Local "deals", heat & no proof

Posted 24th OctEdited by:"Alex33.5"
For awhile now I've seen a lot of these local "deals" and the amount of heat they get (often getting onto the front page of the site). I mean seriously how the hell are all these "deals" getting so much heat without any proof whatsoever (a simple picture will do) and it seems to coming from users who don't often or never posted a deal before.

Why aren't the mods requesting proof?
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
There is some discussion on these type of "Deals" on page #28 of the dedicated thread on the new publication rules:

[ hotukdeals.com/dis…=28 ]

However, the conversation does not flow as well as it could as some of my comments were removed as being "off-topic" (in the opinion of the Moderator in service that evening).
fanpages24/10/2019 20:08

There is some discussion on these type of "Deals" on page #28 of the …There is some discussion on these type of "Deals" on page #28 of the dedicated thread on the new publication rules:[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/new-rules-publication-rules-going-live-22nd-july-let-us-have-your-feedback-3260805?page=28#thread-comments ]However, the conversation does not flow as well as it could as some of my comments were removed as being "off-topic" (in the opinion of the Moderator in service that evening).

Thanks for letting me know
Why do you need proof, many are genuine many are just Tesco store specific clearance,,
packard24/10/2019 20:17

Why do you need proof, many are genuine many are just Tesco store specific …Why do you need proof, many are genuine many are just Tesco store specific clearance,,

That may be but what is stopping the user from taking a quick snap to prove the deal is real.
As to needing proof, again, to prove that the deal they're posting is real & true. What's to stop anyone from posting a made-up deal, this is why some kind of proof is needed.

It's doesn't take long to take a pic.
Alex33.524/10/2019 20:31

That may be but what is stopping the user from taking a quick snap to …That may be but what is stopping the user from taking a quick snap to prove the deal is real.As to needing proof, again, to prove that the deal they're posting is real & true. What's to stop anyone from posting a made-up deal, this is why some kind of proof is needed.It's doesn't take long to take a pic.

You mean like this one?

[ hotukdeals.com/dea…065 ]

[ dailymail.co.uk/new…tml ]
It doesn't really matter.
Is there a thread in particular @Alex33.5 you've seen? Over the past few months we've tightened up our processes around local deals by introducing:

- local regions so we can assign deals to areas of the UK rather than just being 'offline'
- moving certain retailers (B&M and Wilko in particular) offline deals to Discussions if listed on their website as members tell us availability is usually incredibly low
- asking members to provide further information when sharing a deal

So if there is something on site which you think we need to look at just report it and one of the team can get in touch with the OP to find more information out and update the thread.
Why do you care?
redcantona24/10/2019 23:02

Why do you care?

Why are you here? It's a deals site, deals have to be genuine otherwise what kind of circus is this?
magicjay198624/10/2019 21:50

Is there a thread in particular @Alex33.5 you've seen? Over the past few …Is there a thread in particular @Alex33.5 you've seen? Over the past few months we've tightened up our processes around local deals by introducing: - local regions so we can assign deals to areas of the UK rather than just being 'offline'- moving certain retailers (B&M and Wilko in particular) offline deals to Discussions if listed on their website as members tell us availability is usually incredibly low- asking members to provide further information when sharing a dealSo if there is something on site which you think we need to look at just report it and one of the team can get in touch with the OP to find more information out and update the thread.

fanpages24/10/2019 21:05

You mean like this one?[ …You mean like this one?[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sainsburys-sale-on-dysons-and-gtech-cordless-vacuums-eg-dyson-v6-trigger-50-early-leak-3309065 ][ https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7579413/Sainsburys-shoppers-fury-dozens-queued-4am-50-Dyson-deal.html ]

More like deals like this: hotukdeals.com/dea…137
I see a lot of these of type of local deals but, there never any proof that they exist or other users backing up the claim.
i take local deals off for that reason
Edited by: "kevlfc" 25th Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants