Groups

lol

Banned
    I'm sat on the lappy whilst my eldest boy plays on the wii, he gives me a running commentary on what Kung Fu panda is doing, and how much awesomeness he has.

I'm very much a southern softy and was raised in the officers quarters on an RAF base so had a lot of posh people (I'm far from that myself) around me to learn how to speak. My accent can include anything from scottish to cornish, but as I now live in Yorkshire I have what is known as a posh accent around these parts.

My boy has picked up the same accent as I have, but yesterday my mate came over for a beer or 2 and he has a strong yorkshire accent. My 6 year old is still imitatating him today, its so funny.

Describe your accent to me, ya never know my boy might imitate you

23 Comments

Mine is a burnley/lancashire accent. ''Going t' town for a pint.'' ''

a mix between scouse and geordie lol

I'm sat on the lappy

Hope you don't break it!

Middle English, though some think I have an Irish accent.

lyndsbowes;3116888

That would be a cracking accent.

Russ Abbott on Acid! :w00t: (when he played the mad see you Jimmy Scottish guy)

allright old buttt, you betttterr nottt, south glawster

Meadsy4742;3116927

That would be a cracking accent.

thx :oops: my poor kids are a bit the same too but to mix it all up even more, my hubby's mum is irish and mines bristolian :w00t:

Original Poster Banned

Meadsy4742;3116876

Mine is a burnley/lancashire accent. ''Going t' town for a pint.'' ''

Eh lad, I had my stag night in Burnley, amazing club there.

Original Poster Banned

lyndsbowes;3116888

I'm trying to imagine that

Original Poster Banned

Predikuesi;3116889

Hope you don't break it! :)Middle English, though some think I have an … Hope you don't break it! :)Middle English, though some think I have an Irish accent.

Would with my weight. Ah be jesus, top o t morning to ya

Original Poster Banned

rehydrated;3116930

Russ Abbott on Acid! :w00t: (when he played the mad see you Jimmy … Russ Abbott on Acid! :w00t: (when he played the mad see you Jimmy Scottish guy)

Cooooooooooooooool, so impressed :giggle:

Original Poster Banned

lyndsbowes;3116946

thx :oops: my poor kids are a bit the same too but to mix it all up even … thx :oops: my poor kids are a bit the same too but to mix it all up even more, my hubby's mum is irish and mines bristolian :w00t:

Ahhhh bristol. No way into the place.......and no way out either :roll;

Foosball Chum;3116996

lol.... i don't like it much.... sorry if i offend anyone

Foosball Chum;3116996

I am from Belfast but have lived in zummerzet for 18 years. Still have a Belfast accent but its somewhat soter than it used to be!

Kids though! My wifes half French, half Greman, so with that my babes are 1/2 Irish, 1/4 German, 1/4 French and living in Wurzels country!

What chance do they stand I ask you?

:-D

Original Poster Banned

lyndsbowes;3117020

lol.... i don't like it much.... sorry if i offend anyone

I tried going through bristol once to get to bath. I past the juction I needed, then about 50 yards after the junction was a signpost directing me to take that juction. Took me 3/4 of an hour to work out how to get back to that point on the one way system. The place is beyond belief. That and leeds is the worst 2 places to navigate through

you know what my accent is like

Foosball Chum;3117064

I tried going through bristol once to get to bath. I past the juction I … I tried going through bristol once to get to bath. I past the juction I needed, then about 50 yards after the junction was a signpost directing me to take that juction. Took me 3/4 of an hour to work out how to get back to that point on the one way system. The place is beyond belief. That and leeds is the worst 2 places to navigate through

lol yeah my mum (the one from bristol) got stuck the same in leeds when she was on her way from lpool to north east to visit me. what should have taken her 3hrs tops took her nearly 5hrs!!!

Foosball Chum;3117064

I tried going through bristol once to get to bath. I past the juction I … I tried going through bristol once to get to bath. I past the juction I needed, then about 50 yards after the junction was a signpost directing me to take that juction. Took me 3/4 of an hour to work out how to get back to that point on the one way system. The place is beyond belief. That and leeds is the worst 2 places to navigate through

Been to Bristol umpteen times. Never entered or exited the city the same way twice! Its a nightmare to drive through, but a nice enough city!

And Congrats Bitsey on 7K!

Original Poster Banned

WantOne;3117058

I am from Belfast but have lived in zummerzet for 18 years. Still have a … I am from Belfast but have lived in zummerzet for 18 years. Still have a Belfast accent but its somewhat soter than it used to be!Kids though! My wifes half French, half Greman, so with that my babes are 1/2 Irish, 1/4 German, 1/4 French and living in Wurzels country! What chance do they stand I ask you?:-D

I think they may well be bullied at school.....poor kids :roll:

Original Poster Banned

lyndsbowes;3117107

lol yeah my mum (the one from bristol) got stuck the same in leeds when … lol yeah my mum (the one from bristol) got stuck the same in leeds when she was on her way from lpool to north east to visit me. what should have taken her 3hrs tops took her nearly 5hrs!!!

There is a famous sign in Leeds, that denotes the way to continue along the ring road. It leads to a dead end, and into the most notorious rough area in leeds where if you stop for any reason, you could get shot, stabbed, or at the very least have yer hubcaps knicked :lol:

Original Poster Banned

WantOne;3117112

Been to Bristol umpteen times. Never entered or exited the city the same … Been to Bristol umpteen times. Never entered or exited the city the same way twice! Its a nightmare to drive through, but a nice enough city!And Congrats Bitsey on 7K!

:lol: yeah you kind of feel that when you enter you are destined never to return

Banned

'The Cream of Manchester' is the advertising slogan for Boddington's, used to great effect in print and on television.

One memorable advert included a man chasing an ice-cream van across a desert only to be offered a pint by the gorgeous vendor - model, Melanie Sykes - along with the classic line spoken in a broad Manchester dialect, 'Do you want a flake in that, love?'

Original Poster Banned

DLM;3117380

'The Cream of Manchester' is the advertising slogan for Boddington's, … 'The Cream of Manchester' is the advertising slogan for Boddington's, used to great effect in print and on television. One memorable advert included a man chasing an ice-cream van across a desert only to be offered a pint by the gorgeous vendor - model, Melanie Sykes - along with the classic line spoken in a broad Manchester dialect, 'Do you want a flake in that, love?'

Cool :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4492109
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35194
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846346
      4. What is there free to do in your town?2443

See more discussions