Lloyd's bank blocking jail broken and rooted phones

Found 24th Apr 2014
updated terms and conditions
30. we are adding clarification here that we may block devices which we think may have been modified (such as jail broken or rooted) from accessing mobile banking through our apps.
Community Updates
MisciPhonePhones
16 Comments
Good for them.

A wise security move.
and they are taking away the word plus from my account. i'm fuming. just going to rename it 'plus account' to stick it to the man
Sensible
Security. They are always hacking without jb
Pretty sure Barclays already do this. It's a good move for security although as I like playing about with my phone it would annoy me...
Barclays have always done it for the mobile banking app and pingit. I haven't jailbroken my phone for a few years now because of it.
good, reverse engineering devices and thinking banks will allow these devices access is just ridiculous.
Barclay's and a few others already do this, very sensible move.
People will buy 2 each now.
dontasciime

People will buy 2 each now.

Scammers may be forced to target the accounts at other banks now too.

[ hotukdeals.com/mis…042 ]
Xposed in android had modules to continue to use such apps whilst rooted.
Just us members being on here posting comments, we are targets.

We are all leaving a digital footprint in all that we do and say online about ourselves, all this can be used to gather enough information to use fraudulently.

We are being watched. oO
Da11as

Just us members being on here posting comments, we are targets.We are all … Just us members being on here posting comments, we are targets.We are all leaving a digital footprint in all that we do and say online about ourselves, all this can be used to gather enough information to use fraudulently. We are being watched. oO

What makes you think anything anybody leaves in comments here is the truth?
fanpages

What makes you think anything anybody leaves in comments here is the … What makes you think anything anybody leaves in comments here is the truth?

I live on the planet Mars, My age: 1001. My bank account number is 9999999999.

What ever do you mean ? X)
Da11as

=I live on the planet Mars, My age: 1001. My bank account number is … =I live on the planet Mars, My age: 1001. My bank account number is 9999999999.What ever do you mean ? X)

That's not what the cached data from HUKD.ie says.

Thanks for the update. I'll change my database now.
My iPhone is Jailbroken, should be fine, I use the web front to access my account if I need to, but it would be pretty useless as, to make a transfer, you need to go through them calling you and putting in a number that's on screen for a new payment, and the mobile is not setup as that number, just for security
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants