Found 22nd Aug 2008
Has anyone else got a logitech wireless laser mouse where the scroll wheel just stops working now and again, its really anoying.I have latest drivers/software, is it just me?

10 Comments

:thumbsup:No, I haven't, but... have you tried cleaning the ball? The build up of **** is surprising. (sorry if I've stated the obvious!?) You never know!

the OP has stated that its a laser mouse there for it dose not have a ball its a laser

I have a VX Revolution with this problem.
It's because the rubber around the scroll wheel stretches, which interferes with the scrolling mechanism.

What you need to do is:

Slice the rubber ring with a small craft knife.
Cafefully pull the rubber away from the wheel.
Slice off about 1-2mm off the rubber and reapply to the mouse wheel.
Use Superglue to stick the wheel back together.

(I have had 2 VX Revolutions and both of them have had this problem. As far as I know, Logitech aren't in any hurry to correct this problem, but they will give you a replacement if it's warrantied)

chazzz;2797313

the OP has stated that its a laser mouse there for it dose not have a … the OP has stated that its a laser mouse there for it dose not have a ball its a laser

Thanks for pointing that out Chazz, like I said, I don't have one so don't know how different they are. :oops:

Well, older mice use balls and moving mechanisms to track movement, however, optical and laser use light beams to track movement (in a sense).

When you say the wheel stops working, Is it jamming or is it just not scrolling?

The reason I ask is, you mention you have the latest drivers, Logitech are a bunch of numpties when it comes to testing their updates, the amount of problems I have had with latest drivers causing strange problems, I would possibly try (if the rubber wheel isn't sticking) installing an older driver for the mouse.

As an after thought (this is again providing the wheel isn't sticking) are you using Mac or a PC?

Original Poster

its a pc mate with vista.Ill have to try and find some older drivers.I really like the mouse but now and again the scroll wheel stops scrollimg or the back and forward click buttons stop working,then ill have to keep messing about with settings and it will work again.Does sound like drivers ill have to have a look for older ones

pughy2000;2799879

its a pc mate with vista.Ill have to try and find some older drivers.I … its a pc mate with vista.Ill have to try and find some older drivers.I really like the mouse but now and again the scroll wheel stops scrollimg or the back and forward click buttons stop working,then ill have to keep messing about with settings and it will work again.Does sound like drivers ill have to have a look for older ones

I have got the MX1000, the previous laser to the revolution, its a great mouse, nice and heavy loads of functions.

Did an update about 8 months ago, damn thing wouldn't recognise half the buttons, rolled back the driver. 2months later new one out updated that... whole mouse not recognised.

Try the original driver that came with the mouse, if that works then you know its a driver issue, then its just a case of searching the web for older drivers

Original Poster

windows would not let me roll back a driver however i checked in the logitech software settings and the scroll wheel was on but if the go into the pointer settings the scroll was set to zero, i put it on 3 now its ok again till the next time haha

pughy2000;2801975

windows would not let me roll back a driver however i checked in the … windows would not let me roll back a driver however i checked in the logitech software settings and the scroll wheel was on but if the go into the pointer settings the scroll was set to zero, i put it on 3 now its ok again till the next time haha

You will excuse me whilst I point and laugh at you... just a little :-D ;-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 43 inch 4k tv that is uhd 10bit58
    2. Foo fighters presale code.1110
    3. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.33
    4. Lost snipping tool on windows 10 laptop48

See more discussions