Groups
    EXPIRED

Logitech Z-2300 2.1 speakers

These are going for about £85-100 range, would anyone recommend any other system over this out of interest? In this kind of price range of course.

10 Comments

Original Poster

bump .

Original Poster

final shameless bump.

If you are going to spend that amount on pc speakers I would pay a little more and purchase a 5.1 system. If you only want 2.1 then I would purchase the Logitech X-230 Speakers, don't be fooled by the cheap price, for the money they are fantastic. I have owned a set for a year and have just upgraded to Logitec Z680 5.1 Speakers (similar to Logitech Z-5500) and I'm convinced I prefer the X-230s even though they are 2.1.

Original Poster

are the x230s very bassy or not?

They are quite bassy but all the Logitech subs I have used are.

Original Poster

are THX certfied speakers overrated then?

The ones I mentioned are the cheapest 2.1 THX ones, 5.1 versions are £200.

These have great reviews everwhere, been looking at them myself and am waiting to take the plunge best price i think is ]ebuyer £89.92 [£79.92 using £10 off with google Checkout] but they are out of stock at the moment :-(
    Hope this helps ;-)

Original Poster

I took your recommendation and purchased X-230s. These seem to have 5 star ratings as well. The clinch for me was following up a review on cnet which said it was hard to tell the difference between these ones and Altec Lansing £80 ones.

I can quite afford £80 but kinda feel a little jipped if there are £25 speakers that perform almost if not the same as top end 2.1 systems!

Thanks for the google checkout tip off, I almost got the X-230 from there too, adding a few quid more to the cart to make it £30 but realised I got amazon vouchers to use

Let us know how you get on with the X-230's :thumbsup:

can u use these with a xbox 360
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Now tv entertainment passes11
      2. Best laptop for a budget of £700?22
      3. CAR QUESTION: Difference Between Lexus IS300 and Lexus IS300h?410
      4. Good Sim only deals??59

See more discussions