Lock down projects have you been doing anything

Expert (Beta)46
Posted 20th Apr
So I saw this Dad has created an amazing climbing wall for his kids.

3446120.jpg
3446120.jpghttps://www.google.co.uk/amp…tml

Has anyone got any projects on the go or
completed they want to share
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
I painted this for my lads room.

40480183-y9XYi.jpg
It was a paint by number set as I’m not very talented
I changed 2 lightbulbs
Gollywood20/04/2020 21:01

I changed 2 lightbulbs

I have to retract this statement. Apparently I changed these light bulbs 3 days BEFORE lockdown
Made a table for my pc that interacts with led strips.
(Old photo, its finished now)

40483571-ySeyf.jpg40483571-Mp3lD.jpg
Plus I've had a try at modding my old PC case as it was boring and not daft enough
40483571-FwIwM.jpg40483571-10WXX.jpg40483571-5YLrt.jpg40483571-eSDed.jpg
46 Comments
Wow!
I painted this for my lads room.

40480183-y9XYi.jpg
It was a paint by number set as I’m not very talented
Dad created an amazing climbing wall for his kids because he couldn't be a rsed to decorate.
richp20/04/2020 19:43

Dad created an amazing climbing wall for his kids because he couldn't be a …Dad created an amazing climbing wall for his kids because he couldn't be a rsed to decorate.

That’s got to have been way more work than just decorating surely.
climbing wall over staircase?

do you have the link?

what I’m imagining is way too dangerous, and not smart at all
Mendoza20/04/2020 20:10

climbing wall over staircase?do you have the link?what I’m imagining is w …climbing wall over staircase?do you have the link?what I’m imagining is way too dangerous, and not smart at all

Yeah the link is in the description under the photo
Been in the garden all day for 2 weeks, doing a job i was quoted over 6k to complete.
Im rescapeng the garden, fitting new fencing, building retaining wall, getting rid of old turf and lowering 100 square meters by a foot, extending patio from 8 foot to 12 foot, then relaying new turf.
Hasn't gone smoothly at all, ive found out my garden is full of rubble including huge boulders around 2 foot diameter ive filled 4 large 8 yard skips so far, but im almost ready to level it all off and lay turf and ive spent just over 2k so its all worth it that climbing wall looks cool
H
myusernamehasgone23420/04/2020 19:49

That’s got to have been way more work than just decorating surely.

Hey I'd do anything to get out of decorating
I changed 2 lightbulbs
richp20/04/2020 20:58

H Hey I'd do anything to get out of decorating

I changed 2 lightbulbs

I need to change one but don’t have a bulb
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 20th Apr
Mark_Hickman20/04/2020 20:19

Been in the garden all day for 2 weeks, doing a job i was quoted over 6k …Been in the garden all day for 2 weeks, doing a job i was quoted over 6k to complete.Im rescapeng the garden, fitting new fencing, building retaining wall, getting rid of old turf and lowering 100 square meters by a foot, extending patio from 8 foot to 12 foot, then relaying new turf.Hasn't gone smoothly at all, ive found out my garden is full of rubble including huge boulders around 2 foot diameter ive filled 4 large 8 yard skips so far, but im almost ready to level it all off and lay turf and ive spent just over 2k so its all worth it that climbing wall looks cool

Wow £4000 is a large saving.

You should share some photos of the completed garden when your done
Built a custom dash for the car, a speaker and sub box for behind the rear seats, new headlining, led headlight conversion, next up is rebuilding the engine from a 1285cc to 1641cc when the gaskets get here then maybe after that a paint job. While waiting for the gaskets I will make a vintage style metal external sun visor using he metal salvaged from the side of an old fridge freezer as its the right gauge.
Edited by: "harlzter" 20th Apr
harlzter20/04/2020 21:10

Built a custom dash for the car, a speaker and sub box for behind the rear …Built a custom dash for the car, a speaker and sub box for behind the rear seats, new headlining, led headlight conversion, next up is rebuilding the engine from a 1285cc to 1641cc when the gaskets get here then maybe after that a paint job.

myusernamehasgone23420/04/2020 21:10

Wow £4000 is a large saving.You should share some photos of the completed …Wow £4000 is a large saving.You should share some photos of the completed garden when your done

Will do
harlzter20/04/2020 21:10

Built a custom dash for the car, a speaker and sub box for behind the rear …Built a custom dash for the car, a speaker and sub box for behind the rear seats, new headlining, led headlight conversion, next up is rebuilding the engine from a 1285cc to 1641cc when the gaskets get here then maybe after that a paint job. While waiting for the gaskets I will make a vintage style metal external sun visor using he metal salvaged from the side of an old fridge freezer as its the right gauge.

Nice air cooled project I’m guessing... type 1, 2 or 3 ...

Been in the garden all day for 2 weeks, doing a job i was quoted over 6k …Been in the garden all day for 2 weeks, doing a job i was quoted over 6k to complete.Im rescapeng the garden, fitting new fencing, building retaining wall, getting rid of old turf and lowering 100 square meters by a foot, extending patio from 8 foot to 12 foot, then relaying new turf.Hasn't gone smoothly at all, ive found out my garden is full of rubble including huge boulders around 2 foot diameter ive filled 4 large 8 yard skips so far, but im almost ready to level it all off and lay turf and ive spent just over 2k so its all worth it that climbing wall looks cool

If you ever fancy earning yourself a crate of beer let me know,I need loads of work doing in our garden.

I'll supply the materials obviously,the wife will ensure your mug is always full.
7ommy.7820/04/2020 21:20

Nice air cooled project I’m guessing... type 1, 2 or 3 ...

Type 1 1974 super beetle with a rollswagen front end.
Sc4mp020/04/2020 21:20

the wife will ensure your mug is always full.

That sounds like a euphemism
Edited by: "harlzter" 20th Apr
Finished watching
Brooklyn 99 .... Picard.... The Mandalorian .... Jack Ryan and now watching the latest season of The Blacklist.
Sc4mp020/04/2020 21:20

If you ever fancy earning yourself a crate of beer let me know,I need …If you ever fancy earning yourself a crate of beer let me know,I need loads of work doing in our garden.I'll supply the materials obviously,the wife will ensure your mug is always full.

sorry, my mrs has a huge list of other jobs, im fully booked
harlzter20/04/2020 21:22

Type 1 1974 super beetle with a rollswagen front end.

Cool, dual carb setup, 110 cam .... memories of my first car 25 years ago
7ommy.7820/04/2020 21:36

Cool, dual carb setup, 110 cam .... memories of my first car 25 years ago

Sticking with single carb set up 1) because have you seen the price of even used dual carb setups these days? and 2) Too much faffing getting them balanced. I'm sticking with standard cam for now too, dont need anything too powerful as its a daily driver. Performance with the stock engine is OK as it is but picked up the kit for the 1641 conversion lightly used (he has decided he is having a 2.3 race engine built for the drag strip) Barrels, pistons, rings and heads are mint, came with manifolds too which sell for £50-£60 and I only paid £90 for the lot.

I do have a zoom tube exhaust but debating whether or not to put it on as its fun but loud (sets car alarms off driving in Tesco car park).

Not bothered about keeping anything too original as its a super and not original so doesn't have the same value. Have Type R Civic seats in the front for comfort. Going sort of down the rat rod route with it (without the rust or faux rust).
harlzter20/04/2020 21:49

Sticking with single carb set up 1) because have you seen the price of …Sticking with single carb set up 1) because have you seen the price of even used dual carb setups these days? and 2) Too much faffing getting them balanced. I'm sticking with standard cam for now too, dont need anything too powerful as its a daily driver. Performance with the stock engine is OK as it is but picked up the kit for the 1641 conversion lightly used (he has decided he is having a 2.3 race engine built for the drag strip) Barrels, pistons, rings and heads are mint, came with manifolds too which sell for £50-£60 and I only paid £90 for the lot.I do have a zoom tube exhaust but debating whether or not to put it on as its fun but loud (sets car alarms off driving in Tesco car park).Not bothered about keeping anything too original as its a super and not original so doesn't have the same value. Have Type R Civic seats in the front for comfort. Going sort of down the rat rod route with it (without the rust or faux rust).

Nice, from my memory 1641 barrels were the biggest bolt on barrels to a 1300 but need 1600 heads ... 1776 was next size up. Think I had twin Solex Kadrons back in the day couldn’t afford twin Webers 48IDA’s iirc were the dream
myusernamehasgone23420/04/2020 19:42

I painted this for my lads room.[Image] It was a paint by number set as …I painted this for my lads room.[Image] It was a paint by number set as I’m not very talented

Where did you get this? My son was looking at these?
myusernamehasgone23420/04/2020 22:50

Amazon …Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/murando-Numbers-Banksy-Painting-0266-d/dp/B07FVHK3WQ

Lovely, thanks
I've cut the grass!
Dyslexic_Dog20/04/2020 23:15

I've cut the grass!

I really should cut mine.

40482712-32D0c.jpg
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 20th Apr

Same !

Landscaping full garden and part way through digging out a raised 7 foot by 15 foot patio by hand haha . Returf and creating raised flower bed a decking area ect
myusernamehasgone23420/04/2020 19:42

I painted this for my lads room.[Image] It was a paint by number set as …I painted this for my lads room.[Image] It was a paint by number set as I’m not very talented

Always thought Mario was on shrooms!
ashmac20/04/2020 23:39

Same !Landscaping full garden and part way through digging out a raised 7 …Same !Landscaping full garden and part way through digging out a raised 7 foot by 15 foot patio by hand haha . Returf and creating raised flower bed a decking area ect

Almost identicle ive dug out a raised area to extend patio, and building a wall, well used 2 foot gravel boards as a retaining wall for a large raised flower bed area and shed base, then returfing lawn which is now a foot lower and will be decking the patio after bloody hard work
Doea mowing the lawn for the first time on time count.
Made a table for my pc that interacts with led strips.
(Old photo, its finished now)

40483571-ySeyf.jpg40483571-Mp3lD.jpg
Plus I've had a try at modding my old PC case as it was boring and not daft enough
40483571-FwIwM.jpg40483571-10WXX.jpg40483571-5YLrt.jpg40483571-eSDed.jpg
Been doing alot of jigsaws with my little lad

I changed 2 lightbulbs

I have to retract this statement. Apparently I changed these light bulbs 3 days BEFORE lockdown
geebeegooner21/04/2020 02:53

Made a table for my pc that interacts with led strips.(Old photo, its …Made a table for my pc that interacts with led strips.(Old photo, its finished now)[Image] [Image] Plus I've had a try at modding my old PC case as it was boring and not daft enough [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]

Wow that looks fantastic
ashmac20/04/2020 23:39

Same !Landscaping full garden and part way through digging out a raised 7 …Same !Landscaping full garden and part way through digging out a raised 7 foot by 15 foot patio by hand haha . Returf and creating raised flower bed a decking area ect

Will you uploads photo too when your finished.

It’s nice weather at the moment for been busy in the garden
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions