Logitech MX Master 3, worst mouse on the market?

Posted 16th Jun 2020
Ordered the mouse as I needed one that had both Bluetooth for my MacBook but also worked with a dongle for my work computer. Arrived today and found that the scroll wheel renders the mouse useless. Both ‘scrolling modes’ stutter - struggle to move through a 5 page pdf. My £15 Sandstrom mouse worked 10 times better.

Anyone looking to buy this mouse, definitely avoid it! Mines going straight back to Logitech.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good Bluetooth mouse that can work both with and without a dongle?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
the mouse is great, but scrolling is poor, even switching the click on doesn't seem to help. wouldn't buy another for this reason.
mds125616/06/2020 16:30

the mouse is great, but scrolling is poor, even switching the click on …the mouse is great, but scrolling is poor, even switching the click on doesn't seem to help. wouldn't buy another for this reason.

I found it frustrating after 5 mins use. Gonna send it back and maybe go for the M590?
vivian26516/06/2020 16:31

I found it frustrating after 5 mins use. Gonna send it back and maybe go …I found it frustrating after 5 mins use. Gonna send it back and maybe go for the M590?

I've also got the M330 but it was bought for a specific reason (silent mouse when i'm doing screencasting) and that was like £15 on an Amazon special deal a while a go, the scroll wheel is 10x better than the MX Master 3. Cannot comment on the M590 as never used one of them.
Edited by: "mds1256" 16th Jun
I have the M720, its absolutly fantastic.
killer_cob16/06/2020 16:39

I have the M720, its absolutly fantastic.

I’m thinking of trying that but it looks as though it used to be a lot cheaper than it is now
Is this a fault with the scroll or is it something you need to adjust in the mouse settings ? I would email their support for help. Cant be right.
josephobrien200016/06/2020 18:30

Is this a fault with the scroll or is it something you need to adjust in …Is this a fault with the scroll or is it something you need to adjust in the mouse settings ? I would email their support for help. Cant be right.

After a quick google, it seemed a lot of people have experienced this issue. Hope it’s only with the MX series and none of the other Logitech mice
I've got the original MX Master and the Master 2, partly because of their great scrolling. I can't imagine they made the MX 3 worse. I would definitely contact support to check.
Does disabling smooth scroll help ? It was something suggested here.....

support.logi.com/hc/…sue
Post a comment
@
    Text