Log cabin price fluctuation during this crisis - should I buy?

Posted 19th Mar
I made an order for a Log Cabin (man cave/kids room) before this Coronavirus crisis properly surfaced from Tuin (well reviewed company).

I haven't yet paid for it but I may need to pay by the end of this weekend if I am going to keep the order for delivery on week commencing 30th March.

My dilemma is whether a £3700 log cabin purchase at this time is a good idea and whether the price of these will fall due to this economic crisis.

On the other hand, it would be good to have a project on the go in these isolating times. Also, I guess you have to just get on with it if you want something.

Peoples views would be welcome.
Community Updates

Groups

10 Comments
If you can afford it and have funds to cover you if your income drops dramatically then go for it. I’d just confirm with them if they can still fulfil your order. At this time we need to keep the economy going at much as possible.
Order it
Fortunately there is no letter "r" in the middle of the supplier name so you should be OK.
Buy the man cave, we got ours from Tuin last year & it’s amazing! Make sure your base is 100% flat and square to keep the ‘logs’ level as you build it, otherwise your roof will never work!
Edited by: "shelliebish" 19th Mar
I thought it surfaced in Wuhan?
I've got an insulated one in the garden as my home office and love it. I bought it a couple of years ago from Dunster House.
I'd recommend a solid level base, fit gutting ASAP, seal the edges with clear mastic and get a decent roof.

They never go down in price, timber only ever gets more expensive and there will likely be an order back log if there isn't already as factories would have been hit with the flu
discozohan19/03/2020 20:52

If you can afford it and have funds to cover you if your income drops …If you can afford it and have funds to cover you if your income drops dramatically then go for it. I’d just confirm with them if they can still fulfil your order. At this time we need to keep the economy going at much as possible.

Your right, I’m going to order it. Thanks for all the advise everyone much appreciated the time. Going to fun building it!
shelliebish19/03/2020 21:58

Buy the man cave, we got ours from Tuin last year & it’s amazing! Make s …Buy the man cave, we got ours from Tuin last year & it’s amazing! Make sure your base is 100% flat and square to keep the ‘logs’ level as you build it, otherwise your roof will never work!

Thanks, good advise. Going to buy! I hope I can find some concrete for the base!
jezzery20/03/2020 07:13

Thanks, good advise. Going to buy! I hope I can find some concrete for the …Thanks, good advise. Going to buy! I hope I can find some concrete for the base!

We had ours poured by a proper concrete company... our builder arranged it & built a wooden box frame for it to be poured into. We went for the 5m x3m one. It’s mad when it arrives, it’s just one plastic covered rectangle that you then open up & separate into each individual part... it’s like giant jenga! Have fun with it!
shelliebish20/03/2020 07:19

We had ours poured by a proper concrete company... our builder arranged it …We had ours poured by a proper concrete company... our builder arranged it & built a wooden box frame for it to be poured into. We went for the 5m x3m one. It’s mad when it arrives, it’s just one plastic covered rectangle that you then open up & separate into each individual part... it’s like giant jenga! Have fun with it!

Thanks, yes was considering that but I’m just extending it so won’t need too much hopefully. I’ll have a look at that option too. Thanks again!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants