Logitech Z906 - Can the sound be enabled through all speakers?

Posted 19th Mar 2016
I purchased the Logitech z906 from the lighting deal yesterday and I have issues playing sound through all the speakers.

I have connected the speakers to my U2515h monitor using a RCA to the sub and 3.5mm to the monitor.

I also tried to connect the speakers using the 3 3.5mm outputs on subs directly into my desktop and configuring sub, front & rear speakers as I connect each 3.5mm to my desktop.

I am using the 3D sound effect mode on the Logitech which states that all speakers should be used.

The other speakers do definitely work but don't seem to be enabled.

The trouble I am having is that two of the rear speakers do not produce sound, whatever I play music, video or play through Youtube. I even conducted a 5.1 test through Youtube which did not work.

Only the center, fronts & sub produce sound.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for all replies.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

55 Comments
MIDURIX

You keep miss reading somewhere. Green is audio out from pcBlue and pink … You keep miss reading somewhere. Green is audio out from pcBlue and pink are both audio in to the pc.So you should only have 1 working as an output of sound from pc to speakers.If two are working then really all three should be able to.A separate sound card would be plugged in by pci. If the inputs are near the built in usb, vga, dvi etc it is just motherboard sound, if it is a separate pci soundcard then it will use the expansion slots lower down like a graphics card or separate network cardRear of pc case with bottom and top expansion slots unused and other two in use by soundcard and network card (with antenna ).

I'm really sorry if i'm being an idiot.

Yes I think it's all cleared - sound is only coming out from the green one.

I will therefore need a separate soundcard - please could you recommend one?

Here is my current PC

amazon.co.uk/gp/…s00

EDIT - I have just read the updated replies - only 1 port is giving a sound output? (the green one)
Edited by: "mushi1989" 19th Mar 2016
mushi1989

I'm really sorry if i'm being an idiot. Yes I think it's all cleared - … I'm really sorry if i'm being an idiot. Yes I think it's all cleared - sound is only coming out from the green one. I will therefore need a separate soundcard - please could you recommend one? Here is my current PChttp://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006DF6B0O?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Look above. Your motherboard can definitely do 8.1 sound. I thought those picture of the MSI software were posted by someone else. That shows that each port can select whatever you tell it to do, or it might even be able to select them by itself.
Just make sure in Windows that when you right click on the volume icon and go on playback device and then go on something like configure that 5.1 is selected.
MIDURIX

Look above. Your motherboard can definitely do 8.1 sound. I thought those … Look above. Your motherboard can definitely do 8.1 sound. I thought those picture of the MSI software were posted by someone else. That shows that each port can select whatever you tell it to do, or it might even be able to select them by itself.Just make sure in Windows that when you right click on the volume icon and go on playback device and then go on something like configure that 5.1 is selected.

I'm getting closer, thanks for all your help (and kester's) thus far.

When I click on playback device it is set up as 5.1. When I click on test the sound works when sent to the front two speakers. When it tests the other two or the subwoofer it does not work/play a sound.
Why don't you unplug everything and try just the green from the speakers plugged into the pink of the computer and see if you can setup the pink in the MSI software to get any sound.
MIDURIX

Why don't you unplug everything and try just the green from the speakers … Why don't you unplug everything and try just the green from the speakers plugged into the pink of the computer and see if you can setup the pink in the MSI software to get any sound.

Which shall I select when it asks me 'Which device did you plug in?' (linein, mic in, front speaker out, rear speaker out,centre/subwoofer or side speaker out)

Thanks

EDIT - IT WORKED!!!!! I'm getting sound from all speakers when I select headphones! Is this the right result....?
Edited by: "mushi1989" 19th Mar 2016
mushi1989

Which shall I select when it asks me 'Which device did you plug in?' … Which shall I select when it asks me 'Which device did you plug in?' (linein, mic in, front speaker out, rear speaker out,centre/subwoofer or side speaker out)Thanks

​you connect the front to front, centre to centre and surround to surround. The sub will get it's input from the front speakers input
mushi1989

Which shall I select when it asks me 'Which device did you plug in?' … Which shall I select when it asks me 'Which device did you plug in?' (linein, mic in, front speaker out, rear speaker out,centre/subwoofer or side speaker out)Thanks

Anything but a line in one. Go for front speaker out.
mushi1989

Which shall I select when it asks me 'Which device did you plug in?' … Which shall I select when it asks me 'Which device did you plug in?' (linein, mic in, front speaker out, rear speaker out,centre/subwoofer or side speaker out)ThanksEDIT - IT WORKED!!!!! I'm getting sound from all speakers when I select headphones! Is this the right result....?

How many cables are in use?
MIDURIX

How many cables are in use?

Green cable to Pink input and then I selected headphones. (I clicked through each option to test)
mushi1989

Green cable to Pink input and then I selected headphones. (I clicked … Green cable to Pink input and then I selected headphones. (I clicked through each option to test)

That means stereo output from pc is being sent to speakers and speakers are converting to surround. So that's good that pink works, but a long way from what you want it to be setup as. You sure when you had green to green, pink to pink and blue to blue or whatever that you have the logitech control thing setup right. I would plug everything back in properly one at a time and make sure you set them all up bang on with MSI thing, then play around with logitech settings too.
should work ok.
MIDURIX

That means stereo output from pc is being sent to speakers and speakers … That means stereo output from pc is being sent to speakers and speakers are converting to surround. So that's good that pink works, but a long way from what you want it to be setup as. You sure when you had green to green, pink to pink and blue to blue or whatever that you have the logitech control thing setup right. I would plug everything back in properly one at a time and make sure you set them all up bang on with MSI thing, then play around with logitech settings too.

Yes i'm 100% sure it's the same settings as I have not touched the settings on Logitech after I set it to 3d sound.

I will have a play around, and might pm you in the future if that is ok?

I really do appreciate your help, especially on a Saturday night when i'm sure you would have had much better things to do!

Many thanks and keep it up, you have made my day today.
kester76

should work ok.

Many thanks for your invaluable help today, much appreciated.
kester76

​you connect the front to front, centre to centre and surround to s … ​you connect the front to front, centre to centre and surround to surround. The sub will get it's input from the front speakers input

My bad, centre/subwoofer
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants