Groups

Liverpool to bid £10m for Arsenal striker Eduardo

Kop boss Rafa Benitez has made Arsenal's Croatian striker Eduardo his rather ambitious target, the News of the World claimed yesterday. With Fernando Torres an injury worry and little confidence in the Liverpool back-up attackers David Ngog and Andriy Voronin, Benitez is looking for a tried and tested frontman to bring in. Eduardo is reported to be unhappy at the amount of time that he has to spend on the bench at the Emirates, making just three starts this season, and could relish the opportunity of leading the line alongside the Spaniard Torres. The paper says that Liverpool could offer £10m for the 26-year-old...

74 Comments

Rubbish.

Would be one of the only decent signings Rafa has made, BUT WE WILL NOT LET EDUARDO GO AND NOR WOULD HE WANT TO GO.

no chance.

He wouldnt go and AW would want more than 10m for him I am sure

He wouldn't want to leave to go to Liverpool (which says a lot about the state Liverpool are in) and surely he's worth at least £20+ IMO.

after van persie got injured, i doubt they will sell him now.

Playing for Liverpool now is like working for an American Bank, i.e = bad move

Why would Eduardo want to downgrade?

kyalion;6904118

Would be one of the only decent signings Rafa has made, BUT WE WILL NOT … Would be one of the only decent signings Rafa has made, BUT WE WILL NOT LET EDUARDO GO AND NOR WOULD HE WANT TO GO.

funny how Rafa has done better than wenger over the past 5 years (in the league and in europe) with all these bad signings he has been making

Only about 1% of stuff wrote in the papers is true, Why people believe half of the tosh they print god knows.

I laugh at most of the garbage they print.

Skysports news and BBC are usually quite accurate, Better still are usually the official websites of the clubs.

Banned

How many divers will Liverpool end up with ?

hassony;6904233

funny how Rafa has done better than wenger over the past 5 years (in the … funny how Rafa has done better than wenger over the past 5 years (in the league and in europe) with all these bad signings he has been making

not gonna get involved in that particular debate.

all I know is that Fergie has done better than all the Premiership managers put together

greg_68;6904132

He wouldn't want to leave to go to Liverpool (which says a lot about the … He wouldn't want to leave to go to Liverpool (which says a lot about the state Liverpool are in) and surely he's worth at least £20+ IMO.

he told you that face to face?

I doubt that we can afford £10m anyway

greg_68;6904132

He wouldn't want to leave to go to Liverpool (which says a lot about the … He wouldn't want to leave to go to Liverpool (which says a lot about the state Liverpool are in) and surely he's worth at least £20+ IMO.

he told you that face to face? and £20m for a s triker who scores a ratio of about 1 in 4 games

I doubt that we can afford £10m anyway

hdizzle;6904253

not gonna get involved in that particular debate..all I know is that … not gonna get involved in that particular debate..all I know is that Fergie has done better than all the Premiership managers put together

and even he has bought a few duds in his time (Nani, andersson, Veron)

all managers make good buys and bad buys, to make wenger like some sort of a massiah who never gets anything wrong is laughable

Banned

aScottishBloke;6904251

Haha.... You beat me to it!

Gerrard
    NGog
    Eduardo

Liverpool win by penalty kicks! (Poor tactics)

hassony;6904278

and even he has bought a few duds in his time (Nani, andersson, Veron)all … and even he has bought a few duds in his time (Nani, andersson, Veron)all managers make good buys and bad buys, to make wenger like some sort of a massiah who never gets anything wrong is laughable

I think Anderson is quality.

But to add to that list: Kleberson, Djemba-Jumbo, Forlan.

hdizzle;6904300

I think Anderson is quality..

is he? he cost 3 times as much as Lucas, yet its lucas who is ahead of him in the brazilian squad

not doubting that Ferguson is a great manager (a **** of human being though)

hassony;6904278

and even he has bought a few duds in his time (Nani, andersson, Veron)all … and even he has bought a few duds in his time (Nani, andersson, Veron)all managers make good buys and bad buys, to make wenger like some sort of a massiah who never gets anything wrong is laughable

True but Anderson's class, He's had a couple of bad games ( Notably CL final ) He's been rather unlucky in regards to goal scoring but he plays with lots of energy.

Nani has been rather poor this season but his first season he was excellent, Last season he didn't have enough games to really prove himself, This season he's probably lacking in confidence, Needs to know when to make the right pass, Ronaldo was the same in his first couple of seasons. Nani will get better in time.

hassony;6904351

is he? he cost 3 times as much as Lucas, yet its lucas who is ahead of … is he? he cost 3 times as much as Lucas, yet its lucas who is ahead of him in the brazilian squadnot doubting that Ferguson is a great manager (a **** of human being though)

Yeah but the national level is irrelevant here. In the premiership (and champions league) anderson's always performing IMO, full of energy. However I'm not saying Lucas is crap, (although I'm not a big fan personally).

Also its worth noting that whoever Manchester United try and buy, they get overcharged, simply because they're Manchester United. If they tried buying Robbie Savage, they'd get charged 16million. So the fact that Anderson cost three times as much is not really important.

Nani will never be good enough to clean ronaldo's boots, he is so bad that I would rather ghave babel instead of him!!!

it doesn't matter though, as ferguson keeps winning these titles

hassony;6904351

is he? he cost 3 times as much as Lucas, yet its lucas who is ahead of … is he? he cost 3 times as much as Lucas, yet its lucas who is ahead of him in the brazilian squadnot doubting that Ferguson is a great manager (a **** of human being though)

Babel is better than than Lucas, Everyone knows that but Rafa, This season Rafa's losing the plot, Hence Liverpools results, Yes you beat United, Perhaps we saved Rafa's job? Tactical decision because while ever Rafa's in charge you'll win nothing.

hdizzle;6904300

I think Anderson is quality.But to add to that list: Kleberson, … I think Anderson is quality.But to add to that list: Kleberson, Djemba-Jumbo, Forlan.

Add to that list Taibi, Barthez & Timmy Tourettes, only £15million between them... :thumbsup:

hdizzle;6904406

Yeah but the national level is irrelevant here. In the premiership (and … Yeah but the national level is irrelevant here. In the premiership (and champions league) anderson's always performing IMO, full of energy. However I'm not saying Lucas is crap, (although I'm not a big fan personally)..

I am guessing Dunga is picking lucas ahead of Andersson and Danielson because of his form in the league

Lucas has been excellent this season, needs to improve his shooting but his tackling, passing and reading of the game has improved a lot over the past 12 months, some of our best performances have been with him in the team

shauneco;6904419

Babel is better than than Lucas, Everyone knows that but Rafa, This … Babel is better than than Lucas, Everyone knows that but Rafa, This season Rafa's losing the plot, Hence Liverpools results, Yes you beat United, Perhaps we saved Rafa's job? Tactical decision because while ever Rafa's in charge you'll win nothing.

Babel is a truely awful footballer, I guess you don't watch many liverpool games, because most liverpool fans have given up on babel, Lucas on the other hand has won over plenty of fans

Eduardo's value gets less by the day as he only has 18 months left on his contract. I can see him going to get more football but won't be to another Premiership club.

Banned

maybe they will have the cash when mascherano leaves in january:)

aScottishBloke;6904251

touché

casparwhite;6904466

that will go straight to pay off the debt

hassony;6904440

I am guessing Dunga is picking lucas ahead of Andersson and Danielson … I am guessing Dunga is picking lucas ahead of Andersson and Danielson because of his form in the leagueLucas has been excellent this season, needs to improve his shooting but his tackling, passing and reading of the game has improved a lot over the past 12 months, some of our best performances have been with him in the team

Lucas should of got several yellows in the Liverpool V United game, Don't think he received any, From the games I've seen him play, He's dirty and lacks ability in front of goal.

Lucas is probably chose above Anderson because of his experience and games played, Anderson's not a first team regular although does get some games.

Banned

hassony;6904503

then you can forget about the europa league never mind owt else:)

aScottishBloke;6904251

there is nothing wrong with diving, why shouldn't stupid defenders who go around tackling like idiots get away with it

and at least N'goals didn't role around for 15 minutes like Drogba

shauneco;6904514

Lucas should of got several yellows in the Liverpool V United game, Don't … Lucas should of got several yellows in the Liverpool V United game, Don't think he received any, From the games I've seen him play, He's dirty and lacks ability in front of goal.Lucas is probably chose above Anderson because of his experience and games played, Anderson's not a first team regular although does get some games.

ha, Lucas is not that much older than Anderson, and I bet he has played less games over the past 3 years, he has only started to play in the first team on regular basis over the past 12 months

He isn't dirty, I don't remember him ever making a dirty tackle that would have injured another player, he is getting more clever with fouling and winning free kicks

he does lack ability in front of goals, yet he has more goals for liverpool than anderson has for united (4 to 1 I think)

Think this story was in one of Sunday's red tops, so says it all about how true it is really

Syzable;6904464

Eduardo's value gets less by the day as he only has 18 months left on his … Eduardo's value gets less by the day as he only has 18 months left on his contract. I can see him going to get more football but won't be to another Premiership club.

+1

Although the only reason I could see him wanting to leave because of lack of action would be to make Croatia's WC squad..... but they haven't qualified. He's probably the most natural finisher we could sign since we had Fowler (the first time around) but why would he come here to be understudy to Torres?

If we bring anyone in in Jan, it'll be Huntelaar / Van Nistelrooy / Van Der Vaart (2 of the 3 ideally) on loan from Real. I can't see their being any money available.

casparwhite;6904466

hassony;6904503

Lucas will replace Masch as the holding player, so as hassony said, the money will be kept by the Americans.

The only way we'll end up with any money in Jan, is if something crazy happens in the league that puts us back in the title race, and we scrape through into the next round of the CL.

shauneco;6904514

Lucas should of got [COLOR="Red"]several yellows[/COLOR] in the Liverpool … Lucas should of got [COLOR="Red"]several yellows[/COLOR] in the Liverpool V United game, Don't think he received any, From the games I've seen him play, He's dirty and lacks ability in front of goal.Lucas is probably chose above Anderson because of his experience and games played, Anderson's not a first team regular although does get some games.

Think that can only happen if Graham Poll is refereeing :-D

Banned

hassony;6904527

there is nothing wrong with diving, why shouldn't stupid defenders who go … there is nothing wrong with diving, why shouldn't stupid defenders who go around tackling like idiots get away with itand at least N'goals didn't role around for 15 minutes like Drogba

Lol, you know how to terminate a conversation, it's football we're talking about, not water sports.
    ;-)

Is that really a Man U fan calling Lucas a dirty tackler? *cough* Scholes *cough*

hassony;6904233

funny how Rafa has done better than wenger over the past 5 years (in the … funny how Rafa has done better than wenger over the past 5 years (in the league and in europe) with all these bad signings he has been making

But has lost all respect from most people in most quaters. Wenger on the other hand is a master.

hassony;6904527

there is nothing wrong with diving, why shouldn't stupid defenders who go … there is nothing wrong with diving, why shouldn't stupid defenders who go around tackling like idiots get away with itand at least N'goals didn't role around for 15 minutes like Drogba

what a pathetic response, I suppose you have to do what you can when chasing a Europa league 1st qualifying round place.

Jamie Carragher throws himself around more than any other defender in the Prem and even though 99% of the time he gets the ball, how would you feel if a perfectly good tackle resulted in a penalty against you?

They will outlaw cheating soon with heavy bans for divers and it cant come too soon IMO

peodude;6904668

Is that really a Man U fan calling Lucas a dirty tackler? *cough* Scholes … Is that really a Man U fan calling Lucas a dirty tackler? *cough* Scholes *cough*

I hate that ****, the amount of times he got away with dirty tackles in his career is amazing, the comentators always laugh it of because "he has never learned how to tackle properly hehehe" !!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1929
      3. love affairs1547
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767273

See more discussions