Groups

Loans.co.uk fraud alert

Seems like someone at Loans.co.uk has been selling on customer details

thisishertfordshire.co.uk/dis…php

6 Comments

Loans.co.uk have offered customers 12 months free access to credit expert advice.

Well gee whizz, ain't they generous :?

Quote............. "I have received hundreds of calls from international numbers who know all about me and some pretended to be talking to me about my credit card by saying they were connected to HFBC."

I would be more inclined to contact a solicitor:thinking:

I got one of these letters from loans.co.uk saying the police have been contacted but they haven't given me a crime reference or anything - am I entitled to know what it is as my details have been sold on without my permission? Although in saying that I don't recall ever applying for credit from them so how do they have my details anyway?

Rose, did you have a credit check with them

Heard about this on the radio, happening to people who didnt end up taking a loan out too

Original Poster

fox2020

I would be more inclined to contact a solicitor:thinking:

Too right! Surely there can be something upheld under the Data Protection Act on this one?

Contact the Financial Ombudsman. If they are found to be in breach of Data Protection law then they will receive a large fine and the MD will also face upto a possible 10 years in jail. :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118
      3. Sad news about Barcelona26113
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188

See more discussions