have to watch??

The whole country seemed to enjoy watching the car crash that was NUFC this year

Paddy_o_furniture;5317527

The whole country seemed to enjoy watching the car crash that was NUFC … The whole country seemed to enjoy watching the car crash that was NUFC this year

that was car crash
not as bad as some one dieing but still

Original Poster

Do you think it is going wrong?????

Looks like it... He wants a break from the TV...

P.S. NCFC result yesterday was classic.

Chiptivo;5317534

Do you think it is going wrong?????Looks like it... He wants a break from … Do you think it is going wrong?????Looks like it... He wants a break from the TV... P.S. NCFC result yesterday was classic.

NCFC? Norwich City?

emasu;5317505

That an offer

lol u wish

-on topic
this is going to be an epic fail for ch4 if the guy dies live on tv.

Chiptivo;5317534

Do you think it is going wrong?????Looks like it... He wants a break from … Do you think it is going wrong?????Looks like it... He wants a break from the TV...

it looks like it

Original Poster

phatboy123;5317545

lol u wish :p-on topicthis is going to be an epic fail for ch4 if the guy … lol u wish :p-on topicthis is going to be an epic fail for ch4 if the guy dies live on tv.

Not looking good IMO..

Chiptivo;5317558

Not looking good IMO..

ooh, explanation.
the worst part was when they were showing you when they made the opening. using that contraption which pushed the rib cage apart :?

phatboy123;5317545

lol u wish

My immediate reaction to that was 'you've broken my heart'.

But then I thought um best not say that if anything goes wrong. :thinking:

This is very interesting tv, sounds like it is more complex than they thought.
If it started to go really wrong I would change channel, don't want to sit and watch a guy die.

emasu;5317572

My immediate reaction to that was 'you've broken my heart'.But then I … My immediate reaction to that was 'you've broken my heart'.But then I thought um best not say that if anything goes wrong. :thinking:

lol, not shaping up to be the best of comedy threads tbh.

Original Poster

phatboy123;5317577

This is very interesting tv, sounds like it is more complex than they … This is very interesting tv, sounds like it is more complex than they thought.If it started to go really wrong I would change channel, don't want to sit and watch a guy die.

How do you know it is a guy???

Original Poster

If it was your partner or child, could you watch live?????

Chiptivo;5317589

How do you know it is a guy???

It was an assumption,
plus I haven't seen any breasts....

Original Poster

I just want to add. I have a friend who works in the NHS who "borrowed" the exact model of tweezers being used by the surgeon, I use them to remove the hooks out of the mouths of fish I catch.

...I bet s/he died...they didnt show the heart beating at all :?

brain surgery tomorrow!
this could get a bit weird if they do it every night lol.

Original Poster

Tomorrow is a conscious brain operation... A must watch IMO.

phatboy123;5317616

brain surgery tomorrow!this could get a bit weird if they do it every … brain surgery tomorrow!this could get a bit weird if they do it every night lol.

brain surgery, me thinks that will be very interesting :thumbsup:

phatboy123;5317616

brain surgery tomorrow!this could get a bit weird if they do it every … brain surgery tomorrow!this could get a bit weird if they do it every night lol.

There will be loadsa freaks on the news next week doing DIY operations....I didnt see a 'dont try this at home' disclaimer lol

lil_tiger;5317612

...I bet s/he died...they didnt show the heart beating at all :?

I think they stop the heart, for up to 4 hours!

what time does it start?
i missed the first load. and i know the ending so i cant watch the begining

phatboy123;5317629

I think they stop the heart, for unto 4 hours!

so they said.
i dont think that thye died tbh. they said it wasnt an overly complicated surgery. but they found more complications

phatboy123;5317629

I think they stop the heart, for up to 4 hours!

yes i know but throughout they were saying that at the end they would do whatever and the heart will start beating...I was really looking forward to it...then they didnt show it :whistling:

Original Poster

TomWilkoLFC;5317631

what time does it start?i missed the first load. and i know the ending so … what time does it start?i missed the first load. and i know the ending so i cant watch the begining

1030ish tomorrow

TomWilkoLFC;5317634

so they said.i dont think that thye died tbh. they said it wasnt an … so they said.i dont think that thye died tbh. they said it wasnt an overly complicated surgery. but they found more complications

yea sure it will be ok, did get a bit intense though :shock:

phatboy123;5317641

yea sure it will be ok, did get a bit intense though :shock:

yeah especially as there was a woman in the audience who had the surgery who seemed fine
was a bit intense really, i thought he wasnt going to make it when they asked for a break :? :shock:

Banned

TomWilkoLFC;5317645

yeah especially as there was a woman in the audience who had the surgery … yeah especially as there was a woman in the audience who had the surgery who seemed fine :pwas a bit intense really, i thought he wasnt going to make it when they asked for a break :? :shock:

what was actually wrong with him/her anyway? i couldnt bare to watch

DangerGod;5317651

what was actually wrong with him/her anyway? i couldnt bare to watch

a valve was leaking in the heart i think, then when they went it. they found even more problems
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523409
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17366130
    3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661374
    4. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…1011

See more discussions