Lock down at 8:30??

Posted 23rd Mar
Anyone think lockdown is coming when Boris does his announcement at 8:30pm tonight?
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

51 Comments
I heavily suspect it, there was not meant to be any speech today but after the COBRA meeting this was announced.
24-26th, I like best.
Edited by: "splender" 23rd Mar
I think he’ll say key workers only go out and possibly some type of patrol for you to prove who and where you go. It’s hard to say though
ssc123/03/2020 20:15

Comment deleted

As is the case with so much in life.
Judging by the amount of emails I’m getting from concerned CEOs telling me how much they care about me and my family so they have to close, I reckon it will be all shops closed apart from food and chemists, but still allowed out for walks, and driving only if going to shops.
Lockdown confirmed, only permitted circumstances to leave are:

Shopping
Exercise
Medical needs
Key worker travelling
jamie1523/03/2020 20:33

Lockdown confirmed, only permitted circumstances to leave …Lockdown confirmed, only permitted circumstances to leave are:ShoppingExerciseMedical needsKey worker travelling

Thanks for that, I wasn’t brave enough to actually watch it.

Lockdown confirmed, only permitted circumstances to leave …Lockdown confirmed, only permitted circumstances to leave are:ShoppingExerciseMedical needsKey worker travelling

1 exercise a day, how will they police that? still seems a bit wide open to me
maccy1i23/03/2020 20:37

1 exercise a day, how will they police that? still seems a bit wide open …1 exercise a day, how will they police that? still seems a bit wide open to me

You can have mine maccles

1 exercise a day, how will they police that? still seems a bit wide open …1 exercise a day, how will they police that? still seems a bit wide open to me

I reckon there will be an online system similar to other countries, have to gain permission online before leaving the house. I don't think police will worry if you are by yourself in the park but if you are trying to go to the beach there will be punishments.

Lock-down as half a lock down compared to Germany. E.g. 2 others plus own family (Germany is 1 other plus own family); you can still go about though restricted but as strict as Germany+Italy : you need paperwork to go beyond a certain distance with patrols and road blocks.

That's not a lock down, that's an Easter Egg, voluntary, LoL!
splender23/03/2020 20:44

Lock-down as half a lock down compared to Germany. E.g. 2 others plus own …Lock-down as half a lock down compared to Germany. E.g. 2 others plus own family (Germany is 1 other plus own family); you can still go about though restricted but as strict as Germany+Italy : you need paperwork to go beyond a certain distance with patrols and road blocks.

I think the govt is hoping that people will finally understand the severity of this and listen. When that doesn't work out I expect additional measures to be taken.
deleted8085823/03/2020 20:40

You can have mine maccles

I have to tell the missus this equates to max. of one DIY job around the house for me per day.
splender23/03/2020 20:46

That's not a lock down, that's an Easter Egg, voluntary, LoL!

Duckdown?
So many questions to answer.
Will online stores like Amazon have to close?
I wonder if people that need to travel to and from work will need a letter? does that mean they'll be stopping cars and checking? if not, how will they know?
Hope the army comes out soon and are allowed to shoot the morons determined to kill everyone else.
I hope the postman who was supposed to be delivering my Doom Eternal on Wednesday is classed as a key worker
deleted8085823/03/2020 20:56

I hope the postman who was supposed to be delivering my Doom Eternal on …I hope the postman who was supposed to be delivering my Doom Eternal on Wednesday is classed as a key worker

pipe down
deleted8085823/03/2020 20:56

I hope the postman who was supposed to be delivering my Doom Eternal on …I hope the postman who was supposed to be delivering my Doom Eternal on Wednesday is classed as a key worker

I shouldn't laugh
abigsmurf23/03/2020 20:54

Will online stores like Amazon have to close?

I was thinking that, same with delivery companies. I've got 3 online orders which have been dispatched but not delivered yet, maybe the delivery companies hold on to them until the lockdown ends???
So confused, I use the tram to get to and from work every day, do I need to stop this? I feel we have too but then says we can go out to travel to work, does this mean only for drivers who have a car so public transport is banned?
spoo23/03/2020 20:58

I was thinking that, same with delivery companies. I've got 3 online …I was thinking that, same with delivery companies. I've got 3 online orders which have been dispatched but not delivered yet, maybe the delivery companies hold on to them until the lockdown ends???

Post is an essential public service so Royal Mail will likely keep going (although it's possible they may do restricted services, alternating days for deliveries)
spoo23/03/2020 20:58

I was thinking that, same with delivery companies. I've got 3 online …I was thinking that, same with delivery companies. I've got 3 online orders which have been dispatched but not delivered yet, maybe the delivery companies hold on to them until the lockdown ends???

I reckon there will be a giant FAQ published to answer all these questions.
steev0823/03/2020 21:01

So confused, I use the tram to get to and from work every day, do I need …So confused, I use the tram to get to and from work every day, do I need to stop this? I feel we have too but then says we can go out to travel to work, does this mean only for drivers who have a car so public transport is banned?

(members of the public must not leave their house except to) ....you can travel to and from work if impossible to work from home
maccy1i23/03/2020 20:54

I wonder if people that need to travel to and from work will need a …I wonder if people that need to travel to and from work will need a letter? does that mean they'll be stopping cars and checking? if not, how will they know?

Good question, image, in the lock down, there is the "down" but no "lock" as yet, therefore, rather like a half-way between "avoid" and "mandate with teeth". I think some details may follow soon about practical implementation.
steev0823/03/2020 21:01

So confused, I use the tram to get to and from work every day, do I need …So confused, I use the tram to get to and from work every day, do I need to stop this? I feel we have too but then says we can go out to travel to work, does this mean only for drivers who have a car so public transport is banned?

I think transport will be limited, that's the thing, they limit transport and then the transport they've still left on is packed out, they're not thinking it through properly, it'd be better the other way around...a bus/tram/tube each
splender23/03/2020 21:15

Good question, image, in the lock down, there is the "down" but no "lock" …Good question, image, in the lock down, there is the "down" but no "lock" as yet, therefore, rather like a half-way between "avoid" and "mandate with teeth". I think some details may follow soon about practical implementation.

I sort of got that splender, we have communicated
Work to carry on as it is now. If you can't work from home you can go to work.
maccy1i23/03/2020 21:19

it'd be better the other way around...a bus/tram/tube each

So no work for moi?
deleted8085823/03/2020 21:26

So no work for moi?

I wanted you to have a rest deekles...on full pay of course
deleted8085823/03/2020 21:24

Work to carry on as it is now. If you can't work from home you can go to …Work to carry on as it is now. If you can't work from home you can go to work.

I wouldn't class my work as "essential" the public transport I use is always full and the place I work has hundreds of people working there, but then he says no more than 2 people in public?
steev0823/03/2020 21:33

I wouldn't class my work as "essential" the public transport I use is …I wouldn't class my work as "essential" the public transport I use is always full and the place I work has hundreds of people working there, but then he says no more than 2 people in public?

You might find it's a lot quieter tomorrow.

He never specified key workers, he said those who can work at home should, tradesmen etc can’t work from home so are allowed out to work.
airfix23/03/2020 21:53

He never specified key workers, he said those who can work at home should, …He never specified key workers, he said those who can work at home should, tradesmen etc can’t work from home so are allowed out to work.

gov.uk/cor…rus

Essential work only. The way I understand it is that key workers are the only ones doing essential work.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants