Log someone out of your BT Fon hotspot

Posted 22nd Nov
Long winded and hard to describe. Basically my mum lets my use her bt hotspot when I’m out etc. Anyways I downloaded the app on my partners phone. He has no Wi-fi at home and his phone is restricted so he can only use it on Wi-fi eg WhatsApp iMessage. Anyways. I’ve changed the passwords so it logs him out. But it hasn’t. My messages are still delivering therefore he is still using my mums bt hotspot details. How do I log everyone out.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

19 Comments
Unplug the router
https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9787/~/how-can-i-turn-my-bt-wi-fi-%28bt-openzone%29-service-on-and-off%3F
esar23/11/2019 00:34

Unplug the router

I'm guessing OPs partner is using OPs mother's reciprocal Fon access away from OPs mother's home, so turning off mother's router won't do jack, other than inconvenience mother.
AndyRoyd23/11/2019 00:59

I'm guessing OPs partner is using OPs mother's reciprocal Fon access away …I'm guessing OPs partner is using OPs mother's reciprocal Fon access away from OPs mother's home, so turning off mother's router won't do jack, other than inconvenience mother.

They seemed to be saying that they had changed the password, but I fear they have their account login details, so that's when I put in my second reply
The only other thing they can do is contact bt and change their account logon details to the account, or possibly password reset
AndyRoyd23/11/2019 00:59

I'm guessing OPs partner is using OPs mother's reciprocal Fon access away …I'm guessing OPs partner is using OPs mother's reciprocal Fon access away from OPs mother's home, so turning off mother's router won't do jack, other than inconvenience mother.

This is correct. We both have the Wi-fi app and it just automatically logs us into my mums Wi-fi wherever there is an hotspot. I don’t want him using it anymore. I’ve changed the passwords but it’s not logged him out x
Edited by: "parisp" 23rd Nov
Changing the email password to the BT BB login also changes the Fon login password.
AndyRoyd23/11/2019 01:11

Changing the email password to the BT BB login also changes the Fon login …Changing the email password to the BT BB login also changes the Fon login password.

Yes I know but it’s not logged him out. He’s still using it tonight as I’ve been messaging him and the messages are delivering. He is also at home so he is still logged in. I’m just gonna have to get his phone and delete the app x
Edited by: "parisp" 23rd Nov
parisp23/11/2019 01:10

This is correct. We both have the Wi-fi app and it just logs us into my …This is correct. We both have the Wi-fi app and it just logs us into my mums Wi-fi wherever there is an hotspot. I don’t want him using it anymore. I’ve changed the passwords but it’s not logged him out x

Been a while since I saw BT BB control panel. Does it actually show (history of) reciprocal Fon hotspot logins? Maybe you have successfully booted your partner out and he is getting hammered down the pub whilst hammering the pub's WiFi, or maybe he's spent some wedge on cellular data.
AndyRoyd23/11/2019 01:16

Been a while since I saw BT BB control panel. Does it actually show …Been a while since I saw BT BB control panel. Does it actually show (history of) reciprocal Fon hotspot logins? Maybe you have successfully booted your partner out and he is getting hammered down the pub whilst hammering the pub's WiFi, or maybe he's spent some wedge on cellular data.

Well. That was my thought. I thought ohhhh so he’s gone out. So I went round there he was in the house using my mothers Wi-fi. Wants get his own
parisp23/11/2019 01:27

Well. That was my thought. I thought ohhhh so he’s gone out. So I went r …Well. That was my thought. I thought ohhhh so he’s gone out. So I went round there he was in the house using my mothers Wi-fi. Wants get his own

Relationship irrelevancies aside, if you change the BT account email login password again but via a device that does not have the BT app installed, then immediately leave you mother's gaff and find a nearby reciprocal Fon hotspot, does your phone's Fon login still function?
AndyRoyd23/11/2019 01:46

Relationship irrelevancies aside, if you change the BT account email login …Relationship irrelevancies aside, if you change the BT account email login password again but via a device that does not have the BT app installed, then immediately leave you mother's gaff and find a nearby reciprocal Fon hotspot, does your phone's Fon login still function?

I have my own house and Wi-fi I only use hers for free Wi-fi whilst I’m out. So I can’t check. I’ve even googled it and found others asking the same question with no actual correct solution. Thankyou for the help I’m just gonna have to delete the app on his phone when I get the chance x
These type of issues must be common so I wonder how the apps and O/S handle the login?
Is it an Android or iPhone?
parisp23/11/2019 01:48

I have my own house and Wi-fi I only use hers for free Wi-fi whilst I’m o …I have my own house and Wi-fi I only use hers for free Wi-fi whilst I’m out. So I can’t check. I’ve even googled it and found others asking the same question with no actual correct solution. Thankyou for the help I’m just gonna have to delete the app on his phone when I get the chance x

He will be able to reinstall the app the passwords will be saved in his phone. Why does it matter if he uses the access it doesn’t cost your mother anymore money...
I've bt. I've opted out of bt hotspot. No one including myself can use the hotspots. Maybe that's the last resort you need to do to stop it once and for all.
Tell us more
Can’t you block his mac in router set up? Don’t have bt but most routers have this option
Hey op, when you changed your mum's bt account password, what happend to your app when you connected to a bt Fon hotspot?
esar23/11/2019 13:28

Hey op, when you changed your mum's bt account password, what happend to …Hey op, when you changed your mum's bt account password, what happend to your app when you connected to a bt Fon hotspot?

It stayed logged in too x
parisp23/11/2019 13:29

It stayed logged in too x

Are you 100% it was the BT ID password you changed?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants