Groups

Logitech Announce a Silent mouse - Not sure how I feel about that.

Editor
    Okay, so Logitech have announced the M330 Silent Plus and M220 Silent. Although technically not silent, they are meant to offer 90% less noise, supposedly to stop bothering your office mates or even family members in the same room. Apparently shipping in September and starting at £29.99 in the UK.

I am REALLY not sure how I feel about a silent mouse! Anyone else think it would break your head a little bit to start out? If it was the same with a keyboard, I think i'd actually have to start shouting "CLICK" at every press.

M330 Product page - Here
    M220 Product Page - Here

http://n.itnews.com.ua/news/pic/2/6/2609b798.jpg

9 Comments

I'd imagine that the tactile feel of the click when you depress the mouse button will be enough for you to register in your mind that it was a click. Besides, you'd probably be too preoccupied on here not to notice a click sound

To be honest, using the track pointer on Lenovo laptops is near silent, and I never find that a problem.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/fileadmin/_migrated/pics/lenovo_thinkpad_t410_trackpoint.jpg

Buys silent mouse.

Owns mechanical keyboard.

Original Poster Editor

cicobuff

To be honest, using the track pointer on Lenovo laptops is near silent, … To be honest, using the track pointer on Lenovo laptops is near silent, and I never find that a problem.

I can't use them either, haha! Set in my ways I think. Sure i could get used to it, but thinking about it breaks my brain a little.

NeoTrix

I can't use them either, haha! Set in my ways I think. Sure i could get … I can't use them either, haha! Set in my ways I think. Sure i could get used to it, but thinking about it breaks my brain a little.

I love using the track pointer on my Lenovo. And the left/right/scroll button underneath are near silent. Once you have gotten used to a track pointer there is no going back.

cicobuff

I love using the track pointer on my Lenovo. And the left/right/scroll … I love using the track pointer on my Lenovo. And the left/right/scroll button underneath are near silent. Once you have gotten used to a track pointer there is no going back.

I hate the that little trackpad nub thing, I tried using it today on mine and it was horrific.

dcx_badass

I hate the that little trackpad nub thing, I tried using it today on mine … I hate the that little trackpad nub thing, I tried using it today on mine and it was horrific.

I know many people that would not go back to using a standard trackpad on a laptop, including myself....love the trackpoint..far more accurate, but there are those like yourself that just cannot get along with it.

cicobuff

I know many people that would not go back to using a standard trackpad on … I know many people that would not go back to using a standard trackpad on a laptop, including myself....love the trackpoint..far more accurate, but there are those like yourself that just cannot get along with it.

Yeah, I hate the normal touchpad too, with the button integrated into the pad so as you click it moves. To be honest I've not seen a single person at work use the tracking nub, most use the mouse pad if needed but we just all got given a mouse as so many people don't like either.

dcx_badass

Yeah, I hate the normal touchpad too, with the button integrated into the … Yeah, I hate the normal touchpad too, with the button integrated into the pad so as you click it moves. To be honest I've not seen a single person at work use the tracking nub, most use the mouse pad if needed but we just all got given a mouse as so many people don't like either.

The trackpoint and mouse clicks on the newer Lenovo Keyboards is not too clever due to bad ergonomics. Not impressed at all with the mouse redesign. As outlined [here].
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card22
      2. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION11
      3. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only33
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority11

See more discussions