Loftzone/Storefloor

Found 11th Sep 2017
Has anyone fitted their own loftzone/storefloor please?

To buy direct seems reasonably priced but to pay a local authorised dealer you're talking around £500. Just wondered how easy it was. We have a newbuild.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Loft Stilts are a cheaper option if you're not scared of doing a bit of work up there.
I did mine with loft stilts. Not difficult but not much fun
I installed loftzone 2 weeks ago. Was relatively easy but you need to make sure you tread carefully and not put your foot through the floor lol. My house was built in the 50's if that makes any difference. I've been looking into it since we got our attic insulated - it's a good system but the cost put me off. Luckily I found someone selling lots of left over parts on Facebook sales, it was enough for me to get nearly 6 sq metres down but I've ran out of straight legs but they're available @ £2 each. I'd say just take your time, get your head around the layout by placing the parts roughly where they need to go and measure twice before drilling.
Also, with regards to the price, it adds up if you're looking at doing a large area - I was looking at doing most/all the attic on a 3 bed semi. The 6 sq metres I've done was enough to get most of my junk up there! If you're handy with a measuring tape & drill it's easy enough, it's certainly not worth paying someone £500 to fit in my opinion. To gauge my level of skill, I can put a curtain rail up into a solid wall but much more than that is beyond me, I didn't find it particularly difficult. It gets hot in the attic though, I had a sweat on within 10 minutes!
dirty_stan12th Sep

Also, with regards to the price, it adds up if you're looking at doing a …Also, with regards to the price, it adds up if you're looking at doing a large area - I was looking at doing most/all the attic on a 3 bed semi. The 6 sq metres I've done was enough to get most of my junk up there! If you're handy with a measuring tape & drill it's easy enough, it's certainly not worth paying someone £500 to fit in my opinion. To gauge my level of skill, I can put a curtain rail up into a solid wall but much more than that is beyond me, I didn't find it particularly difficult. It gets hot in the attic though, I had a sweat on within 10 minutes!

Thank you! very useful info
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants