Groups

London Marathon 2008 - Which Charity?

Just received my "Acceptance" letter from the organisers so looks like I will be running the London Marathon on Sunday 13th April 2008 - anyone else?

I have run the London Marathon twice before, once for Dreams Come True charity, and once for the British Heart Foundation. I want to run for charity again this time, but not sure what charity to run for.

Any suggestions??

5 Comments

Fair play to you....i won't be running,I get breathless just watching!:giggle:

Why don't you choose a local charity,one that will benefit the community where you live,one that doesn't have the funds to heavily campaign etc.

Or is there a particular charity close to your heart(for me it would be mental health due to my brother living with schizophrenia)

Fair play to you erics.

Whenever I've done a charity event my money is always split between BLISS & BonnieBabies

Both are charities for special baby care and premature babies - I was 8 weeks prem & my sister was 12. They do a wonderful job for those who have the least chances of survival. Shame these always seem overlooked by Cancer & BHF etc etc.

bonniebabies.co.uk/
    bliss.org.uk/

how about one of the kids cancer charities, and all respect to you.

Original Poster

muckypup

Why don't you choose a local charity,one that will benefit the community … Why don't you choose a local charity,one that will benefit the community where you live,one that doesn't have the funds to heavily campaign etc.

I thought that at first, but I suspect doing this will cut down the sponsorship I could raise as I don't work anywhere near where I live (so work collegues would be less inclined to give I would guess:thinking: ), and many of my family live a few 100 (and some a few thousand) miles from where I live, so they same would go for them.

If I ever get round to running it (after several successful half marathons) I will run for "Children With Leukaemia" - simply cos it could happen to any of us with kids - god forbid!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31157
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764315
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846217
      4. RIP DOCTOR WHO22

See more discussions