Groups

lizard advice

My son would like a pet but is allergic to all things furry :-( so we're thinking of maybe a lizard
    can anyone suggest a lizard which makes a good pet for a 6 year old very sensible boy. ta x

** must be a slow moving lizard, I don't want it escaping!

12 Comments

i once looked after my schools salamander (sp) when i was in primary school. it was lovely, i would recommend looking into them

why not go with a tortoise
    there a little expensive to buy but cheap to keep
    lizards are fast and hard to hold in general
    but if you want a lizard the bearded lizard is a ideal starter one
    the dont mind being handled and are easy to keep

how about a komoda dragon, they only grow to about 3meters

Or Fish ?

Banned

get a snake over a tortoise.....

Original Poster

lfc_engravedonheart;8612333

http://exoticpets.about.com/od/lizardsaspets/a/lizardspets.htm

we've just been looking at that same page! I'll look into a salamander thanks x rep'd x

robertkay;8612361

why not go with a tortoisethere a little expensive to buy but cheap to … why not go with a tortoisethere a little expensive to buy but cheap to keeplizards are fast and hard to hold in generalbut if you want a lizard the bearded lizard is a ideal starter onethe dont mind being handled and are easy to keep

Thanks we've just been looking at a website that suggest bearded dragons to be an ideal beginners lizard and also blue tongue skinks and my son likes the look of the bearded dragon so we'll look further into that thanks. we thought about a tortoise but we think he'd rather have a pet in his room that he got to look after himself.... I'd rather get a tortoise they seem much nicer! repd thanks x

Original Poster

wickedteen;8612373

how about a komoda dragon, they only grow to about 3meters

yikes no ta! :w00t: lol

ChrisUK;8612375

Or Fish ?

I suggested a fish but he's not too keen

casparwhite;8612381

get a snake over a tortoise.....

defo not his mum is a wuss :oops:

kirsty1981;8612403

we've just been looking at that same page! I'll look into a salamander … we've just been looking at that same page! I'll look into a salamander thanks x rep'd xThanks we've just been looking at a website that suggest bearded dragons to be an ideal beginners lizard and also blue tongue skinks and my son likes the look of the bearded dragon so we'll look further into that thanks. we thought about a tortoise but we think he'd rather have a pet in his room that he got to look after himself.... I'd rather get a tortoise they seem much nicer! repd thanks x

the lizard if held regular will enjoy it and rise its chin so you can stroke it and your child will be to walk around the house with it on is body like a badge
    only down size if the live crickets

Original Poster

robertkay;8612494

the lizard if held regular will enjoy it and rise its chin so you can … the lizard if held regular will enjoy it and rise its chin so you can stroke it and your child will be to walk around the house with it on is body like a badgeonly down size if the live crickets

ar he'd love that and the live crickets wouldn't bother him... he catches worse things in the garden :roll: we'll sit down a bit later today and find out a bit more about them... thanks again I think that's what he wants to go for. x:)

the bearded lizard like attention and will let you stroke it you will be able to walk around with it sat on your chest or back or shoulder
    only down side is feeding live crickets
    but kids love them because they seem to recognise you

thats because they want to eat you
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917264
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2233
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764288
      4. ReCore: Definitive Edition releasing August 29th (probably)68

See more discussions