Groups

locking mobile phones ( opposite of unlocking ;) )

hi guys, any help will be appreciated

got a sony erricons c905, and its just gone boom, phone is not getting any signal so now its useless, however the phone is unlocked, i did this with the aerix unlocked posted on this site a while ago

anyone know if its possible to lock the phone again? reason being i know unlocking a phone will not break it ( its been done for 2 months besides, not recently when the problem has occured ) however who i bought it off ( dodgy company ) will not take it back unlocked as they have said any unlocking is tampering with the phone, any way of locking it back so i can send it back to them to fix? or is it not possible?

10 Comments

not sure if restore to factory settigs would help???

Not sure you can now on a sony ericsson. They say that, just to put you off doing it. Sure they wont know or check.

You mean changing the IMEI? its not possible with a M2 handset,plus what happens when you try and make a call and what does it say on the screen

spitroast

Friend had a sony ericsson unlocked,was working perfectly then they updated the firmware from SE site and phone relocked

They got theirs unlocked by a shop,it was a w350,the seus relocked it as you've said,so that should work for OP

Original Poster

cheers lads, updated the firmware a few times before and it didnt lock it again, will look into this seus thing

swafe;7181213

cheers lads, updated the firmware a few times before and it didnt lock it … cheers lads, updated the firmware a few times before and it didnt lock it again, will look into this seus thing

seus is SE update service :?

And less of the lads lol :thumbsup:

Original Poster

oh dear haha

updated it over the air, trying the update program now via cable :0

spit roast;7179505

You mean changing the IMEI? spitroast

Hmmm,I'm still trying to figure out where this theory came into it :roll: Thought there may have been a response earlier :roll:

Original Poster

ok, so sues DOESNT lock the phone

but it seems to have fixed it, so cant complain too much
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card66
      2. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine54
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…88
      4. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO22

See more discussions