Found 6th Feb 2009
Hi

A friend of mine work up this morning to a phone call about a loan application she had made today but she hadn't made a application. Then she logged on to her computer and found a load more loan applications in her in box. What should she do?

thanks

9 Comments

ignore em, someone obviously just making enquiries on her behalf (prank?) quoting her email and phone num

Do some research on the company, check the e-mail address, do a search for it online. The internet would b her friend here. If she suspects that someone has stolen her identity then file a report at your local police station. It could be a massive scam trying to get her bank details from her. Tread careful and good luck

:w00t: I wouldn't ignore them ,but i would find out how these applications got in her inbox and make sure they are removed just in case someone is using her details fo fraud nowadays u cannot trust nothing. xx

Depends what information is in the loan applications (I assume she's read them). If it's basic stuff like name, address etc. then I wouldn't worry too much, if any bank details etc. are there then I'd start by calling the loan company and asking questions.

Your friend has been very liberal with who knows their personal details.!

try citizens advice if she is worried..............

Banned

use Experian or Equifax to see if anything appears on her credit file

timpana;4303153

:w00t: I wouldn't ignore them ,[SIZE="3"]but i would find out how these … :w00t: I wouldn't ignore them ,[SIZE="3"]but i would find out how these applications got in her inbox[/SIZE] and make sure they are removed just in case someone is using her details fo fraud nowadays u cannot trust nothing. xx

post up your email and i will show you how 20 loan apps get into your inbox.

Original Poster

I told her to speak to citizens advice and the police although I wouldn't expect the police to be very interested but at least it would be recorded.
Thanks all.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4176
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions