Found 9th Jan 2010
Hi,
I am looking to get my house walls and loft installated. I know ( think I know ) that there is grants for between 50%-70% available to me, as me and my girlfriend are under 60 have no children and are in full time employment. I am just wandering if anyone could tell me who is the best person to come and do the istallation and what the approximate cost would be for a large four bedroom house, with and with out the grant applied. Thank you to anyone who replies, I am extreamly greatfull.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

I have just had my bunglow done i went through b&q and used there 15% discount code cost me about 168.00 . normal price is about 199.00 for walls and about the same for the loft , b&q go through british gas you can look and buy through b&q online . hope this gives you so idea

We contacted a local firm & asked them about the grant - they did everything (including the paperwork) - we paid them the cost minus the grant & they claimed the grant back.

Can't remember how much it cost me, though - sorry.

whats the 15% code for B & Q please?

thanks for that

use the npower deal for loft insulation if you're not in a hurry...

£1 a roll...

Contact a company called Mark Group. They 'll do your loft and cavity walls for £99 each!

I contacted E-on and got my loft done for £149, 11" of insulation, includes lagging the tank, pipes and they even insulated the hatch door! E-on sent round the Mark Group to do the work and then the bloke tells me they would have done it for £99! I also got 2 quotes from Mark group for cavity walls -the 1st was over £200 (some story about less than 70% of total build) so we said forget it. Called again 3 weeks later, bloke came round (again Mark Group) and he quoted £99. The work gets done next week.:thumbsup:

Npower doing simlar at £149 each they will do up to a 4 bed house for this

Cant get my head round cavity wall insulation, is the cavity not there for a reason?? what happens with the air bricks?

junkenstein73;7491110

Cant get my head round cavity wall insulation, is the cavity not there … Cant get my head round cavity wall insulation, is the cavity not there for a reason?? what happens with the air bricks?

This site will give you all the answers:thumbsup:

energysavingtrust.org.uk/Hom…ion

cis_groupie;7491180

This site will give you all the … This site will give you all the answers:thumbsup:http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/Home-improvements-and-products/Home-insulation-glazing/Cavity-wall-insulation

Thanks will have a look:thumbsup:

Original Poster

thank you all for replies, they are very helpfull
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Domain renewal35
    2. Wireless earphones33
    3. Gatwick Airport Parking44
    4. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?47

See more discussions