Loads of "free" stuff, you just have to look to find it, what will you find?

Found 27th Jun 2017
so far I have found

box set of G Finn books
5 brand new DVD's still sealed
3 new Blu rays sealed
Band of brothers dvd set with book and CD
complete set of Thunderbirds dvds sealed
Beautiful glass sculpture cost £299
2 x 1ltr bottles of Southern comfort
Amazon fire tablet brand new unopened
an expensive looking watch, needs a battery
2 bottles of cologne from Penhalagens

made me happy will re-gift some and use others get looking

Top comments

After my husband died I found a letter from a financial company I did not recognise while I was sorting out his affairs. On the off chance I phoned them up to find out if there was an account he had forgotten about. A week or so later a cheque for £2300 dropped through the letterbox. Paid for a trip of a lifetime for me and my son to help us get over our loss

WinglessNut

If Band of Brothers is available. Yes please.

HavocLP

wow, nice post! Amazon Fire tablet sounds great, may I have this one? … wow, nice post! Amazon Fire tablet sounds great, may I have this one? what's behind word "free"...? is it or not free?

I once found £750 in a wardrobe in one of the spare bedrooms when we moved house some years ago, I had been stashing it there to arrange a surprise holiday and then somehow completely forgot about it, still it came as a bonus and paid for the removal company instead!

damnit miles!! just spent the past 3 hours tidying my spare room and found none of that crap
only a couple of sticky fruit gums and a hundred dust bunnies

any takers?!
35 Comments

Original Poster

All you have to do to get your "free " stuff is tidy out your spare room, it looks like I have put things in there out of the way, most were gifts that I did not get round to using, the room only gets used when my brothers kids stay, but decided it needs decorating, as have a grown up gust staying in July

Just could not believe how much stuff I have and just forgot about

5 finger discount?

Original Poster

buckham_uk

5 finger discount?

you having a bad night? need a chat?

Original Poster

will give you time to go look but what have you found?

Banned

wow, nice post! Amazon Fire tablet sounds great, may I have this one? what's behind word "free"...? is it or not free?

I think miles isn't giving stuff away, he's pointing out that he's found all this stuff in the spare room that he'd forgotten about! I found some things in a bag on the top of the wardrobe-perfume, set of Scrabble lights, nice necklace- I'd bought them for Christmas presents for my daughter but forgot about them so she's now got extra birthday gifts!

Without looking normally find unwanted bills, abuse, rudeness, housework, cooking, cleaning and rubbish. All Free, expectant and unending. If anyone wants to swap

WinglessNut

HavocLP

wow, nice post! Amazon Fire tablet sounds great, may I have this one? … wow, nice post! Amazon Fire tablet sounds great, may I have this one? what's behind word "free"...? is it or not free?

I once found £750 in a wardrobe in one of the spare bedrooms when we moved house some years ago, I had been stashing it there to arrange a surprise holiday and then somehow completely forgot about it, still it came as a bonus and paid for the removal company instead!

The best freebie I ever found was £120 in the back of a bag, can only assume I had it on a night out and go so drunk I thought I'd spent it oO I hadn't used the bag in months.

Southern comfort please! Haha. Nice thing you're doing pal

13norfolk

I think miles isn't giving stuff away, he's pointing out that he's found … I think miles isn't giving stuff away, he's pointing out that he's found all this stuff in the spare room that he'd forgotten about! I found some things in a bag on the top of the wardrobe-perfume, set of Scrabble lights, nice necklace- I'd bought them for Christmas presents for my daughter but forgot about them so she's now got extra birthday gifts!

I always find a Christmas present I've hidden and forgot about, my daughter calls it her 2nd Christmas X)

I feel a little put out that I don't have a spare room to search for such treasure, and quite frankly if I searched my son and daughters rooms i suspect I would just find more dishes to wash up Mind you I did find a keyring from Morocco stuck inside a pair of shoes I bought there last year , so all is not complete doom and gloom

miles1369 h, 43 m ago

All you have to do to get your "free " stuff is tidy out your spare room, …All you have to do to get your "free " stuff is tidy out your spare room, it looks like I have put things in there out of the way, most were gifts that I did not get round to using, the room only gets used when my brothers kids stay, but decided it needs decorating, as have a grown up gust staying in JulyJust could not believe how much stuff I have and just forgot about

lol. for me, it is because i have forgotten i got it as i throw things in the bin that i don't need rather than hoard things. i often throw away my husband's stuff and he goes ballistic when he can't find them. lol.

Everything i find makes me sad, tried tidying up the hall yesterday found another pair of my ex's shoes in a plastic bag, also more shopping bags from stuff he bought after he left, this is the third stash of bags\receipts from things he's bought since leaving that i have found now, its very strange that he essentially was dumping his rubbish here 3 months after he went, I'm glad i don't let him in the flat anymore.

After my husband died I found a letter from a financial company I did not recognise while I was sorting out his affairs. On the off chance I phoned them up to find out if there was an account he had forgotten about. A week or so later a cheque for £2300 dropped through the letterbox. Paid for a trip of a lifetime for me and my son to help us get over our loss

psychobitchfromhell23 m ago

After my husband died I found a letter from a financial company I did not …After my husband died I found a letter from a financial company I did not recognise while I was sorting out his affairs. On the off chance I phoned them up to find out if there was an account he had forgotten about. A week or so later a cheque for £2300 dropped through the letterbox. Paid for a trip of a lifetime for me and my son to help us get over our loss

i have a terrible memory, which is a nuisance, but sometimes it works in my favour as i find old paperwork or i get a letter indicating savings accounts that i had forgotten about and get a kick as i think, wow, some free money. lol.

i dread the day we move house as then any savings that i have forgotten about won't get to me by letter any more. i am sure there is money some where that i can't remember.

psychobitchfromhell

After my husband died I found a letter from a financial company I did not … After my husband died I found a letter from a financial company I did not recognise while I was sorting out his affairs. On the off chance I phoned them up to find out if there was an account he had forgotten about. A week or so later a cheque for £2300 dropped through the letterbox. Paid for a trip of a lifetime for me and my son to help us get over our loss

My grandfather died over 45 years ago, when my granny died they found a trust fund he'd set up for all his kids in stocks and shares about 60 years ago, it had\has over 180k in it, my aunt is now in charge of it, they decided to leave it for a rainy day as its been doing so well, it was started with 2k

damnit miles!! just spent the past 3 hours tidying my spare room and found none of that crap
only a couple of sticky fruit gums and a hundred dust bunnies

any takers?!

mutley1

i have a terrible memory, which is a nuisance, but sometimes it works in … i have a terrible memory, which is a nuisance, but sometimes it works in my favour as i find old paperwork or i get a letter indicating savings accounts that i had forgotten about and get a kick as i think, wow, some free money. lol.i dread the day we move house as then any savings that i have forgotten about won't get to me by letter any more. i am sure there is money some where that i can't remember.

That was exactly how I found out about it. It was a letter the company had written saying we are having mail returned from your address is this your new address. My husband had just put it on the bookcase and done nothing about it for a couple of years. I reckoned if someone had gone to the trouble of writing to him, there must be something somewhere.

Error440

My grandfather died over 45 years ago, when my granny died they found a … My grandfather died over 45 years ago, when my granny died they found a trust fund he'd set up for all his kids in stocks and shares about 60 years ago, it had\has over 180k in it, my aunt is now in charge of it, they decided to leave it for a rainy day as its been doing so well, it was started with 2k

Bring on the rain!

Original Poster

Comments about finding money reminds me of my cousin her was always skint I often paid bills for him did shopping. His mother was my mother's Sister over the years he has had £ks out of me one day I received a post card from the Australia he was on a 4 week holiday. That was last year hardly spoken to him since turns out his mother had a pension no one knew about he got £78k his mother had been dead 5 years

Original Poster

Error440

My grandfather died over 45 years ago, when my granny died they found a … My grandfather died over 45 years ago, when my granny died they found a trust fund he'd set up for all his kids in stocks and shares about 60 years ago, it had\has over 180k in it, my aunt is now in charge of it, they decided to leave it for a rainy day as its been doing so well, it was started with 2k

Spend it is know way to many ppl who have saved and now too ill to spend it

miles13633 m ago

Comments about finding money reminds me of my cousin her was always skint …Comments about finding money reminds me of my cousin her was always skint I often paid bills for him did shopping. His mother was my mother's Sister over the years he has had £ks out of me one day I received a post card from the Australia he was on a 4 week holiday. That was last year hardly spoken to him since turns out his mother had a pension no one knew about he got £78k his mother had been dead 5 years

i was looking in the drawer the other day and saw a purse so i opened it to see what was in it and to my surprise it was full of euro coins. i thought wow, that will come in handy as we are going to spain this december. lol.

i also saw a pair of brand new flip flops and lots of new clothes that i had not worn at the bottom of the wardrobe when i moved all my stuff to a new wardrobe, that i had forgotten about and that was also a pleasant surprise. no doubt i will forget about them again by this time next year. lol.

miles136

Spend it is know way to many ppl who have saved and now too ill to spend … Spend it is know way to many ppl who have saved and now too ill to spend it

Well my cousin has taken her bit and my mum and aunt have bought out her share of grandma's house so its all shared between the two of them now, my mother wants to update the house and turn the garage into an extra room and things but my aunts living there and won't let anything be done, not even replacing the single glazed windows with double glazing. Tbh my mum is just waiting my aunt is older so she's just leaving her be and as such might as well leave the money where it is, my aunt has no kids or anything so shes next of kin anyway

Not in the house but I found a stuffed animals head found in a skip, i asked the owner and he said I could take it, turned out it was stuffed by a renowned Victorian taxidermist, and it sold for 8k at auction.

DKLS

Not in the house but I found a stuffed animals head found in a skip, i … Not in the house but I found a stuffed animals head found in a skip, i asked the owner and he said I could take it, turned out it was stuffed by a renowned Victorian taxidermist, and it sold for 8k at auction.

Owner of the home or the skip, i thought once something goes in a skip it belongs to the skip owner

Kammykay

Southern comfort please! Haha. Nice thing you're doing pal

​Hes not actually giving anything away.....

Original Poster

all done now, some good books found so summer reading all sorted, peeps get looking

damnit miles!! just spent the past 3 hours tidying my spare room and … damnit miles!! just spent the past 3 hours tidying my spare room and found none of that crap only a couple of sticky fruit gums and a hundred dust bunnies any takers?!

What flavour fruit gums? And did you find Totoro?

I found a old £5 note inside the sofa, shame I can use it anymore.

Error440

Owner of the home or the skip, i thought once something goes in a skip it … Owner of the home or the skip, i thought once something goes in a skip it belongs to the skip owner

Owner of the house.

david_wavid

I found a old £5 note inside the sofa, shame I can use it anymore.

​you can take it and pay it in most banks as they will accept it.i know nationwide do.

Found 500 in a wallet in town, kept the money and threw the wallet in the bin. That's how I roll.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions