Lockdown - how are you finding it?

Posted 11th Apr
I'm an introvert and a hermit so this has been easy for me, how are you finding it? Don't get me wrong if I had kids I'd be ripping my hair out, I also live alone.

Thoughts and prayers go out to people living with abusive partners, that must be he'll an I hope you can get out ASAP.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I have a 7 year old and whilst I’m craving a bit of normality and being able to eat out, go on day trips, cinema, bowling etc it’s been quite easy for us to adapt to as through winter my son had to have 3 months off school due to ill health. He’d been signed off school again just before schools were ordered to shut so we’ve been home for nearly 5 weeks now and it’s much easier now the weather is warmer so he can burn some energy off on his bike, trampoline etc. I’m also enjoying being able to relax with my feet up in the garden but a lot of the time I do feel like all I ever do is cook, clean, chores, etc. I daren’t moan though as I’m grateful we are able to stay home to stay safe and I have a lot of respect for those having to put themselves at higher risk going out to work during this time. Sending my best to everyone, I hope you’re all staying safe
Daughter is home, furloughed, I'm still working. I struggle with the fact that I am the only exposure my daughter gets as she hasn't been out in public for nearly 4 weeks. I feel guilty and wish I could stay home to give her that added protection.
I've not heard a single complaint from her and I admire her so much. I've seen some absolute scum during this, showing their worst sides, like the world owes them everything. I'm exposing me and my daughter daily and its wearing me out emotionally. I come home and cry in the shower so she doesn't see me, I have seen very little understanding, intelligence, selflessness and that's because those kind of people are staying home, which is where I wish I was. Wow, didn't mean to offload but I'm so drained.
No prob' for me and the wife (retired).... yet. Sitting in the sun, couple of cans of beer... some 60's music. I feel for those that are stuck in a flat/ apartment that can't do that..... I really do. Hold tight and take care.
It's ok for me too, got plenty to keep me occupied at home also helps having a garden, I do feel for those folks stuck up in flats though must be tough for them .
57 Comments
It's ok for me too, got plenty to keep me occupied at home also helps having a garden, I do feel for those folks stuck up in flats though must be tough for them .
Same for me. Not a thing has changed apart from shopping queues and no sport. More time to get through a backlog of games. No pressure to go outside. I live alone as well.
No prob' for me and the wife (retired).... yet. Sitting in the sun, couple of cans of beer... some 60's music. I feel for those that are stuck in a flat/ apartment that can't do that..... I really do. Hold tight and take care.
Willy_Wonka11/04/2020 17:22

Comment deleted

She is conspicuous by her absence.

Probably wouldn't make good reading for the Govt if they wheeled her out given her comments & policies towards the very workers that are now helping to keep the country running!
Gollywood11/04/2020 17:24

She is conspicuous by her absence.Probably wouldn't make good reading for …She is conspicuous by her absence.Probably wouldn't make good reading for the Govt if they wheeled her out given her comments & policies towards the very workers that are now helping to keep the country running!

She delivered the Governments broadcast today. Not impressed at all. She is after a new position after nearly getting the sack 2 weeks ago. She misleads the actual facts & has her own agenda.
I have a 7 year old and whilst I’m craving a bit of normality and being able to eat out, go on day trips, cinema, bowling etc it’s been quite easy for us to adapt to as through winter my son had to have 3 months off school due to ill health. He’d been signed off school again just before schools were ordered to shut so we’ve been home for nearly 5 weeks now and it’s much easier now the weather is warmer so he can burn some energy off on his bike, trampoline etc. I’m also enjoying being able to relax with my feet up in the garden but a lot of the time I do feel like all I ever do is cook, clean, chores, etc. I daren’t moan though as I’m grateful we are able to stay home to stay safe and I have a lot of respect for those having to put themselves at higher risk going out to work during this time. Sending my best to everyone, I hope you’re all staying safe
Gollywood11/04/2020 17:28

Comment deleted

I have came to that conclusion a couple of weeks ago. She is not right & certainly not genuine. Today she was saying domestic abuse is up 120%. It is not. It is up 20%. Although bad it is totally misleading yet again.
Willy_Wonka11/04/2020 17:33

I have came to that conclusion a couple of weeks ago. She is not right & …I have came to that conclusion a couple of weeks ago. She is not right & certainly not genuine. Today she was saying domestic abuse is up 120%. It is not. It is up 20%. Although bad it is totally misleading yet again.

If you're gonna lie, lie big. Lie to Trump-like proportions to bring your base support to orgasm everytime
Gollywood11/04/2020 17:35

If you're gonna lie, lie big. Lie to Trump-like proportions to bring your …If you're gonna lie, lie big. Lie to Trump-like proportions to bring your base support to orgasm everytime

If she was honest & straight I might like her. But she isn't. Even the BBC cut her broadcast short today which they haven't done before to anyone else.
ChelseaRae11/04/2020 17:28

I have a 7 year old and whilst I’m craving a bit of normality and being a …I have a 7 year old and whilst I’m craving a bit of normality and being able to eat out, go on day trips, cinema, bowling etc it’s been quite easy for us to adapt to as through winter my son had to have 3 months off school due to ill health. He’d been signed off school again just before schools were ordered to shut so we’ve been home for nearly 5 weeks now and it’s much easier now the weather is warmer so he can burn some energy off on his bike, trampoline etc. I’m also enjoying being able to relax with my feet up in the garden but a lot of the time I do feel like all I ever do is cook, clean, chores, etc. I daren’t moan though as I’m grateful we are able to stay home to stay safe and I have a lot of respect for those having to put themselves at higher risk going out to work during this time. Sending my best to everyone, I hope you’re all staying safe

luckily I don't have any at school anymore, but isn't it going to be hard for the kids to get back into school mode again?

I feel I'm eating more, I'll go to the fridge open it, nope nothing I fancy & then go back 20 mins & check again, I guess I'm hoping it's been magically refilled with something I want

She is conspicuous by her absence.Probably wouldn't make good reading for …She is conspicuous by her absence.Probably wouldn't make good reading for the Govt if they wheeled her out given her comments & policies towards the very workers that are now helping to keep the country running!

They just did !!
Hope they asked her if she still thinks the "unskilled" are still a waste of space.
Why my comment has been deleted is beyond me.
Anyway Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is starting on channel 5. If you have young kids you can give them nightmares on the Child Catcher scenes so beware.
richp11/04/2020 17:37

luckily I don't have any at school anymore, but isn't it going to be hard …luckily I don't have any at school anymore, but isn't it going to be hard for the kids to get back into school mode again? I feel I'm eating more, I'll go to the fridge open it, nope nothing I fancy & then go back 20 mins & check again, I guess I'm hoping it's been magically refilled with something I want

My son was eased back into it, for a few weeks he did half days but that was due to his health and ensuring both him and the school were comfortable adapting to the changes since he’d last been there in regards to his needs and medication. I can’t imagine they’ll really make any exceptions when the whole country returns to school though, it’ll just be like going back after the six weeks holiday - the first couple of days excited at the thought of being reunited with their friends and then the slump kicks in as the routine tires them out!
Haha well I hope the fridge fairies visit you soon to replenish your favourite snacks
My legs are tired. Apart from that A-OK.
I'm not bothered either way, however by the end of it I think I will be familiar with every nut and bolt on my car, Ive just bought new barrels, pistons and head to convert her from a sedate 1300 to a spritely 1641cc an almost 25% increase (I have already inquired with my insurers and it will not affect my policy so thats all good - just about everything else is modified in one way or another though). It keeps me out of the Mrs's way.
Edited by: "harlzter" 11th Apr
Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell11/04/2020 17:59

My legs are tired. Apart from that A-OK.

Did you have that? My other half was hospitalised & had to have oxygen & a drip but all I had was a cough & dry nose but my legs ached like mad for 5-7 days. The 2 kids had leg ache too.
Edited by: "Willy_Wonka" 11th Apr
Willy_Wonka11/04/2020 18:03

Did you have that? My other half was hospitalised & had to have oxygen & a …Did you have that? My other half was hospitalised & had to have oxygen & a drip but all I had was a cough & dry nose but my legs ached like mad for 5-7 days. The 2 kids had leg ache too.

Mine is caused by cycling.
All the best to your family.
Edited by: "Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell" 11th Apr

She is devious and should not be trusted. Every department she has worked in she has belittled and bullied and got away with it
Willy_Wonka11/04/2020 17:53

Why my comment has been deleted is beyond me.

Maybe because it was off topic ??....
steve.t11/04/2020 18:10

Maybe because it was off topic ??....

Nope it was in direct reference to the original post that states "Thoughts and prayers go out to people living with abusive partners, that must be he'll an I hope you can get out ASAP."

Which the OP was referring to the Government broadcast today. It was directly relevant.
Willy_Wonka11/04/2020 18:03

Did you have that? My other half was hospitalised & had to have oxygen & a …Did you have that? My other half was hospitalised & had to have oxygen & a drip but all I had was a cough & dry nose but my legs ached like mad for 5-7 days. The 2 kids had leg ache too.

Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell11/04/2020 18:06

Mine is caused by cycling.All the best to your family.

+1
had just about every other symptom known to humankind mind
Scotland131411/04/2020 18:08

She is devious and should not be trusted. Every department she has worked …She is devious and should not be trusted. Every department she has worked in she has belittled and bullied and got away with it

and that's only her good points
Willy_Wonka11/04/2020 18:09

Expect your comment to be deleted.

It wouldn’t surprise me and not unusual for some of my comments
Daughter is home, furloughed, I'm still working. I struggle with the fact that I am the only exposure my daughter gets as she hasn't been out in public for nearly 4 weeks. I feel guilty and wish I could stay home to give her that added protection.
I've not heard a single complaint from her and I admire her so much. I've seen some absolute scum during this, showing their worst sides, like the world owes them everything. I'm exposing me and my daughter daily and its wearing me out emotionally. I come home and cry in the shower so she doesn't see me, I have seen very little understanding, intelligence, selflessness and that's because those kind of people are staying home, which is where I wish I was. Wow, didn't mean to offload but I'm so drained.
joyf453611/04/2020 18:15

and that's only her good points

Boris better watch out she’s after her job and nothing will stop her
It’s ok for me I still get to hi and see my parents and mates and my other family and nip to the shops every day and can go in any shop. Only thing that’s changed for me is gym closing it’s been totally fine really.
Mainly missing the foods
Apart from the pub not being open, no difference for us. Thankfully, it's been blue skies for the last 3 weeks and 24C today. Best 3 weeks of march-April weather I can ever remember. Lack of pollution could be the reason.....

Empty beach too for my daily walk. (between Brighton and worthing)

40383882-D3xa5.jpg
Edited by: "chocci" 11th Apr
chocci11/04/2020 19:03

Apart from the pub not being open, no difference for us. Thankfully, it's …Apart from the pub not being open, no difference for us. Thankfully, it's been blue skies for the last 3 weeks and 24C today. Best 3 weeks of march-April weather I can ever remember. Lack of pollution could be the reason..... Empty beach too for my daily walk.

It was lovely & hot last Easter. We were BBQing then too.
Willy_Wonka11/04/2020 19:04

It was beautiful! We had better weather earlier in the year than we did most of actual “summer”!
Willy_Wonka11/04/2020 19:04

True but that was later in April. March was superb this year (for weather)
Finding IT to be fantastic to be honest...rewatched the first chapter in preparation for the second chapter which we may watch later tonight.

40383995-53YnQ.jpg
Seriously though, as others have said it can be easy looking at your own circumstances and not finding it too bad but I do feel for those stuck in small apartments/flats and those who already struggle with loneliness/depression etc.
cicobuff11/04/2020 19:19

Seriously though, as others have said it can be easy looking at your own …Seriously though, as others have said it can be easy looking at your own circumstances and not finding it too bad but I do feel for those stuck in small apartments/flats and those who already struggle with loneliness/depression etc.

To be honest, I think a lot of they feelings can arrive due to the aspect of "missing out". However, knowing that everyone else is in the same boat at the moment, kinda relieves these anxieties. For me anyway. That may be one aspect of perspective, I know sentiments can run deeper, especially with depression.
Frankie7711/04/2020 19:27

To be honest, I think a lot of they feelings can arrive due to the aspect …To be honest, I think a lot of they feelings can arrive due to the aspect of "missing out". However, knowing that everyone else is in the same boat at the moment, kinda relieves these anxieties. For me anyway. That may be one aspect of perspective, I know sentiments can run deeper, especially with depression.

Absolutely, admittedly I do suffer somewhat with anxiety...but with my wife furloughed it has given us the opportunities in our relatively new build house to make a good start on garden projects....we have got into the positive mindset of looking at it as a unique opportunity rather than dwelling on things.

I do occasionally let my mind wander on though thinking about the selfless tasks of our brilliant care workers in whichever capacity and that makes me feel somewhat guilty even though we are 'doing our bit' by following the guidelines. My wife and myself circumstances really right now other than long term concerns of work we do have it relatively easy with focused goals.
300,034,974,000 reasons to hate this lockdown, but BBQ and garden parties are making it bearable. Hope the good weather continues.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions