LONDON SHORT BREAK.....ADVICE NEEDED

Found 9th JunEdited by:"IWOOTN"
Looking to take mother for a big big ( ok 70th) birthday to London for a weekend. Anyideas on best area / hotels to stay and airport to fly Into? Will probably visit St Paul, Westminster abbey. Tusaufs, harrods, Oxford St etc. Last time I was in London was 92/93 and stayed in regent palace which was in picadilly or soho area many thanks.
Community Updates
AskHolidays & Leisure
12 Comments
We took my mum for her 70th. I would've stayed in a Travelodge but my sister is a bit more upmarket. We were in a Hilton out near Lancaster gate. Get yourself an oyster card for your travel. Few quid on travel saves a lot on accomodation. Imperial hotels are good value if you want to be central
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 10th Jun
Heathrow Airport is nearest to Central London. It is on the tube line. Gatwick is easily accessible to London via the Gatwick express trains, which is more costly, but not that much in it.
Strand Palace Hotel, 4* hotel opposite The Savoy, right on The Strand, single rooms about £140 per night.
Probably best/cheapest to fly into Stansted and then get the coach in to Victoria
Don't forget there are plenty of things to see which are free and we'll worth it.
visitlondon.com/thi…don
Regents park is lovely too. She might like one of the open top bus tours
The last time I went to London the whole place smelt like a giant sewer.
For the convenience probably Heathrow as you can just hop on the underground directly from it or London City, which has the DLR in it.

The other airports, Stansted, Gatwick and Luton, are a bit out of the way but from all 3 you can get a train into London easily. I tried them all and my favourite is London City... smaller and easy to get from there to where you want.
London city airport is most central not heathrow
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 10th Jun
what are best budget hotels ??? cenral also tnx
aw088 m ago

what are best budget hotels ??? cenral also tnx

Have a look at trivago. Most probably will be travelodge in Kings Cross which is Central.
thank you
Darzen6 h, 31 m ago

The last time I went to London the whole place smelt like a giant sewer.

Oh my , if a bad smell followed you around "the whole" of London , I'd maybe consider changing your aftershave
Staying in London is really pricey, I’d avoid travel-lodges etc as their prices are very similar to the premium hotels.

Have you considered staying outside London and going in on the train?

Options for airports Heathrow, Gatwick or city airport. These are all connected in some way (rail/tube/coach).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants