Liverpool recommendations as may stay for couple days

Found 1st Aug 2017
I'm using Liverpool airport for going on holiday. Coming back was just going get back on train but seeing as it's a Friday, I thought it might be a good idea to stay a couple nights and get train back home Sunday.... Saves us missing a train should there be a flight delay... Plus why come home when you can holiday a little longer... It be me and my boyfriend plus some children ( mixed ages) so I'm looking for recommendations for activities to do with them in area. I know about various museums, Albert Dock, we could possibly take a boat trip.... But really looking what you would say be must do from folk who been regularly or are locals. I've only been for a day trip before literally jumped on a train when we stayed in Blackpool and had part of a day there and that was over 5 years ago. If wasn't for children going me and my boyfriend would mostly shop and drink etc
Community Updates
AskLiverpool
6 Comments
There is lots to do. Look on groupon liverpool. You will find open top bus tours. At the munute there is a small fair at the pier head. The maritime museum in the albert dock usually childrens activities also there is williamson tunnels which is a short taxi ride away which are good. The olive in castle street is good to eat an if you join their mailing list you can get 40% of your food bill. Or doubletree hilton sir thomas street do a great roast dinner to.
kenny07

There is lots to do. Look on groupon liverpool. You will find open top … There is lots to do. Look on groupon liverpool. You will find open top bus tours. At the munute there is a small fair at the pier head. The maritime museum in the albert dock usually childrens activities also there is williamson tunnels which is a short taxi ride away which are good. The olive in castle street is good to eat an if you join their mailing list you can get 40% of your food bill. Or doubletree hilton sir thomas street do a great roast dinner to.

That's great, good reminder there to use Groupon to look. Thanks.
Team sport go karting which isn't that far from the city centre
Do the boat trip and book day before for discount price, but not the u boat stop off if there are kids. If no kids do stop at u boat but miss the space port instead as that's really for kids. Takes 50mins to do the trip around so I would just grab a table on the boat deck and do a complete circuit while getting a few drinks at the bar. Don't get off until second circuit. You can listen to guide to and kids will like that. Should kill 4 hours total with stop off. Cavern is free with bands Monday to Thursday? 2 playing when we called in and I would like nothing better than spending the day on the lash in there but not really for kids. Can go have a look though as close to docks. I would stay at the docks unlike us that stayed at Aintree but that was less than £100 for 3 nights at Premier inn. We got train in as driving took to long plus parking is expensive. Docks is quiet I thought but everything you need to see and do is near there. That's where we should of stayed.
Edited by: "wayners" 1st Aug 2017
Ferret across the Mersey is so popular, they wrote a song about it
Had some time there before flight and some days after our holiday away, brilliant time, lovely city and people.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants