Liverpool College Open House For The Homeless at Christmas. Free Xmas dinner, Clothing, haircuts etc. Dec 18th.

Posted 5th Dec 2019
Thought id share this and would other people share whats happening in their home towns/ city for the homeless?
I printed lots out today and passed them round the city centre homeless, who a lot of never knew about it.
Its a great event for anyone sleeping rough or living in a hostel. They can have a free xmas dinner, shower, haircut and there will be advice, clothing, hats gloves etc.
Come on people its bitterly cold out there and these people need help, so do all you can for them this Xmas in your local area.
3356620-wfSJH.jpg
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

4 Comments
I am not sure about these one-offs. The fact that there aren't threads `on annual or continuous offerings like this in the rest of the 364 days gives an impression of corporate whitewash and tick-in-the-box corporate executives' social programme reports. Seems like a bit of a Scrooge show n tell or smoke n mirrors (makes unbelievable compassion seem realistic and real). Albeit, a bit of solace in knowing an amount of kindness is still better than nothing; a crumb is still better than nothing for the homeless in a town/city.
splender05/12/2019 18:10

I am not sure about these one-offs. The fact that there aren't threads `on …I am not sure about these one-offs. The fact that there aren't threads `on annual or continuous offerings like this in the rest of the 364 days gives an impression of corporate whitewash and tick-in-the-box corporate executives' social programme reports. Seems like a bit of a Scrooge show n tell or smoke n mirrors (makes unbelievable compassion seem realistic and real). Albeit, a bit of solace in knowing an amount of kindness is still better than nothing; a crumb is still better than nothing for the homeless in a town/city.

Liverpool has a policy of no one should sleep rough, We have the whitechapel centre, along with several hostels people can stay in which is open 365 days a year, So it is an all round yearly thing, this just obviously highlights the problem at Xmas but is better than doing nothing
whitechapelcentre.co.uk/
Edited by: "themachman" 5th Dec 2019
themachman05/12/2019 18:14

Liverpool has a policy of no one should sleep rough, We have the …Liverpool has a policy of no one should sleep rough, We have the whitechapel centre, along with several hostels people can stay in which is open 365 days a year, So it is an all round yearly thing, this just obviously highlights the problem at Xmas but is better than doing nothinghttps://www.whitechapelcentre.co.uk/

On the matter of "policy", very noticeable is policy in general and on corporate web sites, commercial, public and third sector, there is a universal substantial usage of "a policy" , like what you did just now as a messenger. There is a conspicuous absence, on these same web sites, public facing information, on actual, gaps (people do sleep rough) and what are actually realised as proofing the words in the policy.

I am not saying that I or anyone have easy fixes, I am just commenting of the lack of pairing of policy versus actual (all on the same web page), claim versus reality, promises versus implementation. How well are (they) are doing with hope?! Doing something is always better than nothing. Some reports on the reality, with maths, would give us a gauge on the how far we (they) are as achieved from nothing.

( I am about to embark on another project to highlight another social issue, so I wouldn't be putting man hours in this social issue of "policy" accompanied by "realised results to evaluate the policy". I just mention it here in case other kindhearted could do something, it is Christmas again, so some community matured persons may wish to make a New Year project!)

You may notice from now on, every time that you see a policy document, you will notice that there is no corresponded "realised actual of policy" document. (E.g. in a different area: say, Anti-slavery Policy, new and is on a lot of web sites now, when was there an actual document uploaded with the policy?!)

Separately for the rest of your points, of course, very commendable with Liverpool, there are hostels and other social services all year round and in other L.A.s too. Of course, these are big social issues, homelessness is gigantic in terms of millions of pounds operational costs and even billions of pounds in asset values and real estates.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions