Lock down projects. Il show you mine if you show me yours!

Posted 30th May
3474555.jpg3474555.jpg
Interested to see what projects people have been doing during lockdown. Might give me and others some ideas for next project.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Does an empty garage and £600 in the bank count that’s been my project on weekends with still working,
21 Comments
40918981-9uoLI.jpgBeen hydrodipping, also been slabbing parts of the garden. But what you made is amazing
STRICKIBHOY30/05/2020 09:29

[Image] Been hydrodipping, also been slabbing parts of the garden. But …[Image] Been hydrodipping, also been slabbing parts of the garden. But what you made is amazing

Looks great .
Have you done any trainers?
myusernamehasgone23430/05/2020 09:38

Looks great . Have you done any trainers?

No, that's with paints,I used a film with this. I'd try it but on something different before I wreck my trainers
STRICKIBHOY30/05/2020 09:41

No, that's with paints,I used a film with this. I'd try it but on …No, that's with paints,I used a film with this. I'd try it but on something different before I wreck my trainers

Sensible
STRICKIBHOY30/05/2020 09:41

No, that's with paints,I used a film with this. I'd try it but on …No, that's with paints,I used a film with this. I'd try it but on something different before I wreck my trainers

The likes of Nike must be loving the hydro dripping craze and shoe customisations in general as I’m sure most people will have failed attempts the first few times and need to re- buy
STRICKIBHOY30/05/2020 09:29

[Image] Been hydrodipping, also been slabbing parts of the garden. But …[Image] Been hydrodipping, also been slabbing parts of the garden. But what you made is amazing

Looks great. Think I'm gonna have to give this a go when I get round to making a controller. Thanks brother.
Does an empty garage and £600 in the bank count that’s been my project on weekends with still working,
Finally after years (yes years) of collecting computer parts, mostly on the cheap (private ads, etc) I have built my new computer of which this is being typed on (y).
No it has not taken me months to build, to fill the rest of the time (at my pace ) I have been clearing out lots of junk & tiding up the place - sort of!
40921114-3JP3o.jpg40921114-K6viI.jpg40921114-ijVEp.jpg40921114-mzhuw.jpg
danzab30/05/2020 13:08

[Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]

That is awesome, I'd love that in the garden, then pick it up and put it in the house
Some great projects so far & a couple of barrels, is that the new thing using barrels?
I always fancied doing (failing) one of those magic mirrors.

40922983-QHotO.jpg
STRICKIBHOY30/05/2020 14:52

That is awesome, I'd love that in the garden, then pick it up and put it …That is awesome, I'd love that in the garden, then pick it up and put it in the house

Yeah I made it for the garden but I really don’t want to put it outside!
Edited by: "danzab" 30th May
Been building a custom tracker style motorcycle. One day i hope they let me out to ride it!40924376-FVVap.jpg
40927653-ZMPgo.jpgHad this annoying gap at the side of the shed, so decided to build a dry stone solar waterfall, the water runs down to the pot and is pumped back up, just need to do a minor tweak or 2 on it but I'm happy enough to say I've never done owt like it before
Latest one was replacing the seats in the car with ones more modern, (rear door cards needed fixing in place still this was test fitting) also replaced all the carpets.40963747-WCwG4.jpg
40963747-da57z.jpg40963747-jf4Wx.jpg40963747-Q8AUN.jpgYou can also see the custom dash I made, I have also rebuilt the engine from 1285cc to 1641cc, fabbed an old school external sunvisor (its now curved smoothly this was mid install) made from the side of an old fridge freezer.
40963747-k7M3I.jpg
Changed the headlights to those from a Land Rover defender with led bulbs.

So far all the work has cost me about £150 (including the engine rebuild), engine work £80, seats £20, carpet was left over from a previous roll I had paid £10 for, lights £30 and paint a tenner.
Edited by: "harlzter" 3rd Jun
Other projects include replacing the fence that blew down a few months ago between ours and next door, split the cost and labour 50/50 made all the fun by the fact he hardly speaks english (he is polish) and I dont speak polish so its google translate every 5 minutes and even more fun by the fact he kept refilling my glass with the Vodka he brings back from Poland that I swear is stronger than we buy over here, but how do you say no politely so I just decided not to be rude. I must have had half a bottle by the end of the evening, fun when you are swinging pick axes. Glad it was only two concrete posts we was burying.
airbus33030/05/2020 19:08

Been building a custom tracker style motorcycle. One day i hope they let …Been building a custom tracker style motorcycle. One day i hope they let me out to ride it![Image]

Nice, what engine is that?
harlzter03/06/2020 17:49

Nice, what engine is that?

It is a Kawasaki W650. Basket case off ebay just before lockdown started. Spent about 1k on it and hope to turn a profit when I sell it on. W's have become very popular for custom builders who want the Brit bike look without the associated oil leaks
airbus33004/06/2020 08:14

It is a Kawasaki W650. Basket case off ebay just before lockdown started. …It is a Kawasaki W650. Basket case off ebay just before lockdown started. Spent about 1k on it and hope to turn a profit when I sell it on. W's have become very popular for custom builders who want the Brit bike look without the associated oil leaks

nice contemplating turning my lads chinese 125 into a tracker style bike now he has just bought himself a 96 dt125r, he's just waiting for some Pirelli MT90 dual sport tyres to make it a bit more friendly to use on the road. That 2 stroke smell though mmmmm, I forgot how tall they are though, I used to be able to swing my leg over the seat of a DT, age means I have to stand on the pegs first now lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants