Lol Surprise Dolls.

Found 18th Dec 2017
It being almost Xmas I won't mention the Donald or Brexit in this post

I know I'm getting old but the Lol Surprise Doll craze is rather daft. In my day our crazes were much better
Community Updates
Misc
25 Comments
At least they were cheap and gave hours of fun unlike those won’t even give them the dignity of using their name.

What what was the craze in your day clackers, hoop and stick, rubic cube or expensive computers with tape decks which took an age to load a game and then gave an error.
Original Poster
eslick25 m ago

At least they were cheap and gave hours of fun unlike those won’t even g …At least they were cheap and gave hours of fun unlike those won’t even give them the dignity of using their name. What what was the craze in your day clackers, hoop and stick, rubic cube or expensive computers with tape decks which took an age to load a game and then gave an error.

I was a child of the 70s.
RedLozzer8 m ago

I was a child of the 70s.

So all of the above then
"It being almost Xmas I won't mention the Donald or Brexit in this post "
But you did

32809892.jpg
Edited by: "tregs" 18th Dec 2017
I think I'm probably the only one on the planet who doesn't actually know what this lol surprise is all about!
partly because only having a boy, I see girlie and keep walking.
Called LOL dolls because of the price!
Whatever happened to pass the parcel with a bit of newspaper?
tregs18 m ago

"It being almost Xmas I won't mention the Donald or Brexit in this post …"It being almost Xmas I won't mention the Donald or Brexit in this post "But you did [Image]

I think the OP has lost the plot
Kids are dumb it's the parents that actually buy this junk are the dumbest.
Toptrumpet1 h, 6 m ago

Called LOL dolls because of the price! Whatever happened to pass the …Called LOL dolls because of the price! Whatever happened to pass the parcel with a bit of newspaper?

Too many trees died.
It’s the youtubers that create all the hype over the crap toys. LOL dolls haven’t been advertised on TV (in the UK anyway). The kids watch people open tons of these on you tube and want them.

f course what the kids don’t realise is that the YouTuber was sent a free carton of the things to make a video and advertise them. Also the YouTube people always get the rare / limited edition toys because the company makes sure if it.
We got a couple of them for free in the summer when they were handing thrm out at Westfield.

Didn't understand them one bit, no play value, left em in a park.

In my day we had ponies, turtles, and poly pocket. Bring back proper poly pocket that was a better idea
pumpkinette6 h, 0 m ago

It’s the youtubers that create all the hype over the crap toys. LOL dolls h …It’s the youtubers that create all the hype over the crap toys. LOL dolls haven’t been advertised on TV (in the UK anyway). The kids watch people open tons of these on you tube and want them.f course what the kids don’t realise is that the YouTuber was sent a free carton of the things to make a video and advertise them. Also the YouTube people always get the rare / limited edition toys because the company makes sure if it.

If it wasn't for YouTube i wouldn't have realised there was a turtles cartoon that had designs very close to the original and that blind bags of them were available. YouTube also saved me standing in asda feeling them all to see whats inside as someone had figured out each bag had a different barcode per character.

Lego blind bags are easy to identify, I'm used to feeling them in the shops, I'm 100% accurate. If something is in a blind box or something with no way to tell i will not buy them tho
pumpkinette6 h, 48 m ago

It’s the youtubers that create all the hype over the crap toys. LOL dolls h …It’s the youtubers that create all the hype over the crap toys. LOL dolls haven’t been advertised on TV (in the UK anyway). The kids watch people open tons of these on you tube and want them.f course what the kids don’t realise is that the YouTuber was sent a free carton of the things to make a video and advertise them. Also the YouTube people always get the rare / limited edition toys because the company makes sure if it.

Best to have the kids avoid youtube. It isn't clear to them what is marketing, what is fake, it seems very realistic in a way that is different to a TV programme.

There are many videos based around just selling, telling youngsters about a product almost knowing they have no sense of perspective about what they are seeing.
pumpkinette7 h, 6 m ago

Litterally just read this thread and saw advertising from smyths toys for this LOL surprise. Never seen it before now either. Overpriced and after the fun of opening it funs over. All the little dolls and clothes get either left in a box to never be played with again or they leave them on the floor for parents to stand on the bloody things when trying to tidy them. So glad i have 2 boys.
Its basically an expensive lucky bag then is it?
It is an expensive blind bag. My two daughters love them and are constantly playing with them though, so I don’t mind buying the odd one for them.
no clue what this was so googled
Original Poster
eslick19 h, 44 m ago

So all of the above then

Rubik cubes no
Original Poster
tregs19 h, 35 m ago

"It being almost Xmas I won't mention the Donald or Brexit in this post …"It being almost Xmas I won't mention the Donald or Brexit in this post "But you did [Image]

Touché
Original Poster
Predikuesi19 h, 18 m ago

I think the OP has lost the plot

I lost my previous post hence this post
Original Poster
pumpkinette15 h, 29 m ago

YouTube is changing the way kids see new toys.....
Original Poster
groenleader8 h, 42 m ago

Best to have the kids avoid youtube. It isn't clear to them what is …Best to have the kids avoid youtube. It isn't clear to them what is marketing, what is fake, it seems very realistic in a way that is different to a TV programme. There are many videos based around just selling, telling youngsters about a product almost knowing they have no sense of perspective about what they are seeing.

Agree totally
Original Poster
SSGC8 h, 30 m ago

Litterally just read this thread and saw advertising from smyths toys for …Litterally just read this thread and saw advertising from smyths toys for this LOL surprise. Never seen it before now either. Overpriced and after the fun of opening it funs over. All the little dolls and clothes get either left in a box to never be played with again or they leave them on the floor for parents to stand on the bloody things when trying to tidy them. So glad i have 2 boys.

Parents have always always been pressurised to buy crap by their kids. Nowadays the crap is becoming more expensive and their interest will only last for a few days. Shopkins is a prime example.
Pro-Yos were all the craze back in my days. And Scamps the dog
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions