Log splitter needed

Posted 24th Oct
I need a log splitter. anyone have one at a decent price or any links to one please.
Community Updates
Misc
13 Comments
MrSprkle24/10/2019 23:50

https://www.wickes.co.uk/The-Handy-6-Ton-Electric-Log-Splitter-With-Guards/p/206603?utm_source=google&scid=scplp206603&sc_intid=206603&gclid=Cj0KCQjwl8XtBRDAARIsAKfwtxBtGGukLEbRkLy6DB61h7eJ22tfyWPJfq3c0dqfUFJwmPZRiLw4VT4aAs_REALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

That's a possibility. Cheers
I bought a log splitter axe. It works well and is quite fun.
I second the axe option. Unless you are chopping wood for commercial purposes how much wood do you really need? Axe will give you a nice workout too.
Fiskars X27. By far the best axe I've used for splitting.
themorgatron25/10/2019 06:18

Fiskars X27. By far the best axe I've used for splitting.

I’ve got exactly the same and it’s fantastic!
666FU25/10/2019 06:03

I second the axe option. Unless you are chopping wood for commercial …I second the axe option. Unless you are chopping wood for commercial purposes how much wood do you really need? Axe will give you a nice workout too.

I have recently developed arthritis and find an axe difficult.
Maybe eat a balanced diet and you won't have trouble splitting your logs
Where in the UK are you? If you are local to chesterfield I have a log splitter axe you can have for nowt (got it in a job lot of tools for about £3 on facebook auction page so owes me nothing and I'm not likely to use it).
Derek_Lancelot_Shatwell25/10/2019 10:12

Maybe eat a balanced diet and you won't have trouble splitting your logs …Maybe eat a balanced diet and you won't have trouble splitting your logs

I was just about to post: I just take a laxative! Great minds Mr Shatwell.
harlzter25/10/2019 14:06

Where in the UK are you? If you are local to chesterfield I have a log …Where in the UK are you? If you are local to chesterfield I have a log splitter axe you can have for nowt (got it in a job lot of tools for about £3 on facebook auction page so owes me nothing and I'm not likely to use it).

Thanks mate. I'm up near glasgow and already have a maul
Thanks for the offer.
OP, bengay (stopped making it a while ago, but f you ask canadian online pharmacy for an equivilent then that will REALLY help, it was very strong & capable, we used to bring LOTS of it back from Canada.

OR anyone in France you know? ..their pharmacies tend to be better equipped (especially snow resort towns) for higher strength cream rubs.

Auto (electric) log splitters are fairly slow (coffee, thermos & radio for an hour outside TBH) ..so depending on where your arthritis is "nasty" it may still pull you around a bit, ..that said, better to do this work in spring / summer to split dry anyway.

Ebay will be full of them, but as it is now nigh on burning season the price will have risen!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants