Groups

lodger contract

hi guys

can you help me out finding a good lodger contract to download?

did any of you find a good one lately?

thanks for your time

9 Comments

Hi, if you create a contract between yourself and a lodger, most lenders would view this as a tenancy which would likely leave you in breach of your mortgage t&cs. Lodgers should have no fixed commitments or expectations. Don't commit to any agreements without getting written confirmation from your lender that they are ok with them.

Google 'sheldons room mate agreement'

itsdavidjones1984

Google 'sheldons room mate agreement'

The money saving expert forums will be a lot more helpful

Original Poster

Tomjoshdad

Hi, if you create a contract between yourself and a lodger, most lenders … Hi, if you create a contract between yourself and a lodger, most lenders would view this as a tenancy which would likely leave you in breach of your mortgage t&cs. Lodgers should have no fixed commitments or expectations. Don't commit to any agreements without getting written confirmation from your lender that they are ok with them.

hi

i am the future lodger

johnro

hii am the future lodger

Then is you are moving into a rented property it will be up to the landlord. If you are renting a room ,again I would leave this up to the owner. It will be their responsibility not yours.

Tomjoshdad

Hi, if you create a contract between yourself and a lodger, most lenders … Hi, if you create a contract between yourself and a lodger, most lenders would view this as a tenancy which would likely leave you in breach of your mortgage t&cs. Lodgers should have no fixed commitments or expectations. Don't commit to any agreements without getting written confirmation from your lender that they are ok with them.

A lodger agreement is not a contract, neither would lenders view this as such or have a problem with it. Stop being a drama queen.

Errrr 25 years in the secured lending departments at HSBC/Lloyd's Banking
    Group, it wasnt me that called it a contract and yes most lenders would take a dim view of an agreement that affects their security. Still sure you know best
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Anyone got a spare Argos 10% code from the Xbox Minecraft mistake?11
      2. Decent Mp3 Player?88
      3. Need of new Broadband deal44
      4. Three connection22

See more discussions