Found 18th Dec 2009
any1 goin to london to watch fireworks display on new yrs eve thinkin bout it. like where could i stay and for how much

1. Misc
  2. London
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. London
12 Comments

The last 2 years ive been going have been TOTAL MADNESS. I wont go again too many people.

and its too cold!

Yes i will be there watching from my balcony birds eye over looking the river & eye in the warm drinking JD :-D

Meh, i don't like fireworks, just a waste of money.

would be far too busy for me. and most hotels close to the event will be full months ago so transport would be a nightmare.

My OH went a few years ago and his little sister was separated from the rest of the family by a policeman when the police decided to direct traffic towards another tube station to disperse crowds. She was 12 at the time and it scared her to death.

Depending on weather and wind you might end up in the smoke unable to see anything anyway.

would rather watch them on the telly in the warmth.

Get some chinese flying lanterns and start a forest fire much more fun and warmer too!

does ny1 no wen the undergrounds finish on the night?

storysacks;7272381

would be far too busy for me. and most hotels close to the event will be … would be far too busy for me. and most hotels close to the event will be full months ago so transport would be a nightmare.My OH went a few years ago and his little sister was separated from the rest of the family by a policeman when the police decided to direct traffic towards another tube station to disperse crowds. She was 12 at the time and it scared her to death.Depending on weather and wind you might end up in the smoke unable to see anything anyway.would rather watch them on the telly in the warmth.

I live there and i see the crowds the crush the drunks the cold its just not worth it you are right.

Banned

ash90;7272497

does ny1 no wen the undergrounds finish on the night?

from tfl
Tube, DLR, tram and selected National
Rail services in Greater London will run
all night on New Year’s Eve. Night and
24 hour bus routes will run as normal,
but there will be a reduction in bus
services leaving central London from
around 1900 to around 0300, because
of road closures. There will be free
travel on all journeys from 2345 until
0430 on the Tube, DLR, buses and trams

LOL at coming back on the tubes its madness, not too bad though the fireworks just wrap up warm

Original Poster

think i give it a miss now thanks all

mango850;7273247

think i give it a miss now thanks all

Very wise
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…99
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75863
    3. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55

See more discussions