Logitech Harmony 300 and 300i Difference?

Found 20th May 2012
I'm looking at picking up a universal remote, but was wondering what the difference is between these two models apart from the glossy finish? They both look identical but the 300i is more expensive.

14 Comments

Banned

The "i" is made for apple fans that why it's more expensive.
Edited by: "imsofly" 20th May 2012

Original Poster

ooooooh

makes perfect sense now! X)

Original Poster

Really torn with what to get.. I like the look of this one amazon.co.uk/gp/…lnk
But it doesn't seem to have as many buttons as the Logitech

Original Poster

Might just go for the Logitech 300 then. It's one of the cheaper ones but not really willing to pay more. Anyone have any experience of this and are the buttons responsive?

The battery's cost a fortune to keep these controls running,but great controls.

Original Poster

Use rechargable AAs or AAAs so not really an issue. Unless the battery life is literally a few days??

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Got a 300 battery lasts ages, it doesn't have a screen like the higher … Got a 300 battery lasts ages, it doesn't have a screen like the higher models.

Would you say it's worth getting? Are the buttons responsive? The pictures make the navigation keys look very small so I'm cautious about how comfortable it is to use.

Original Poster

Also, quite importantly, when you click a button fast (like the up and down button when scrolling through the tv guide), does it scroll through faster or is it like my current remote where it is painfully slow and there is a gap between each key press?

I've got both and the only difference is the glossy finish on the 300i

Isnt the I shinny?

WheresMeNuts

The battery's cost a fortune to keep these controls running,but great … The battery's cost a fortune to keep these controls running,but great controls.

Get a One, rechargeable, I love my One

Original Poster

Toasthduk

Get a One, rechargeable, I love my One

Do look nice but I really don't need one as complex as that. Also, not too keen on a screen as I'll probably break it! Very expensive as well.
Edited by: "chris2010uk" 20th May 2012

chris2010uk

Might just go for the Logitech 300 then. It's one of the cheaper ones … Might just go for the Logitech 300 then. It's one of the cheaper ones but not really willing to pay more. Anyone have any experience of this and are the buttons responsive?

Great remote and IIRC the only difference is the colour between 300 and 300i. The 300 is a gloss black and the 300i more of a matte finish.

The remote itself is easy to setup, ours runs a Samsung TV, Sumvision Cyclone 2 , Sony AV system (old but great STR-DE475) and a Humax Foxsat HDR (gives a better angle range as well than the original)

chris2010uk

Also, quite importantly, when you click a button fast (like the up and … Also, quite importantly, when you click a button fast (like the up and down button when scrolling through the tv guide), does it scroll through faster or is it like my current remote where it is painfully slow and there is a gap between each key press?

TV guide on TV and Foxsat if you press programme up or down it moves one channel at a time, press the up or down arrow though and it shifts a page at a time so best of both, there is no lag either.

The only negative is on the foxsat default there is no button to get to recorded stuff, but reprogramming the list button which is unused in foxsat mode is a breeze.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants