logitech harmony advice pleaseeee

Found 2nd Dec 2009
im considering buying a logitech harmony controller but need some advice.

i am not willing to spend the 80-120 pounds for the harmony one, its just too much money and is out of my budget. i have been looking at past deals and was just wondering if these remotes are worth the money and which is better?

logitech harmony 555 - £49.99 @ amazon
amazon.co.uk/Log…1-4

or

logitech harmony 758 - £64.99 @ amazon
amazon.co.uk/Log…1-7

any help would be appreciated, thanks

11 Comments

You can't beat it with others. I have the Harmony One and it is very upgradable through the PC. Alas its in my office now not used. (No I don't want to sell it for £50 I am just going to keep it in its charger.

Original Poster

gr8h8me;7080663

You can't beat it with others. I have the Harmony One and it is very … You can't beat it with others. I have the Harmony One and it is very upgradable through the PC. Alas its in my office now not used. (No I don't want to sell it for £50 I am just going to keep it in its charger.

would you recommend logitech as a brand? im not interested in the one, just something more in my price range and cant really tell the diff with those two

Yes, get one, you wont regret it

P.S. im placing a bet that you will upgrade to a ONE within 12 months of purchasing one of the lower models :thumbsup:

But to be fair, they are all great at what they do.

Ive had a 555, 885 and now have a ONE

Original Poster

out of the two which would you recommend? do you know of any good deals? i dont think i need a one though as its for my bedroom. if your that sure i will get a one i may just wait for a good deal...

Original Poster

does anyone own any of those two remotes and does anyone own the ps3 adapter too? what do you think of them?

thanks for the help

Can you control anything through them? I have an AV Amp remote with 56 buttons on, surely it won't do all of those?

Original Poster

well apparently you can set the buttons on there to do whatever u need but no i dont think it has 56 buttons, i only need one to control my hifi, ps3, tv, surround sound. so i dont know which one out of the 2 too buy. maybe the more expensive models would be able to cater to your needs. seen some nifty touch screen ones

sancho1983;7083000

Can you control anything through them? I have an AV Amp remote with 56 … Can you control anything through them? I have an AV Amp remote with 56 buttons on, surely it won't do all of those?

Yes, it will

Map all your most commonly used buttons to "hard" buttons. Map the rest to "soft" buttons

Having said that, you dont need to have all the buttons set up, the remote revolves around activities...basically macros for different functions

i.e. i have an activity that is called Play Xbox 360

I press it, it turns on my amp, sets it to optical input, turns on my optical switchers, sets its to correct input, turns on TV, sets it to RGB and finally turns on my 360. (it also turns everything else not used in that activity off if you so wisi)

Original Poster

hey jaybird, would you recommend the 555? and is the 758 worth the extra £15? any help would be appreciated. im clueless!

jat_r;7084890

hey jaybird, would you recommend the 555? and is the 758 worth the extra … hey jaybird, would you recommend the 555? and is the 758 worth the extra £15? any help would be appreciated. im clueless!

I think on the face of it, either will suit your needs.

if you want a colour screen, go for the 758, if not, the 555 will be fine

Original Poster

JayBird;7091267

I think on the face of it, either will suit your needs.if you want a … I think on the face of it, either will suit your needs.if you want a colour screen, go for the 758, if not, the 555 will be fine

thank you for your advice, rep added
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Looking for advice on ESP8266 microcontroller project36
    2. Buying Christmas tree after Christmas67
    3. Do I need fabric conditioner?67
    4. How much should fitting bathroom cost713

See more discussions