Groups

Logitech G400: Successor to the MX518 - Will you buy it?

Logitech G400 is up for pre order. I was about to buy the MX518 myself for my new gaming laptop but I guess I might as well wait for the G400.

It's up for pre-order for £35 (obviously we'll get it cheaper from HUKD :p) It'll become available in July.

As the MX518 has been available for quite a few years now, will you be making the switch? Is there a large difference between this and the MX518 - because if there isn't, then I may as well buy the MX518 as it'll be cheaper.

logitech.com/gam…400

So tell me what you think

8 Comments

Original Poster

http://cdn2.ubergizmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/logitech-g400.jpg
    Gotta say, it looks much nicer than the MX518 - I wan't fond of the old design.

Banned

Looks nicer but is £15 more. I would go with a razer for this price. Still a great price either way

i like the look of the g700, but i like wireless mice.

Original Poster

zurich

i like the look of the g700, but i like wireless mice.

Gamers tend to prefer a wired mouse over wireless as they have a much faster response rate.

i play games just fine with my wireless microsoft X8

Original Poster

zurich

i play games just fine with my wireless microsoft X8

X8 has some special BlueTrack technology in order to do this. This comes at a cost and mice the same price as the G400 for instance, would not have this and will therefore have a slower response rate.

expired now but was cheaper than the g400 linky

Original Poster

zurich

expired now but was cheaper than the g400 linky

As the g400 is £35 RRP, it means that it'll probably sell for around £20 - £25.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What will £250 get me second hand mobile22
      2. Looking for a mobile phone with a £300 budget33
      3. Xbox one region22
      4. Need help with home Internet dropping out please45

See more discussions