Found 1st Nov 2016
Im off to London on Friday for 8 nights to celebrate my boyfriends Birthday.

Any suggestions for a good restaurant to celebrate his birthday? Italian or Steakhouse would be nice. We are staying in Kensington to give you an idea.....

6 Comments

Jamie's Italian is good. We went to the one at Piccadilly for my birthday 2 weeks ago on a Saturday night for my bday weekend in London. Join the gold club and you get a free bottle of prosecco for your bday. They also came out with a free brownie with a candle in it. There's a bar downstairs too with great cocktails. We ended up there all night. You'll need to book in advance. Very reasonably priced too. Consistently good meals.

The paternoster grill in St. Paul's is good too. It's where first dates is recorded.

STK is awesome - try a weeknight as they do deals, there presentation and flavours are great. Hawksmoor is good for steaks too...

I visit London quite a bit with my other half and customers and use a really good website called toptable to find new and interesting places

As you are in Kensington, there are plenty of eateries there without the expense of going to the City or the West End.

As a PS, if you are a HUKD regular and love your bargains (and plan to go sightseeing) you can get Quidco discounts on the Shard. I would always recommend going on the Transport for London boat on the Thames up to the Millenium Dome, across the river via the Emirates cable car and then back into London by the DLR.

Anyway I am no doubt boring you now so... have fun! (also check Tripadvisor for Kensington / Earls Court / Paddington restaurants)

I have just had a quick look and Olives Restaurant and bar (in Kensington) have a great couple of offers.

hixrestaurants.co.uk/res…ts/ for amazing steaks been to the Soho branch one of my favourite restaurant's
https://leoniecumiskey.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/mark-hix-tramshed.jpg

if your on a budget and want good steak try flat iron several branches and best value steak in London imho

http://cdn.ltstatic.com/2015/November/CC514781_942long.jpg

Edited by: "mattmerch" 2nd Nov 2016

We went last weekend and visited patara in soho, Thai food so may not be what you're looking for. Very nice environment, and lovely service. Enjoy your London trip!!

Flat iron for steak is great value, otherwise Zelman meats in Soho is a step up and really good steak. If you are looking for amazing Italian, Bocca di Lupo in Soho is really good but a bit pricey (would still highly recommend), as is Cafe Murano
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57582
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!44
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle813
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22

See more discussions