Groups

Lol - where would this leave you?

Banned
    Crackin story.

My friends mum lays flowers on her ex's grave (my mates dad) on the Anniversary of his death each year. She has since re- married as this happened 6 years ago, so is now with this new guy (mates step dad) but this year it has split them up

He has been offered work abroad for 6 months and she won't go because it would mean missing visiting grave/laying flowers down.

Time she moved on don't you think?!?

19 Comments

No chance of flying back for a couple of days?

losing someone through death is not quite the same as splitting up with someone, its respect for the lost and also her son's father
    Edited by: "Alfonse" 18th Apr 2011

Original Poster Banned

Starr

No chance of flying back for a couple of days?

Yeah i guess, only heard what I was told earlier was trying to be serious but at the same time didn't really know what to say ..

I just put myself in the current guys position can see why maybe it has frustrated him but also understand her reasons.

Just thought what an odd situation!

Banned

dig them up, have them cremated and carry everywhere in an urn, problem solved

Does she get frisky at the grave? He'll probably be all stiff.!!!

You dont need to visit a patch of earth to remember someone. Carry their memory inside you.

by ex do you mean they split up, or ex because he had died and she then re married

He's better off without her

Original Poster Banned

Peterdj41

by ex do you mean they split up, or ex because he had died and she then … by ex do you mean they split up, or ex because he had died and she then re married

Ex because he is dead.

interflora deliver

blimey, hope you're all this pleasant about your own fathers death

DangerGod

Ex because he is dead.

If he hadnt died then chances are she wouldnt be with this new guy, it would be annoying for him/ anyone but he has to understand that he wasnt her first true love.

Banned

Alfonse

blimey, hope you're all this pleasant about your own fathers death

i was like this with my own near death, so anyone else has no chance

You can still be respectful to the dead without being disrespectful to your new partner. If she wasnt ready to move on she shouldnt have re married
    Edited by: "pinkleponkle" 18th Apr 2011

wow clingy bitch

Perhaps she could get someone else to leave flowers on her behalf.

its probably due to the fact that it is a time when she remembers the relationship and at the grave is the only place she feels some sort of closeness.....

Its hard to say really what they should do, if she has done it for 6 years since being married then the guy cant stop her doing it now......

If it's really important to her why can't she just come home for a day or two at the right time.
    On the other hand the new partner should surely try to understand that its clearly still painful for her and she wants to pay her respects. If he's insensitive to her feelings maybe he's not the right person for her.
    Give and take bothways.

I wonder what she'd do if this husband died on the same date, but abroad.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?31122
      2. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October12
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?34215
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …110234

See more discussions