Lloyds TSB are to charge ANYONE for using any type overdraft by more than £10.

Banned 15 replies
Found 19th Aug 2010
Just got this letter today saying there will be a £5 monthly overdraft usage fee

1. Misc
  2. Lloyds
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Lloyds
15 Comments

then its not a overdraft or pre-approved credit limit

Halifax started doing the same a couple of months a go I'm thinking of moving to either natwest or santander when I can be bothered sorting my direct debits out.

Original Poster Banned

danmc

Halifax started doing the same a couple of months a go I'm thinking of … Halifax started doing the same a couple of months a go I'm thinking of moving to either natwest or santander when I can be bothered sorting my direct debits out.

Well Halifax are the same group as Lloyds TSB, was looking at Santander 5% APR and £100 got me and the wife's current accounts to move. It's 5% upto £2,500. Looks good.

Seems you are right, £5 per month for either planned or unplanned overdraft + debit interest.

Santander can be good for rates but if anything goes wrong you are in a bit of a hole as the customer service is a joke.

I guess the idea is that you should stay out of your overdraft then...

This starts in december

Mod & Ed

I know we got the same letter, oh has a premier account with them so pays £25 a month anyway, plus interest if he goes into his overdraft, he's been a LLoyds customer for 28 yrs, thinking of changing to Barclays, gets the same premier benefits with them for £10 less a month and no ridiculous extra £5 per month fee if you use an arranged overdraft facility.

If you have a premier A/C you will only pay the extra £5 if you go more than £500 o/d. The account has a £500 interest free o/d so anything within that isnt chargable. Other accounts with the interest free bit work the same but obviously cheaper a/c's have a smaller interest free part.

Isn't this better then the current Lloyds policy of an extortionate overdraft fee for ANY amount overdrawn? I thought this new policy was a good thing because at least you had a £10 buffer zone before you start paying fees?

Maybe I have read it wrong but I'm sure I ended up paying £40 for being less then £10 overdrawn a couple of months ago so would have been nice if this was in place back then.

Original Poster Banned

Satan_Claws

Maybe I have read it wrong but I'm sure I ended up paying £40 for being … Maybe I have read it wrong but I'm sure I ended up paying £40 for being less then £10 overdrawn a couple of months ago so would have been nice if this was in place back then.

yes but for those of us with £500 agreed overdraft limit (never used it) but still the thought of accidentally going into it and being charged £5 a DAY is ridiculous.

Say a massive bill comes in, when I was sorting out the mortgage £1,000+ went out of my account I noticed it on the day and it took me overdrawn I got it sorted straight away, if I hadn't noticed it for a few days that would have added up to some stupid money.
Edited by: "lumoruk" 19th Aug 2010

Banned

Banned?

dcx_badass

I can manage my money though so it doesn't bother me.

me too.

bykergrove

Banned?

loooooool keep up BG X)
Edited by: "bossyboots" 20th Aug 2010

Banned

danmc

Halifax started doing the same a couple of months a go I'm thinking of … Halifax started doing the same a couple of months a go I'm thinking of moving to either natwest or santander when I can be bothered sorting my direct debits out.

out of the frying pan and into the fire!

go to a decent bank / BS like Smile, first direct or Nationwide.

Banned

£500 interest only overdraft at smile
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz44
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56119
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314659
    4. word association Game74244933

See more discussions