Groups

location based deals

is there any service out there that you can load on your phone (which has gps) and it shows you offline deals in the area i.e. your near a resturant thats offering two-for-one? Just interested ...

2 Comments

Interesting thought - and maybe there will be one, BUT have to say, I haven't heard or come across it.... Touch Local and what not? Google? I would imagine tht the local press would have details. Erm, thinking about it - the restaurant (or gym or whatever it may be) would have to be guaranteed some kind of hit rate or respose, so its a tricky one really? Last Minute.com sometimes have that sort of thing on - but I think I know what you mean..... Almost localised....
    Hmmmm... ?
    I wonder if anybody else knows? In the large places like London, and Manchester and so on, it isn't too difficult - but onc you get to the outer space areas ...... ???
    Maybe there is a business opportunity for you!?
    xxxx

Original Poster

cloudthecat;3186320

Interesting thought - and maybe there will be one, BUT have to say, I … Interesting thought - and maybe there will be one, BUT have to say, I haven't heard or come across it.... Touch Local and what not? Google? I would imagine tht the local press would have details. Erm, thinking about it - the restaurant (or gym or whatever it may be) would have to be guaranteed some kind of hit rate or respose, so its a tricky one really? Last Minute.com sometimes have that sort of thing on - but I think I know what you mean..... Almost localised....Hmmmm... ?I wonder if anybody else knows? In the large places like London, and Manchester and so on, it isn't too difficult - but onc you get to the outer space areas ...... ???Maybe there is a business opportunity for you!?xxxx

was a slightly loaded question as I am working with someone who has built the location finding + mapping technology, if someone from the powers that be at HUKD wants to get involved pls msg me.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sun savers11
      2. SCS add ons... are they worth it??36
      3. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early33
      4. Salecharms.com is this a genuine pandora retailer?23

See more discussions