Logitech harmony one help with AV settings

Found 29th Jul
am unsure how to set up the Harmony one in a case where the TV remembers what AV channel it shut down on and will continue to be on that.
So if I shutdown after watching SKY QMini on HDMI1 and I tunr on the TV again it will be on HDMI1, If I shut down on NvidiaShield on HDMI3 and turn on TV again it will be on HDMI3.
TV is a Currys TV called Seizo SO32HD01UK
in order to change the AV channel I need to press "Source" and then either "Left Direction" or "Right Direction" and then "OK/Select" to choose it.
I am unsure on how to make this work so if anyone has any suggestions on how to do it I would really apreciate it.
Thanks in advance
Community Updates
6 Comments
Only reason I'm doing this is because I got the elite with hub on prime day, and the old one remote to be moved to bedroom. But it's doing my nut in
Have you tried setting up various "Activities"?
Set one for watching Sky - Switch on TV (using HDMI 1), switch on Sky box.
Set another for watching Shield - Switch on TV (using HDMI 3), switch on Shield.
etc.
Using the Activities is fairly straight forward, once you've added all your devices.
It just asks which devices you'd like to switch on, which connections to use and which device controls the volume.
This seems to be the easiest way to switch between your devices, instead of altering the Source etc.
You can customise the order things switch on at and also add delays too.

It's also possible to set it, so if you're switching between Activities, a device of your choosing doesn't switch off.
But only switches off when you press the Off button, to shut everything down.

If I've missed your point, I'm sorry.
I have set up as you have explained. However I can't turn the TV on a select a particular source. When it turns on the default source is what it's turned off under, remote does not appear to remember that from what I can find.
I've never used a Harmony remote, but just thinking.

When I press number 1 on my normal tv remote it will default back to the old terrestrial tv source on channel one.

Could you not program the remote to press channel 1, and then you would know what source it would be on, so can then get it to change it.

Not sure if that would work on a newer TV That doesn't have the old terrestrial channels tho
Edited by: "Bob24601" 30th Jul
Bob2460125 m ago

I've never used a Harmony remote, but just thinking.When I press number 1 …I've never used a Harmony remote, but just thinking.When I press number 1 on my normal tv remote it will default back to the old terrestrial tv source on channel one.Could you not program the remote to press channel 1, and then you would know what source it would be on, so can then get it to change it.Not sure if that would work on a newer TV That doesn't have the old terrestrial channels tho

Not a bad shout. Will try that later see if that works.
Original TV remote done not have number buttons! How stupid is that. But I will still try and use your idea Bob somehow
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants