Groups

    LL Bean Kid's Insulated Water Bottles with TOXIC Levels of Lead Recalled Worldwide

    Mod & Ed
    A heads up really as I don't expect many people have one of these, but thought it worth sharing as they were available online for shipping to the UK.
    It seems that TOXIC levels of lead have been found in the base of these LL Bean 13.5 oz bottles which can be extremely harmful if ingested!
    The recalled water bottles were sold from July 23, 2015 to May 11, 2016 in L.L. Bean stores and online & have a sticker with the item number: 297684 on the base.

    Link to full story & pics in 1st post

    2 Comments

    Original Poster Mod & Ed

    Lead poisoning is a type of metal poisoning caused by increased levels of the heavy metal lead in the body. Like most toxic heavy metals, lead interferes with a variety of body processes and is toxic to many organs and tissues, including the heart, bones, intestines, kidneys, and reproductive and nervous systems. The brain is the organ most sensitive to lead exposure.

    Lead interferes with the development of the nervous system and is therefore particularly toxic to children, causing potentially permanent learning and behavior disorders including violence. Symptoms include abdominal pain, confusion, headache, anemia, irritability, and in severe cases seizures, coma, and death.




    Scary. Thanks for posting.
    Post a comment
    Avatar
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1954
      2. Virgin Media Price Hike retention Deals1318
      3. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value24
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 187 ***1128

      See more discussions