Lock and Unjailbreak iPhone 3.0 to take to Apple for warranty purpose

Is it possible to do the above so the phone's warranty isn't voided?

Thanks

14 Comments

Original Poster

the porter;6140059

restore in itunes job done

You sure!?

the porter;6140077

absolutely positive

+1 :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Wow, and they can't tell at all, I thought they could

Original Poster

So if they cant detect the jailbreak, will the phone become locked to O2 again as well when I restore it?

Ommid;6140107

So if they cant detect the jailbreak, will the phone become locked to O2 … So if they cant detect the jailbreak, will the phone become locked to O2 again as well when I restore it?

it will, make sure you've got an acitvated O2 iphone sim in it just to be on the safe side :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Tillboy;6140115

it will, make sure you've got an acitvated O2 iphone sim in it just to be … it will, make sure you've got an acitvated O2 iphone sim in it just to be on the safe side :thumbsup:

Legend, repped, thanks

They can tell if they dug deep enough, but tbh unless you send it back with cydia on I don't think they care.

as above the restore wipes all traces of JB...nothing to worry about....dont even need the sim,just tell them you restored it before you brought it in

Original Poster

So when you go there and your phone is to be replaced, if you take just the phone, do they give you all the accessories etc and boxed new one?

Ommid;6140404

So when you go there and your phone is to be replaced, if you take just … So when you go there and your phone is to be replaced, if you take just the phone, do they give you all the accessories etc and boxed new one?

They'll give you a replacement phone only, you'll need to keep all your accessories, they come in a plain box. Your warranty will be carried over to the replacment phone, you won't get given a full 12 months

Original Poster

Tillboy;6140425

They'll give you a replacement phone only, you'll need to keep all your … They'll give you a replacement phone only, you'll need to keep all your accessories, they come in a plain box. Your warranty will be carried over to the replacment phone, you won't get given a full 12 months

But I can just by the apple protection if it is still in warranty

Ommid;6140438

But I can just by the apple protection if it is still in warranty

indeed you can, about £28 on ebay :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Tillboy;6140445

indeed you can, about £28 on ebay :thumbsup:

You're good!

What is in the box?

Ommid;6140508

You're good!What is in the box?

For £28 u get a code emailed, no box.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
    2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
    3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
    4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions