Loft insulation

Posted 29th Jan
Hi,, new home, needing the loft insulation Rock wool 🍥 rolls,,, any 1 know were is best to get them from?,, 100mm for 20pounds ain't so good when guide lines are between 250 n 270 mm,,,, any help at all guys is very much appreciated,,, thanks in advance
Andrew
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
B&Q do Knauf Eko Roll at 3 for £16.50 - wickes have similar offers but at cheaper price for shorter rolls (few pence in b&q's favour when working out coverage)

Further join B&Q member club - this will give you £5 off your first £30 spend and then £5 off your next £50 spend (i.e. do not buy in one go)

Also quidco/topcashback for some more pence savings
Have you considered PIR foil faced foam insulation, esp if your loft isn't offering much head height?

it is around more compact & offers better ratings.
You will probably need too do it as 2 layers 100mm and a 170mm look around see if there's any builders mer with offer on last time I some from Travis Perkins for around 17 a roll.
Try getting a Government grant so you do not pay anything.

I think you mean "new 2nd hand home" because if it was a new home they should be fitting the insulation to standard.
Sorry 🙏, 2nd hand home,,, yeah will try Travis perkins and bnq, etc, ain't thought of PIR foil,, thought that would be a heck of a lot more expensive,,, cheers guys
AndrewFleming29/01/2020 17:46

Sorry 🙏, 2nd hand home,,, yeah will try Travis perkins and bnq, etc, …Sorry 🙏, 2nd hand home,,, yeah will try Travis perkins and bnq, etc, ain't thought of PIR foil,, thought that would be a heck of a lot more expensive,,, cheers guys

Try getting it done by a Government grant. Its free. Contact your own energy supplier for details but you can get it done by any energy supplier. They all have a target set by the Government to do a certain amount of free installs a year.
I got mine done with the government grant they paid the whole lot and that was for wall and loft insulation
Got mine done with eon 2 years ago. Loft and cavity. Didn’t cost me a penny
I got loft and cavity wall done for free as well, use a link on MSE, I did a few forms, one wanted a £450 contribution, one did it for free (one of the energy companies), that was 2 years ago and its made a noticeable difference. The loft insulation will be done 30cm thick though but they said they had to and I just moved it to the sides on the part I was boarding (approx half).
I could reply with a detailed answer, but it would just go over your head
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants