Liverpool Break - Ideas

Posted 19th Nov
Hi
I've booked a few days stay @ Liverpool.
Any suggestions for places to visit?
We are staying for 4 days to celebrate her indoors birthday 😁
Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
This is a good place to start visitliverpool.com/pla…res The Albert Dock is a good place with plenty of things really close. for example the Tate Modern, The maritime museum the Liver Buildings and the ferry is really close by. albertdock.com/wha…-on. Also the cavern club is still a pub, so well worth a go if you like anything Beatles they do have regular live music to this day. Would be able to be more specific if I knew what you are interested in? Architecture is amazing too.
thomasleep19/11/2019 23:58

This is a good place to start …This is a good place to start https://www.visitliverpool.com/plan-your-visit/visitor-centres The Albert Dock is a good place with plenty of things really close. for example the Tate Modern, The maritime museum the Liver Buildings and the ferry is really close by. https://albertdock.com/whats-on. Also the cavern club is still a pub, so well worth a go if you like anything Beatles they do have regular live music to this day. Would be able to be more specific if I knew what you are interested in? Architecture is amazing too.

Brilliant thanks - some good ideas
It's mainly for the Mrs so will definitely visit Albert Dock, Liver Buildings, Ferry plus the Beatles experience, also looking at shows and mainly Liverpool Tourist 'Must Do's'
Edited by: "antdav" 20th Nov
antdav20/11/2019 00:01

Brilliant thanks - some good ideas It's mainly for the Mrs so will …Brilliant thanks - some good ideas It's mainly for the Mrs so will definitely visit Albert Dock, Liver Buildings, Ferry plus the Beatles experience, also looking at shows and mainly Liverpool Tourist 'Must Do's'

The Philharmonic, the Empire, the Playhouse or the Everyman theater are all great [places for a show, ps go to the Philharmonic pub you will find out something about bee's you never knew !
thomasleep20/11/2019 00:09

The Philharmonic, the Empire, the Playhouse or the Everyman theater are …The Philharmonic, the Empire, the Playhouse or the Everyman theater are all great [places for a show, ps go to the Philharmonic pub you will find out something about bee's you never knew !

Thanks Thomas
When you're at Albert Dock, I highly recommend going to a bakery called Rough Hand Made for breakfast - amazing pastries! For some reason they don't seem to be on the above linked website. Go on your first morning, because they sell enough stuff that you'll likely want to go back and if you're like me, you'll regret not trying it until the last day!

Also very nearby is a great fudge shop (there may be two, I can't remember - if so, it's the one closest). Delicious fudge and if you go when they've just cooked it, you'll be greeted by the list amazing smell (sadly, they won't let you buy the unset gooey fudge - I really wanted some!).
Edited by: "TallYoda" 20th Nov
TallYoda20/11/2019 00:21

When you're at Albert Dock, I highly recommend going to a bakery called …When you're at Albert Dock, I highly recommend going to a bakery called Rough Hand Made for breakfast - amazing pastries! For some reason they don't seem to be on the above linked website. Go on your first morning, because they sell enough stuff that you'll likely want to go back and if you're like me, you'll regret not trying it until the last day! Also very nearby is a great fudge shop (there may be two, I can't remember - if so, it's the one closest). Delicious fudge and if you go when they've just cooked it, you'll be greeted by the list amazing smell (sadly, they won't let you buy the unset gooey fudge - I really wanted some!).

OH...... Food, they are definitely on the list 😁😁😁
antdav20/11/2019 00:24

OH...... Food, they are definitely on the list 😁😁😁

I'm not normally one to recommend a chain (prefer local restaurants, particularly when visiting new places) but if you happen to be there on a Friday and you like both steak pies and cheese...

I really recommend Bill's - they have a steak and rarebit pie special, but only on Friday evenings (and only at select branches apparently).

The pie far exceeded my expectations - as I cut the pie, the cheese dripped and oozed like it was auditioning for an M&S advert. And it tasted so good!
I like the Walker Gallery and then a Ferry cross the Mersey to the U-boat exhibition/museum.
Anfield!
Maritime museum is great, Tate modern was interesting but not my particular taste, cavern club gets busy but has great live music we went in the afternoon and managed to get a seat. Great place to walk around so enjoy.
Pandamansays20/11/2019 00:49

I like the Walker Gallery and then a Ferry cross the Mersey to the U-boat …I like the Walker Gallery and then a Ferry cross the Mersey to the U-boat exhibition/museum.

OP, if you visit the Walker Art Gallery, take a look at St. Georges Hall (and St Johns Gardens behind it) and of course the World/National Museum - all within a couple of mins. walk of each other. There are some magnificent buildings around.
And, if the weather's good (and the tide out) hop on the train to New Brighton to visit the 'seaside' - the beach facing the Liverpool side of Mersey is also nice
Enjoy your trip!
Edited by: "sjs31" 20th Nov
+1 for the World Museum. Great place to spend a couple of hours.
TallYoda20/11/2019 00:21

When you're at Albert Dock, I highly recommend going to a bakery called …When you're at Albert Dock, I highly recommend going to a bakery called Rough Hand Made for breakfast - amazing pastries! For some reason they don't seem to be on the above linked website. Go on your first morning, because they sell enough stuff that you'll likely want to go back and if you're like me, you'll regret not trying it until the last day! Also very nearby is a great fudge shop (there may be two, I can't remember - if so, it's the one closest). Delicious fudge and if you go when they've just cooked it, you'll be greeted by the list amazing smell (sadly, they won't let you buy the unset gooey fudge - I really wanted some!).

I found it!!!
39067265-kXwo1.jpg
We gave The Beatles Story a miss....
Sorry, I'm not paying £17 each. Sadly they have priced themselves out for most 'tourists'. Only die hard fans will pay such a crazy price.
Such a shame Liverpool,.... Onto other more affordable and value for money things...

39069334.jpg
Edited by: "antdav" 22nd Nov
Liverpool cathedral and its free!
Edited by: "RonnyBee" 22nd Nov
RonnyBee22/11/2019 12:43

Liverpool cathedral and its free!

Both Cathedrals are on our list...
antdav22/11/2019 12:44

Both Cathedrals are on our list...

If you have a national trust membership then Speke Hall is a good location
Also pick you hotel and read the reviews first, There are some superb hotels in or near the city centre and some really neglected tired hotels such as the Adelphi which should be fabulous but the owners can't be arsed spending money on it.
Edited by: "porsche911turbo" 22nd Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions